• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

ffdgh

Just did a little testing and Roy has true combos out of down-throw up to 120%. You can't combo into a kill move at that percent, but it's still pretty cool.

I like how his standard a attack can lead to his up B for a ko now. 4 Roy is best Roy.

PK Gaming

Robin is more or less the same character

giphy.gif

Puruzi

Banned
Internet went down, sorry. Good games, even though I think I'm still not entirely used to any of the new characters.

Ryu appears to induce lots of hitstun with most of his moves and has a cool moveset, Roy has a really nice nair and cool dthrow follow-ups (except that knockback scales with damage, unlike Luigi's), and Lucas is okay, even though his kill potential isn't as crazy as Ness'.

Yeah, GGs. Your Roy was pretty good, and your Ryu and Lucas weren't bad either.

JulianImp

...How am I supposed to download the characters in the 3DS version, again?

It seems they didn't unlock after I downloaded the main update, and when I go to the DLC shop it wants to charge me whenever I select any of the things I've already paid for.

Puruzi: I saved our Roy vs Lucas match where I almost succeeded in gimping you, only to notice I had gone in too deep and died before you did. That was fun.

Puruzi

Banned
...How am I supposed to donwload the characters in the 3DS version, again?

It seems they didn't unlock after I downloaded the main update, and when I go to the DLC shop it wants to charge me whenever I select any of the things I've already paid for.

you're supposed to get a code for the other system if you buy the DLC for both.

Nabster92

Oh, I believe it was 5. Twice on Duck Hunt, Lylat, and Smashville twice.

Alright cool. GG's man. That F-smash is like almost Snake up-tilt levels of dumb. Some of that hitbox needs to go to the characters that actually look like they should hit.

Also I feel like I was favored a lot more there for stage picks, unless you were just picking the same ones since we kinda banned all the other relatively normal stages. Couldn't remember if we did Smashville or Duck Hunt the 4th game I won, so I just picked duck hunt and figured you'd stop it if I was wrong and you cared.

He can cancel about half of his grounded normals into his specials on contact (hit or block).

Interesting, though he can only cancel if he doesn't whiff right? I wonder how he fares against zoning and space-control characters like his fellow Capcom rep Mega Man?

Edit: Oh yeah they announced Mother 1 for the US, Shamrock post if you're still alive and not dead of happiness

I tried everyone, and I feel the opposite I thought I would.

Ryu: thought he would be really interesting, but he bores me. Not interested in combos, but I think he flows well.

Roy: thought he would be fun like Marth, but he is just too slow. I had more fun with him in Melee. I might experiment more with him.

Lucas: could not give two craps about him before, but man this guy feels good. Also, his Nair HAS NO LANDING LAG, even though it is just as good as Mewtwo's. What the fuck, I am so angry. Why does Lucas get this godly OoS Nair but Mewtwo gets shit?

Alright cool. GG's man. That F-smash is like almost Snake up-tilt levels of dumb. Some of that hitbox needs to go to the characters that actually look like they should hit.

Also I feel like I was favored a lot more there for stage picks, unless you were just picking the same ones since we kinda banned all the other relatively normal stages. Couldn't remember if we did Smashville or Duck Hunt the 4th game I won, so I just picked duck hunt and figured you'd stop it if I was wrong and you cared.
GGs. I really feel like I only won the set because of the SD on Lylat. :/ I kinda felt defeated once that was selected at the start of the 4-3 part of the set, haha.

I quit out of a reflex since I died by that, no hard feelings. Yeah, I always catch too many people with the Fsmash due to its hitbox.

Tried to use Burning Spin Dash at the start, but felt like it wasn't good for the matchup, so decided to go back to default. Can't get used to Hammer at all. I wish I could link you to the set that I played with Dabuz at a tourney since you two play completely different, but they didn't highlight it so its deleted.

Puruzi

Banned

Ryu: thought he would be really interesting, but he bores me. Not interested in combos, but I think he flows well.

Roy: thought he would be fun like Marth, but he is just too slow. I had more fun with him in Melee. I might experiment more with him.

Lucas: could not give two craps about him before, but man this guy feels good. Also, his Nair HAS NO LANDING LAG, even though it is just as good as Mewtwo's. What the fuck, I am so angry. Why does Lucas get this godly OoS Nair but Mewtwo gets shit?

Because Lucas is cool and M2 is an edgy dork B)

Do not go off stage with Roy either... I don't think Roy will be above mid-tier, probably will settle around where Ike is...

Top Bottom