• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

How bad is WFT supposed to be?

I tried to play her for real in FG.

Ugh. I got pummeled by THREE Roys in a row, then Lucas.

I can't do anything when I use her, if she had some more reach it would really help...

I don't have a main so there's that.

She has weird hit boxes, when she hits with her arm on Ftilt it sends the opponent foward while when you hit with the back bending leg it sends the opponent flying straight up.

WFT has a lot of moves like this. Her Fair also has some disjointed hit boxes, when you hit with the extending arm it sends the opponent foward, and when hitting with her back leg it send the opponent downwards and has a sweetspot for potential spiking.

I really hope they buffed her Fsmash though......

I'll have to do my first ranbat a day late it seems.

Loving Roy and Ryu though.

I'll try sending everyone in my bracket for a match tomorrow.

As far as I know no one in my bracket did a match either.
I'm late too, unfortunately. Gotta get in touch with everyone for that.

Do you have the link to the doc?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot it was in the first Post

Think I'm gonna seriously go all-in with Ryu as my secondary.

Also I found out that you don't need to use B for Ryu's specials. You can do the motion and then hit A instead. Very nice.

Sora_N

She has weird hit boxes, when she hits with her arm on Ftilt it sends the opponent foward while when you hit with the back bending leg it sends the opponent flying straight up.

WFT has a lot of moves like this. Her Fair also has some disjointed hit boxes, when you hit with the extending arm it sends the opponent foward, and when hitting with her back leg it send the opponent downwards and has a sweetspot for potential spiking.

I really hope they buffed her Fsmash though......

I'm willing to put some time into it to try and see if I want to keep using her, but I lost every game lol.

Is there some sort of trick with the volleyball? I saw some stuff on Youtube but couldn't find anyone saying what it is.

EDIT: I found this http://smashboards.com/threads/header-landing-jump-cancel-and-b-cancel-wii-fit-trainer.395953/

Think I'm gonna seriously go all-in with Ryu as my secondary.

Also I found out that you don't need to use B for Ryu's specials. You can do the motion and then hit A instead. Very nice.
That's a good tip, nice! I'm looking forward to fighting Ryu out there; so freakin' cool that he's in this game.

Hey all. So, about the ranbats, I added the people I'm supposed to fight, but I haven't been added back. If anyone I'm supposed to fight is here now, please reply so we can get our fights in!

(Still new at this ranbat thing)
PM people.

I think Mewtwo got buffed. Tracking on his attacks during dbl jump no longer whiff.
Can you elaborate on this?

I'll have to do my first ranbat a day late it seems.

Loving Roy and Ryu though.

I'll try sending everyone in my bracket for a match tomorrow.

As far as I know no one in my bracket did a match either.
No worries. It is a distracting week. I think most people are s bit behind, including myself.

If anyone in my bracket wants to play tonight, let me know.

Let's do this... be aware of Shoryukens everywhere :v

ok no, gonna stick to characters I actually know haha
I don't have any idea what stages are we supposed to pick & how many matches xD

Sounds good.

Karsticles, I did, yep. Awaiting reply.

Hey Tipster. I PMed you recently, did you see it?

Also, anyone, 1v1s?

I did not! I'll check it out.

TWILT, this'll have to be my last for a bit!

I'm willing to put some time into it to try and see if I want to keep using her, but I lost every game lol.

Is there some sort of trick with the volleyball? I saw some stuff on Youtube but couldn't find anyone saying what it is.

EDIT: I found this http://smashboards.com/threads/header-landing-jump-cancel-and-b-cancel-wii-fit-trainer.395953/

Was about to mention the tip on that video. It helps.

The Volley balls trajectory depends when you hit the ball, the earlier you hit, it will go foward, the later you hit it, it will go downwards and bounce of the ground. its good to know when to change the direction.

Also good to know that you can air stall a bit with the volley ball, mix this with Deep breathing stalling (by canceling deep breathing with air dodging) and you can stay off stage for awhile.

The soccer ball has a meteor smash when you hit your opponent with your head while doing the head butt animation. It has a easier sweet spot then the Fair imo. You have no idea how satisfying it is to bait someone off stage then WRECK em with the headbutt!

Also remember that Firing a charged Sun Salutation will recover 1% and Deep breathing recovers 2%. She has a good defensive game when needed.

Sorry if you dont understand, im a horrible teacher when it comes to teaching things ha.... WFT was my Day 1 character and still is my best main.

Awesome!

Somebody run me the rules real quick please? Gonna go boot the game up.

Well that was a short break. ; ;

Nabster said:
BRACKET:
http://challonge.com/smashgaf_doubles

RULES:
• Sets will be best of 3 with the Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals as best of 5.
• 2v2.
• Customs are legal, items and equipment are not.
• All players may switch characters between matches.
• 3-stock with a 8-minute timer.
• Team attack set to ON
• Time Out Clause: if the match timer hits “0”, the team with the highest number of stocks or lowest total damage % if tied wins.
• Stage strike/counter-pick system should be used in sets.
• 1-2-1 strike on starters for game 1
• Winners of previous match can ban 3 stages and loser's can pick from those remaining unless they already won on it.
• Omega-version stages are all considered one “stage” for banning.

Starters
All For Glory Stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter-picks
Skyloft
Castle Seige
Halberd
Delfino
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island
Kongo Jungle 64

To facilitate coordination for stage strikes/bans/counter-picks, please use the #smashgaf IRC channel on Rizon:

Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

You are expected to finish your match within two weeks of your match being set. I will PM individual match deadlines. The first three matches should be done by June 1st.

Sora_N

Was about to mention the tip on that video. It helps.

The Volley balls trajectory depends when you hit the ball, the earlier you hit, it will go foward, the later you hit it, it will go downwards and bounce of the ground. its good to know when to change the direction.

Also good to know that you can air stall a bit with the volley ball, mix this with Deep breathing stalling (by canceling deep breathing with air dodging) and you can stay off stage for awhile.

The soccer ball has a meteor smash when you hit your opponent with your head while doing the head butt animation. It has a easier sweet spot then the Fair imo. You have no idea how satisfying it is to bait someone off stage then WRECK em with the headbutt!

Also remember that Firing a charged Sun Salutation will recover 1% and Deep breathing recovers 2%. She has a good defensive game when needed.

Sorry if you dont understand, im a horrible teacher when it comes to teaching things ha.... WFT was my Day 1 character and still is my best main.

Nah you did alright, but I have never had experience with air games at all so that will be pretty hard for me.

I didn't know you could meteor smash with the headbutt, that'll be helpful to practice!

Thanks! :)

jnWake

New characters are really cool.

Wonder what this means for DLC down the line though. Nothing was announced for later so maybe we'll get new stuff (like new teases or actual new characters) in the August update?

Top Bottom