• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Snacks, pls don't disrespect me with taunts.
Kappa

I'm really feeling it with Roy, though. The fact he gets a dark purple color scheme is just gravy.

Snacks, pls don't disrespect me with taunts.
Kappa

I'm really feeling it with Roy, though. The fact he gets a dark purple color scheme is just gravy.

Lucas's are only okay, and they're the same as Brawl. Roy has the best taunts of the 4 downloadable characters.

Good games. I don't think I have any of Lucas's moves figured out.

Karsticles in case you missed it I posted a Lucas brief synopsis late last page. Also, I would dabble using his snake tether when falling back to the ground. Has a hit box now. Didn't in brawl. Pk freeze is actually useful in certain situations too

JulianImp

Good games! I think you might want to play Puruzi for some extra Lucas practice. It's crazy how much better his recovery is compared to how it was in Brawl, though.

You'd probably do well to implement retreating PK fire into your gameplan, since it's almost impossible to punish.

Roy has definitely become my boy now, even if I feel like his edgeguarding game is kind of weak because of his falling speed, which has me feel like I shouldn't go offstage to try and gimp even something slow and predictable like Lucas' recovery.

Ricky 7

Charizard's Up Throw is now almost on the same level as Mewtwo's. It was his most useless move too when the game first released. Glad they're updating the game.

Highwind

I am getting too angry/frustrated playing this game online, and it's starting to become a problem.

Just can't get the hang of the system and keep missing moves, not punishing when I should, being more reckless than necessary and never being able to perform follow ups or react. It sucks.

Beats

after playing ryu for a bit, i'd think it'd be cool if every character had a guaranteed way to combo into a kill starting from a weaker attack at high percents. Dunno if you can really shoehorn something like that without changing other things though.

good or bad idea?

JulianImp

after playing ryu for a bit, i'd think it'd be cool if every character had a guaranteed way to combo into a kill starting from a weaker attack at high percents. Dunno if you can really shoehorn something like that without changing other things though.

good or bad idea?

I don't think giving everybody a guaranteed KO would be the right thing to do, mostly since weak attacks tend to be fairly hard to punish, so it isn't different from trying to nail your opponents with Disable as Mewtwo to get the kill.

I am getting too angry/frustrated playing this game online, and it's starting to become a problem.

Just can't get the hang of the system and keep missing moves, not punishing when I should, being more reckless than necessary and never being able to perform follow ups or react. It sucks.

If your playing for glory only, thats a big problem, its better to learn by playing someone else who is also looking to learn at a calm pace. Its why I kinda abandoned FG and stick with GAF only.

Hey all. So, about the ranbats, I added the people I'm supposed to fight, but I haven't been added back. If anyone I'm supposed to fight is here now, please reply so we can get our fights in!

(Still new at this ranbat thing)

Boney

Banned
So... Wondering if we'll be able to do our doubles tonight.

On an unrelated note, Link's throw game got seriously buffed apparently, more range on claw shots and better follow ups.

Sonic got his up smash nerfed, rejoice!
but apparently his forward smash got buffed.
. Sonic is unconfirmed atm.

After hitting someone with ryus down b how do I cancel the animation so I can attack?
Forward forward, or back back will cancel the focus attack into a dash. It can be done after the hit connects or while charging.

You can actually do it in the air and dash in the air.

Highwind

If your playing for glory only, thats a big problem, its better to learn by playing someone else who is also looking to learn at a calm pace. Its why I kinda abandoned FG and stick with GAF only.

Nah. I quit For Glory months ago.

I mainly either play on GAF or Anther's Ladder.

JulianImp

Well ggs I guess. Probably should have switched the teams around, didn't feel even.

I agree that the Tipster-TWILT combination tipped the scales badly in their favor, but it probably didn't help that I kept hitting you by mistake.

It seems you can escape Roy's dthrow-nair combo by merely jumping away. Good to know.

Which animation is it?
No idea, but you know you did it right if you chained three different attacks.

Karsticles in case you missed it I posted a Lucas brief synopsis late last page. Also, I would dabble using his snake tether when falling back to the ground. Has a hit box now. Didn't in brawl. Pk freeze is actually useful in certain situations too
Thanks!

B reverse fortress auto snap still dun work.

That utilt though.
Lol.

Want help analyzing your play?

Sora_N

How bad is WFT supposed to be?

I tried to play her for real in FG.

Ugh. I got pummeled by THREE Roys in a row, then Lucas.

I can't do anything when I use her, if she had some more reach it would really help...

I don't have a main so there's that.

I know it's super early, but where does Ryu fit in the tier discussion? Sounds like he has tons of priorities. What are his main weaknesses?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'll have to do my first ranbat a day late it seems.

Loving Roy and Ryu though.

I'll try sending everyone in my bracket for a match tomorrow.

As far as I know no one in my bracket did a match either.

Top Bottom