• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

NoKisum

Is there a way to roll back on updates in Smash Bros. Wii U? I wanted to record a bunch of replays from matches some friends and I had from late last night, but didn't wake up until after the Ryu update hit (which was apparently automatic even though I turned automatic updates off).

Nabster92

GGs. I really feel like I only won the set because of the SD on Lylat. :/ I kinda felt defeated once that was selected at the start of the 4-3 part of the set, haha.

I quit out of a reflex since I died by that, no hard feeling. Yeah, I always catch too many people with the Fsmash due to its hitbox.

Tried to use Burning Spin Dash at the start, but felt like it wasn't good for the matchup, so decided to go back to default. Can't get used to Hammer at all. I wish I could link you to the set that I played with Dabuz at a tourney since you two play completely different, but they didn't highlight it so its deleted.

Yea I know I play like the exact opposite of how Dabuz plays. He actually randomly challenged me to some wifi friendlies on Anther's last week just before Xanadu. Went much better than our set at Apex. Not sure how much of that was wifi or me being slightly better than I was then or just not being bummed like I was at Apex at how stupid it was that we had to play in losers bracket cuz of the stupid pool manager.

Anyways GG's for the friendlies as well. Do you happen to be free tomorrow morning before you're gone for the week for the doubles match? It seems Masked Man is asleep in Japan time now, but he might be able to play in the morning at like 7 AM EST or so maybe.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Some people said that Sakurai implied that they are almost done with Smash Bros DLC Stages, but other people said otherwise.

Can anyone give me the exact quotes what Sakurai said about this subject?

Boney

Banned
My wife was playing NSMBU, and when she got Yoshi I asked her if she would mind killing him just to make me feel better.

I am really glad your character got that needed buff. Does Fair chain better, too?
Did she comply about Yoshi? Haha

And no fair is the same but that's never been a problem. People are debating up smash hitbox isn't so wonky now but I'm not convinced.

We did lose missile cancel but that was across the board

Oidisco

Ok, I like Roy a lot. He's got some good combo potential and a better off-stage game than I expected, though definitely not as good as Marth

Blizzard

Banned
Now that it's been a few hours, did anyone ever find the 3 levels for Ryu's attack (or at least the low attack) like the video described? It seemed I only ever got light and heavy to work, even in slow motion. Or maybe the video was talking about something else?

Boney

Banned
What are Lucas taunts by the way? Same as brawl?

Now that it's been a few hours, did anyone ever find the 3 levels for Ryu's attack (or at least the low attack) like the video described? It seemed I only ever got light and heavy to work, even in slow motion. Or maybe the video was talking about something else?
3 levels for specials. Normals are just tap or hold, so 2 for each tilt and 2 for the jabs

Boney

Banned
Ryu is pretty freaking hard to use well. But I really see him being high tier. Collar break shield damage is insane

RomanceDawn

Man I miss you guys even though when I was home I couldn't always play cause of my kids.

I'm in Canada now and then I'm moving to China for a few months. It is going to be tough so I made contact with a Smash China wifi and meet up group so hopefully I will get a decent challenge out there to keep up my skill. My in-laws have no internet but luckily I was able to take my Wii U to a friends and get ALL the new content!

I am so super duper excited! Roy is no clone any more as far as I'm concerned! To me he his now Marth's Luigi or Falco! Lucas looks just as awesome as ever and man Ryu looks great and complex! Happy for those groups of fans.

But guys... Did you see what they did to my boy DK?!?!?!?! When I come back you guys won't know what hit you! I had such a great off stage game with DK in Brawl! Even when opponents figured out how to tech I still could throw them under the stages where it was impossible to recover for some! DK's off stage cargo throw game is back! There is so little lag on his cargo throws now and all of them got a buff in damage! His down throw now gives him a extra hop so you won't get footstooled even if they tech! I can carry guys off, under and to the ends of stages properly again!

YABADABADOOOOOO!!!!!

Can I get a "woah bundy!" ?

Oh be sure to delete my NNID, Romancedawn, when you need space. I will return in August but most likely I will leave again right away for another few months. So my ID will just take up space for the longest time.

Edit:
Thanks Pad! And congrats again on the new baby!

Man I miss you guys even though when I was home I couldn't always play cause of my kids.

I'm in Canada now and then I'm moving to China for a few months. It is going to be tough so I made contact with a Smash China wifi and meet up group so hopefully I will get a decent challenge out there to keep up my skill. My in-laws have no internet but luckily I was able to take my Wii U to a friends and get ALL the new content!

I am so super duper excited! Roy is no clone any more as far as I'm concerned! To me he his now Marth's Luigi or Falco! Lucas looks just as awesome as ever and man Ryu looks great and complex! Happy for those groups of fans.

But guys... Did you see what they did to my boy DK?!?!?!?! When I come back you guys won't know what hit you! I had such a great off stage game with DK in Brawl! Even when opponents figured out how to tech I still could throw them under the stages where it was impossible to recover for some! DK's off stage cargo throw game is back! There is so little lag on his cargo throws now and all of them got a buff in damage! His down throw now gives him a extra hop so you won't get footstooled even if they tech! I can carry guys off, under and to the ends of stages properly again!

YABADABADOOOOOO!!!!!

Can I get a "woah bundy!" ?

Good luck in China buddy! And I understand about the kids, we just had another one here so online sessions will be tough for me as well.

Boney

Banned
Fast fall to back air for edgeguarding means tatsumaki to your death ;_;

On the other hand empty jump srk is gahdly

JulianImp

Fast fall to back air for edgeguarding means tatsumaki to your death ;_;

On the other hand empty jump srk is gahdly

That made me think of what would've happened if Zangief was a character and you forgot to set tap jump off in your control scheme.

Negative edge hadokens sounds really cool. I've still got to learn how to do tatsus correctly on the ground, though.

Also, I noticed that Lucas' PSI magnet has a smaller hitbox than the magnet itself, which kind of surprised me at first.

Boney

Banned
Wait, can you do an up smash into shoryuken?

What's a good crumble set up? I just go for the srk

Yeah Lucas recovery is insane up b goes ridiculous lengths, thought you weren't gonna make it twide

Soooo what do you think, is he better than Ness?

Top Bottom