• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Nah you did alright, but I have never had experience with air games at all so that will be pretty hard for me.

I didn't know you could meteor smash with the headbutt, that'll be helpful to practice!

Thanks! :)

A combo I like doing:

Her jab combo A>A>A, on the third hit grounds the opponent if close to the floor (you might have to change the timing on certain characters like yoshi), right after grounding them I immediately use the headbutt as they pop out of the ground . They stay grounded for a longer time the more damage they have so your gonna have to change your timing on the head butt or jump to where they pop up. Ground them at the edge of the stage and go for the Headbutt!

If you do manage to ground them at really high %s its best just to hit them with a fully charged Foward or Down Smash. Even a fully charged sun salution is a good option to deal and recover at the same time.

Only use up smash when the opponent is above you, it whiffs hard on the ground. And even then its slightly risky vs certain attacks. It hits hard though.

As for air game, the only hard attack to use is the Nair (can hit twice depending on the angle).

Dair, Bair, Fair and Uair are solid though!

Glad to help a potential new WFT! =]

Good stuff guys! Yeah, the lag was a real downer. Still, both matches were really close!

Good luck in the rest of the tourny!

I'll stick around for a few more, but my head is killing me. So just a bit!

SoldnerKei

Phew, good games guys, was super hard to play with all that lag :( shame about that.

Yeah, lag was pretty bad, nevertheless Good Games guys, I think Solar and I should have stick to our mains xD we did way better on first game

gonna play a few more games, hopefully lag won't get has ugly

Sora_N

A combo I like doing:

Her jab combo A>A>A, on the third hit grounds the opponent if close to the floor (you might have to change the timing on certain characters like yoshi), right after grounding them I immediately use the headbutt as they pop out of the ground . They stay grounded for a longer time the more damage they have so your gonna have to change your timing on the head butt or jump to where they pop up. Ground them at the edge of the stage and go for the Headbutt!

If you do manage to ground them at really high %s its best just to hit them with a fully charged Foward or Down Smash. Even a fully charged sun salution is a good option to deal and recover at the same time.

Only use up smash when the opponent is above you, it whiffs hard on the ground. And even then its slightly risky vs certain attacks. It hits hard though.

As for air game, the only hard attack to use is the Nair (can hit twice depending on the angle).

Dair, Bair, Fair and Uair are solid though!

Glad to help a potential new WFT! =]

Thanks! I will try those out tomorrow.

Played till I got a headache lol.

Boney

Banned
Gonna call it quits as the lag is bad and it's late here.

Gg's guys!

Seems like I'm the one with horrible lag. Did a few for glory tests and they've all been awful

Yeah, lag is getting worse. I have to go anyway, but good games! Great Roy, especially for day 1.

No problem, I was about to suggest stopping too. GGs, your Marth was pretty good and you knew what to do with Mario. Thanks for the praise also! :)

Edit: I have secretly invaded Blackmage's room as Boney, let's see if anyone notices >:D

Gonna call it quits as the lag is bad and it's late here.

Gg's guys!

Seems like I'm the one with horrible lag. Did a few for glory tests and they've all been awful

It's pretty bad in here without you, so I don't think it's just you.

Edit: I'm done for the night too. Sorry Captain! Good games guys.

:D
tumblr_npy9qimYkq1sbe8joo1_1280.jpg

wish ryu had a purple colour tho

ZOMG. They buffed Zelda's upsmash to godtier.

Didn't believe the whole 18% earlier business till playing in FG. The knockback on it is insane now.

And Zelda's nair is really a whole new beast.

Does her nair hit below her?

Nope, but it's completely changed mechanically. Just on training right now.

Like if a person is standing on the edge and you nair them it'll push them downwards vertically off the edge. Basically the bottom half of the nair has spike properties while the bottom half has launch

It is also a valid combo starter now since there's more hitstun. Can do nair into a d-tilt into whatever for example. (edit: It's also a true combo now)

The foward of the spin does 2% while the rear does 1%.

I sent friend requests to my buds in bracket 7! 7 seems to be pretty bloodthirsty though, had 2 people PM me already to throw down. =o

Out of the 3 new chars, I feel like Roy and Lucas are pretty cool. I might start playing Lucas a bit more, he's got an interesting moveset.

Nope, but it's completely changed mechanically. Just on training right now.

Like if a person is standing on the edge and you nair them it'll push them downwards vertically off the edge. Basically the bottom half of the nair has spike properties while the bottom half has launch

It is also a valid combo starter now since there's more hitstun. Can do nair into a d-tilt into whatever for example. (edit: It's also a true combo now)

The foward of the spin does 2% while the rear does 1%.

Glorious buffs to muh old gal Zelda?
Awwwwwyiss!

Also not sure if true or if Snacks knows, but apparently Greninjas Ftilt got a buff or something.

Codeblue

Lucas and Roy are amazing. They're both really fast and have tons of combo potential. It almost feels like they're from a different game. It's too bad Lucina didn't get the same treatment as a Marth clone.

I can't deal with Ryu's special inputs though. I keep getting hurricane kicks and hadokens instead of my normal aerials.

Overall, super happy with the update.

Roy is totally falcofied. Dealing with Marth and Lucina are somewhat the same. Dealing with Roy is completely different.
I always felt like Ike was the Falco-fied Roy, so its fun to see Roy back again, as another interpretation of the superficially similar to Marth but stronger sort of character.

Crayolan

I have no idea on how to fight Ryu.

What was that move that stunned me?

His down b. It puts you in a crumpling animation for a short while, and has super armor. I just didn't expect his down smash to not kill at 100-whatever percent.

Edit: lmao of course olimar is too short for the f smash on stun.

The Adder

Banned
Roy was my main back in the day, and despite how differently he plays it still feels like coming home. Anyone up for a match, I'm going to lose even harder than usual because I haven't quite gotten the hang of him and I'm doing risky shit I don't do with anyone else just because of how good it feels, but I want the practice.

Lucas was one of my Brawl mains too.

Top Bottom