• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Sure, okay. Which is exactly why I imagine he'd add Lucas or Wolf (the former a clone, the latter a semi-clone) before a third version of Link (who's no fundamentally no different from the second version).

You shouldn't pay too much mind to Young Link being added in HW to mean DLC inclusion for Smash is a thing. Young Link in HW is based on Majora's Mask and prominently uses the Fierce Deity which is already represented as a palette swap in Smash.

jnWake

You shouldn't pay too much mind to Young Link being added in HW to mean DLC inclusion for Smash is a thing. Young Link in HW is based on Majora's Mask and prominently uses the Fierce Deity which is already represented as a palette swap in Smash.

If we got a Young Link that used masks it'd be incredible. But transformation characters are out so it'd be difficult to achieve :-(

I can imagine:

Up+B = Deku Leaf for recovery.
B = Goron Roll.
Side+B = Fierce Deity boomerang.
Down+B = Zora shield force or whatever the power you have when equiping the Zora Mask,

He transforms for a split second to do the attacks.

Masked Man

I said wow
So someone on Twitter just told me that Young Link being added as a playable character to Hyrule Warriors has caused some people to believe he'll be added as a DLC character to Smash as well.

Is this, like, a movement? Why would anyone in their right mind think this? Toon Link is essentially the same exact character as Young Link, only better. No way they'd have three Links in the roster (two of which would be the same) before they'd bring back Wolf or Lucas.

Or maybe this guy is fibbing and "some people" really means "him/her." :p

I sure as hell hope not. Two Links is more than enough. Give me back my Lucas!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If we got a Young Link that used masks it'd be incredible. But transformation characters are out so it'd be difficult to achieve :-(

I can imagine:

B = Goron Roll.
Down+B = Zora shield force or whatever the power you have when equiping the Zora Mask,

:/

That sounds terrible.

Vena

Okay, my internet seems fixed. For anyone interested in 1v1s!

NNID:TesVena, I already have a room open if we're already on the FL.

So someone on Twitter just told me that Young Link being added as a playable character to Hyrule Warriors has caused some people to believe he'll be added as a DLC character to Smash as well.

Is this, like, a movement? Why would anyone in their right mind think this? Toon Link is essentially the same exact character as Young Link, only better. No way they'd have three Links in the roster (two of which would be the same) before they'd bring back Wolf or Lucas.

Or maybe this guy is fibbing and "some people" really means "him/her." :p

The only way I'd accept Young Link DLC is if he comes in a Hyrule Warriors pack that gives the Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf their costumes.

I can imagine:

B = Goron Roll.

Of all the things the Fierce Diety Link can do, you want him to only throw a boomerang? Fierce Diety should be a Final Smash or something.

Come on in Flux.

1 FW Ganon vs Yoshi
2 FW Rosalina vs Link (Wow, I couldn't do anything)
3 FW Sonic vs Kirby (Noticing a trend here...)
4 FW Mac vs Lucario (Hrnggg)
5 FW WFT vs Falcon

Wow. GGs.

Oh, I wasn't saying I think it'll happen; not in the least. Of course it won't. I was just expressing disbelief that there's apparently a growing number of people who believe that one is indicative of the other.

Then again, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised. A cursory look at the rampant idiocy in the Smash Miiverse community makes that clear. :p

jnWake

Still here Jagsrock? I think I have you added.

GG Agent. I hate Wuhu Island haha, I was just trying to stay alive in that match :p

Jagsrock

Banned
Nice good games flux, I wasn't ready for that Mac at all lol. So much better than the ones on for glory.

Yeah I'm still around. Jnwake. Have I added you yet I'm not sure?

Vena

I'm just shooting the dark for peach tech lol

Every character can cancel their aeiral lag by hitting one frame before FF. Samus' d-air just has one very perfect, easy to hit d-air hitbox so I use her as practice. Her follow ups are rather terrible though as I'm not used to her laggy moves.

Kyzon

Every character can cancel their aeiral lag by hitting one frame before FF. Samus' d-air just has one very perfect, easy to hit d-air hitbox so I use her as practice. Her follow ups are rather terrible though as I'm not used to her laggy moves.

Oh I know about that. It's near impossible without setups now.

Vena

Oh I know about that. It's near impossible without setups now.

Ya, it's hard to pull off. Samus is just good for practice since her hitbox on dair is so reliable and easy to hit when you get the moment. Better than when I play Marth, his dair is so janky lol.

Top Bottom