• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GGs man. Sorry I left without saying GGs but I had to immediately run an errand. Even though your TLink gave me more trouble, I feel like your Lucina is overall better and you should really work on developing her, because you were doing some good stuff.

No problem! You seemed to be a bit busy!

You really think so? Thanks a lot. Toon Link was probably only doing so well because it's wi-fi, I guess. I'm really glad to hear that though. These days I'm only using those two, so I'll try and work on them more. Especially Lucina.

yea Twilt dunno whats up. Our connection was fine 90 percent of first match and then it just went bad. We will have to try again some other time

All I can tell you is to keep practicing. I have no problems doing b-reverse chomps with Wario now and it didn't take long.

Try doing it like you would a reverse Falcon Punch if you keep getting side b instead

I don't use Captain Falcon, so I don't really know the timing on his Falcon Punch. I do know that Yoshi's Egg Lay needs to be really fast, and this is hard to do when I am also moving through air (when it is most useful). I am sure more practice will let me get the hang of it, though.

DooD1234

Not sure how relevant it is to this thread but I'm playing through Earthbound for the first time and just learn Ness Side B, Up B, and PK Freeze actually belongs to Paula and not Ness. The bat and yo yo is actually part of Ness arsenal though.

Not sure how relevant it is to this thread but I'm playing through Earthbound for the first time and just learn Ness Side B, Up B, and PK Freeze actually belongs to Paula and not Ness. The bat and yo yo is actually part of Ness arsenal though.

Congratulations. You are playing the best game ever made!

jnWake

Shamrock has a solid everything.

You should rephrase that.

Just starting really making use of Yoshi's neutral-B today. It is pretty good, if I can actually get my opponent with it. I mess up a lot when trying to do the direction reversal, and I either do get it, or I accidentally do an egg roll. Anyone have any tips to prevent this?

I love neutral-B but I almost never use it to catch my opponent by surprise. It's hilarious using it to end a match. You can use it when recovering (you've been sent away and when your opponent is preparing to edgeguard you suddenly swallow them, chances are they will die). You can also use it to edgeguard and it works particularly well against characters with counters. You can also stall in the edge but it's too obvious.
Neutral-B is super useful against fast guys like Sonic and Falcon. It can actually stop Sonic's spin attacks!
Reversal is using the c-stick right?

You should rephrase that.

I love neutral-B but I almost never use it to catch my opponent by surprise. It's hilarious using it to end a match. You can use it when recovering (you've been sent away and when your opponent is preparing to edgeguard you suddenly swallow them, chances are they will die). You can also use it to edgeguard and it works particularly well against characters with counters. You can also stall in the edge but it's too obvious.
Neutral-B is super useful against fast guys like Sonic and Falcon. It can actually stop Sonic's spin attacks!
Reversal is using the c-stick right?

Yeah, I got my first counter-edge-guard by getting a guy on the ledge today. I then got one when I was standing near the side. It is very satisfying, much like meteor smashing someone with Yoshi's Fair.

Reversal is when you input the opposite direction you are facing RIGHT after you use the move. This allows you to use it in the other direction without turning around first. It can also do interesting things with your momentum.

jnWake

Reversal is when you input the opposite direction you are facing RIGHT after you use the move. This allows you to use it in the other direction without turning around first. It can also do interesting things with your momentum.

I know this works in the air (use with egg throw all the time, never tried with neutral-b), does it also work on the ground?

Hey I was playing Megaman earlier, and what is his best kill option? MM is kinda weird..
Yeah, he's pretty different from most characters! He has a bunch of kill moves, but they tend to leave him very open. For example, his Down Smash, Forward Smash, and Up-tilt are all moves that kill well if you hit, but if you miss you're getting punished hard.

For those reasons, I tend not to use them often or in particular situations.

I find the move I use to kill most reliably is his back air. Usually nearing 120-140% it'll kill on stage, and at percents closer to 100 off stage.

Of course, his up-air and down air can kill as well, but those're a bit different.

Up smash is a great move for punishing a predicted roll quickly and can kill at later percents.

But I find back-air to be my most valuable finisher.

Hehe, I've been needing a Marth to practice my MK!

Feel free to, but I hope you're ready for some new tricks!

Consider the party crashed then!

Enforced

Nope. But I was just about ready to kick your butt too! :p

Oof my mistakes get punished so hard lol.
G9u1Mls.gif

Oh you I was going to ask you guys, does anyone here use perfect pivot or w/e (implementing it like a wave dash method)? Doesn't look like it adds enough to master it but I dunno...

Enforced

What? I meant that I didn't mind lol.

And now I spammed Blitz with Zard just cuz lol.
oh. I read the posts too quickly. I got declined then I read you posts saying "nope" that I thought you denied for me joining the room. So, I wanted to post the gif. :p

Top Bottom