• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

RomanceDawn

I think I have you added already.You wanted to host or me? 2 stock or 3?

You host! 2 or 3 doesn't matter for me.

Man ggs. Every battle with Charizard I start off real good and think "I got this" and every time you beat me hahaha.

Got to go, gotta put my daughter to sleep.

Flowmoney

You host! 2 or 3 doesn't matter for me.

Man ggs. Every battle with Charizard I start off real good and think "I got this" and every time you beat me hahaha.

Got to go, gotta put my daughter to sleep.

GGs Romance!! You play pretty tough with heavyweight characters.Even though I was pulling off a few cheesy wins on Charizard , I got destroyed by DK and Bowser.

mayflash wired gamecube adapter shipped from Play-Asia :D
I heard those are garbage. Hope I heard wrong!

Is Mario a bad match up for Ness? He just seems to always give me a hard time.
According to eventhubs, they are well-matched.

Shamrock has a solid everything.
Does Sham have a solid Falco? I'd love to see a solid Falco. I just don't think Falco's that great anymore.

Whoo, finally!

IMG_0400.jpg

First trophy was the Iridescent Glint Beetle, last was Ridley (fucking Smash Tour, man).

This and Smash 3DS are the only Smash games I've ever gotten all the trophies in. Non-Japanese players couldn't get all the trophies in Melee since a few were Japan-exclusive, and I was never able to beat Boss Battles on Intense difficulty in Brawl for whatever trophy was locked behind that challenge. So much rage was had trying to beat that damn challenge before I finally just gave up and moved on.
Congrats! My first trophy is Sidesteppers (Mario Bros). My first character trophy is Marth (Classic). Kind of sad I never play as him anymore...

Jtails is the one who made people realize that Diddy was so good. He won most of the early 3DS tournaments and still places pretty high I believe. Also, M2K really isn't all that great with Diddy. ZeRo is waaay better. I don't think M2K has really found his character yet. It would be cool if it ends up being Mewtwo.
I doubt it will be Marth :p

Dunno. Never fought Sham using Falco. He got nerfed. People better clamor for Wolf because the Ace Pilot Falco was is gone.

I'm just sad because I mained Fox in Smash 64, and when they made Fox different in Melee, Falco was there to take the place of the Fox I knew. Now there's no one on the roster I really feel has taken his place.

Falco's smashes and aerials are super satisfying but if his movement is laggy then what's the point?

On another note, I'm excited for when Nabster and Shamrock complete their sets in their respective brackets.

Hey emb, looks like you've got a set due in 3 days. When will you be on?

emb

I'm just sad because I mained Fox in Smash 64, and when they made Fox different in Melee, Falco was there to take the place of the Fox I knew. Now there's no one on the roster I really feel has taken his place.

Falco's smashes and aerials are super satisfying but if his movement is laggy then what's the point?

On another note, I'm excited for when Nabster and Shamrock complete their sets in their respective brackets.

Hey emb, looks like you've got a set due in 3 days. When will you be on?
Hi Agent! I saw you posted and started to ask you the same, before I saw the last line lol.

I usually am free around 7 pm EST until ~12. Hard to say 100% for sure, but I think I should be free tonight and tomorrow night if you are. It's easier on me if we setup a time beforehand, since a lot of times I'll forget to look at GAF when I'm at home.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I heard they were basically identical clones. Hope I heard right.

I have an original adapter pre-ordered too, but who knows when Nintendo gets around to produce more of them

Was it this one you heard about though?

Hi Agent! I saw you posted and started to ask you the same, before I saw the last line lol.

I usually am free around 7 pm EST until ~12. Hard to say 100% for sure, but I think I should be free tonight and tomorrow night if you are. It's easier on me if we setup a time beforehand, since a lot of times I'll forget to look at GAF when I'm at home.

I'm working tonight and tomorrow night. Mornings are better for me during Wed-Sat.

emb

I'm working tonight and tomorrow night. Mornings are better for me during Wed-Sat.
Saturday morning could work, but I never know until last minute if irl people are gonna make plans. Every weekday for me, I go straight from sleep to work, so mornings don't actually exist. :(

I'll plan on Saturday. How about like... 10 AM? I'm bad to oversleep on weekends sometimes, but I'll do my best not to let you down.

Saturday morning could work, but I never know until last minute if irl people are gonna make plans. Every weekday for me, I go straight from sleep to work, so mornings don't actually exist. :(

I'll plan on Saturday. How about like... 10 AM? I'm bad to oversleep on weekends sometimes, but I'll do my best not to let you down.

Let's hold off on making any such commitment. 10 is a bit late for me. I usually sleep approx 9am-4pm Pacific (work nights). Maybe I'll be more accommodating not during my work week.

emb

Let's hold off on making any such commitment. 10 is a bit late for me. I usually sleep approx 9am-4pm Pacific (work nights). Maybe I'll be more accommodating not during my work week.
Ah, and there I was worried about going too early lol. I'll try to pop on that morning as early as I can and see if you're around.

Does Sham have a solid Falco? I'd love to see a solid Falco. I just don't think Falco's that great anymore.
If you're looking for a solid Falco, me and Cyberman would probably do you well. :) I personally believe Falco has a lot of potential that's untapped, and while he may not be high-tier he can definitely go toe-to-toe with a lot of characters.

Then let your voice be heard!

For me it's Ridley, Dixie and Sukapon. After that there are characters I want to see back like Wolf and other newcomers like K Rool but I am not as passionate about them.

Already filled in the form. I also selected characters I know are loved by many and some vets that got cut.

TWILT

Banned
Man, the only other characters I want pretty much have no chance of ever getting in ;_; (Neku, Bayonetta, and Wonder Red).

Least I got Shulk in this game.

According to eventhubs, they are well-matched.

Congrats! My first trophy is Sidesteppers (Mario Bros). My first character trophy is Marth (Classic). Kind of sad I never play as him anymore...

I doubt it will be Marth :p

I never play as falco so imagine he would be quite bad lol

Are you sure you're not thinking of the MayFlash adapter that plugged into a WiiMote? Granted, I haven't heard a lot of impressions of the new one that's a copy of the Nintendo adapter out in the wild, but what little I've heard has made it sound like it's as good as the Nintendo adapter.

Vena

1v1s anyone? Short dinner break and I'd like to play a bit if only to thaw my hands. I have about an hour before I have to head back to the lab.

NNID: TesVena

dunno if this was posted already: Mega Man Crash Bomb Shield Cancel

situational but it's good to know imo

Oh wow, thanks for posting this. As a Mega Man main, this is really interesting. I don't know if I'll ever get good enough to use this well during the regular flow of a match, but I'd like to try.

God, he's pretty good already but Mega Man would be so fucking beastly if more of his attacks could be canceled under normal circumstances and/or he had less ending lag on all his smashes and Mega Upper. Pretty much all his kill moves other than Slash Claw are prohibitively dangerous to use in most situations. :(

If there's ever another balance patch, I really hope this gets addressed. There's no reason Mega Man's smashes and up tilt should be so stupidly punishable and have so much cooldown when he's not a heavy power character to begin with. With Flame Blast I can kind of understand it because it's actually really strong, but Charge Shot, Mega Upper, and especially Spark Shock should have a lot less ending lag. Hard Knuckle could use a bit more range, too. Its hitbox is weird.

Oh wow, thanks for posting this. As a Mega Man main, this is really interesting. I don't know if I'll ever get good enough to use this well during the regular flow of a match, but I'd like to try.

God, he's pretty good already but Mega Man would be so fucking beastly if more of his attacks could be canceled under normal circumstances and/or he had less ending lag on all his smashes and Mega Upper. Pretty much all his kill moves other than Slash Claw are prohibitively dangerous to use in most situations. :(

If there's ever another balance patch, I really hope this gets addressed. There's no reason Mega Man's smashes and up tilt should be so stupidly punishable and have so much cooldown when he's not a heavy power character to begin with. With Flame Blast I can kind of understand it because it's actually really strong, but Charge Shot, Mega Upper, and especially Spark Shock should have a lot less ending lag. Hard Knuckle could use a bit more range, too. Its hitbox is weird.
Megaman is one of the heaviest characters in the game, and he is projectile-based. Something has to give.

Top Bottom