• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Some of the hitboxes(spheres) in this game are pretty dumb.. Getting marvel flashbacks...
You should've seen Brawl. Snake was the disjoint king, hitting you a full yard away with his ftilt.
I have a lot of fun playing as Little Mac, even though I'm not great as him. Obviously, his pitiful recovery is the scariest thing about playing him.
Oh yeah, tell me about it. That and his nonexistent air game really scare me away from him, but I'm feeling fun.

Megaman is one of the heaviest characters in the game, and he is projectile-based. Something has to give.

Wait, he is? I never could have guessed. Except for the crazy ending lag on his smashes, he feels, moves, and plays like a lighter character with good mobility. He always felt like a light character with heavy attacks to me. Interesting that he's actually a heavy, because traditionally I have never been able to play heavy characters worth a damn and always prefer lighter characters in any fighting game. I can't stand Bowser, Dedede, and Ganondorf for instance.

EDIT: Just checked this weight chart out, and if it's correct, it looks like he's somewhere around the 16th- to 18th-heaviest character in the game. That makes sense... when you said "one of the heaviest characters in the game," I was thinking you meant like top five and I knew that had to be impossible given his size. :p So he's in the top half, sure, but he's not a super heavy character. Mega Man is just an interesting character to play because he seems to be full of contradictions that wouldn't normally go with one another, but they do for him.

Wait, he is? I never could have guessed. Except for the crazy ending lag on his smashes, he feels, moves, and plays like a lighter character with good mobility. He always felt like a light character with heavy attacks to me. Interesting that he's actually a heavy, because traditionally I have never been able to play heavy characters worth a damn and always prefer lighter characters in any fighting game. I can't stand Bowser, Dedede, and Ganondorf for instance.
You better believe he's a heavy guy. Check his falling speed and compare it to the rest, and how he gets launched compared to, say, Rosa. He's a robot, bro.

emb

EDIT: Just checked this weight chart out, and if it's correct, it looks like he's somewhere around the 16th- to 18th-heaviest character in the game. That makes sense... when you said "one of the heaviest characters in the game," I was thinking you meant like top five and I knew that had to be impossible given his size. :p So he's in the top half, sure, but he's not a super heavy character. Mega Man is just an interesting character to play because he seems to be full of contradictions that wouldn't normally go with one another, but they do for him.
Weight's more about how far you get launched. Samus and Bowser Jr. also move around somewhat floaty/quickly respectively. Living longer is a nice bonus!

FluxWaveZ

That stage did a good job of screwing everyone over.

Edit: This was my last match, as well. GGs! Those were fun.

Oh man, that comeback.

Hmm. I was going by this weight chart:
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Weight

Now I am not sure what is real. -_-

Top Bottom