• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Isn't Super Speed basically Sonic's spin dash except she can shield, jump or grab out of it?

I'm just going with what I was told, to be honest, so sorry if I'm misinformed lol.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Personally I would run AR/Reflect/Warp/Lightweight for 1v1.

Explosive Flame for FFA.

HL only to steal kills in time matches.

Isn't Super Speed basically Sonic's spin dash except she can shield, jump or grab out of it?

I'm just going with what I was told, to be honest, so sorry if I'm misinformed lol.
Could be I haven't really tried it much. Problem I have with it though is the cool down period for its use is long. Aka once you use it, you can't use it again for like 4 seconds...
Personally I would run AR/Reflect/Warp/Lightweight for 1v1.

Explosive Flame for FFA.

HL only to steal kills in time matches.
Yah I guess explosive flame would be great in ffa and teams. Auto reticle still is ass mostly though..

Could be I haven't really tried it much. Problem I have with it though is the cool down period for its use is long. Aka once you use it, you can't use it again for like 4 seconds...
It sounds like it has similar cooldown to Shulk's Monado arts. Perhaps play around with it and see if you can find general times to have it active. Are you able to cancel Lightweight while in use? The same goes for Super Speed.

Also I think Explosive Flame has edgeguard potential with how long the attack lasts.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yah I guess explosive flame would be great in ffa and teams. Auto reticle still is ass mostly though..

Lightweight can be renewed instantly via jump canceling off of platforms.

AR is mainly for stage control.

Lightweight can be renewed instantly via jump canceling off of platforms.

AR is mainly for stage control.
Hmm interesting I guess they didn't test out some of the customs enough..
It sounds like it has similar cooldown to Shulk's Monado arts. Perhaps play around with it and see if you can find general times to have it active. Are you able to cancel Lightweight while in use? The same goes for Super Speed.

Also I think Explosive Flame has edgeguard potential with how long the attack lasts.
Yah I guess explosive flame could work as an edge guard. Would make up for her weird spike that has a weird hitbox and a billion frames of recovery..

Vena

Honestly, the only way people will be interested in picking up a low teir character to play competitively is when somebody takes that character deep. I guarantee you that more people are taking another look at King DeDeDe after his performance last night.

That gordo play was amazing.

DK and DDD have a very good stage control game that the other heavies lack. Ganon's supposed forte is his ability to kill off of just a few hints with his absurd knockback but he has so very little stage presence or control. Charizard has absurd reach and speed on his tilts, and Flare Blitz basically allows him to cover and punish any flubs on stage from just about anywhere.

I know too little about Bowser to say anything concretely, that one will be on Kars to really get into the details of for strengths and weaknesses.

I don't know how useful this is to you guys, but this link provides some decent advice on how to approach stepping up your game. I'm due to enter my first actual tourney in May, so I hope to count on you guys to train me well!

Vena

I don't know how useful this is to you guys, but this link provides some decent advice on how to approach stepping up your game. I'm due to enter my first actual tourney in May, so I hope to count on you guys to train me well!

I'm surprised you've not entered tournies yet, my sucky ass has already been in several in the midwest lol. :p

I'm surprised you've not entered tournies yet, my sucky ass has already been in several in the midwest lol. :p
Heh, despite living with the *insert midwest town here* Smash scene I've only went to my local weekly about 3 times in a year. I just don't have the opportunity to travel as freely as I'd like to, you know?

I'm midwest too :3

Heh, despite living with the *insert midwest town here* Smash scene I've only went to my local weekly about 3 times in a year. I just don't have the opportunity to travel as freely as I'd like to, you know?

I'm midwest too :3
Midwest gaf represent. I'm too lazy to find any local tournies. I might do so more in the summer when I have free time..

Jeeze, that link makes me never want to play again. Talk about sucking the joy out of the game.
Haha, we all have different ideas about what's fun. That's what makes us individual, you know? Not everyone will want to be competitive, and that's fine.

Yeah, note-taking for Smash is boring, but given how much I improved my Melee game with it I'd like to say it pays off. Take notes in school, everyone.
Midwest gaf represent. I'm too lazy to find any local tournies. I might do so more in the summer when I have free time..
Woohoo for best region USA! I hope I could play some of you guys IRL for that lagless Smash experience. :)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Haha, we all have different ideas about what's fun. That's what makes us individual, you know? Not everyone will want to be competitive, and that's fine.

Yeah it's definitely more about Me than about anything. Thinking back to college and Melee, I'd play the game hours every day. My roommate and I would train, we were really into it. While even back then I'd tell this guy to eat a dick regarding his "play like a robot" mentality, as our whole fighting style was based on getting Super Pumped Up while listening to bitchin' battle music, it's mostly just where my life is now that makes this whole thing a turn-off. It's a young (or unemployed/unmarried/childless) man's game, this high-intensity Smash Bros. I can barely muster the mental energy necessary to make it through an hour of Captain Toad after work. The idea of excelling at a video game being one of my driving forces in life is just a luxury I can't afford. Not even just in terms of "not enough time," but mainly just not enough desire. There's so much else that I'd rather do, in terms of tangible things, but also in terms of prolonged mindsets. This "train train train," I just aint got it in me. Not for this, at least. If I'm going to neglect my life and my mental health to get something done, it'll be one of 400 other projects, not the refining of my Smash Bros skillset.

But if you're at a time in your life where you can actually manage this and feel good about it, more power to ya! I've been there, certainly. I just aint any more.

Went to a local smash meet up in town and did pretty damn good. Was having a lot of trouble at first acclimating to online play as the speed at which I input moves was off by a hair so sime things like fast falling and combining moves took awhile to get going

Kyzon

ggs, that's a hella good peach you got, your other characters weren't too bad either.

Anyone else wanna 1v1? ID is HarimeNui

XD thanks. I just started learning her today since I haven't played for a week due to some crazy flu I had XD.

My main is rusty as hell now "Ganon" lol

Top Bottom