• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Since he's low on the tier list he doesn't get as much discussion. When tourney mode comes out and allows the use of custom moves maybe it will pick up mainly discussing Dash Slash strategies.

As it stands if you don't use ZSS, Diddy, Sheik and maybe Meta Knight you'll have a rough time learning anything new.
I watched some custom Bowser play from Mr. Eh (I think), and man, Dash Slash changes everything. I feel like all of his bad matchups go away with that. I'm actually hoping the ranbat players vote for customs next time around.

Don't say that! Surely there's still some Smash goodness you want to experience. What about Mewtwo and Tourneys? D:

Haha, I'm not the best player but I can gladly show you a thing or two regarding my self-learned Falco. :)

You should start a discussion and see who bites. Or maybe you can teach us Bowser, teacher Karsticles.
I post there sometimes. I have made a character guide before:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/141974/the-ultimate-dormammu-thread

The formatting is messed up because SRK.com is a horrible website that changes all of its HTML coding without telling everyone, and I just got tired of dealing with it. If I made something similar for Bowser, I probably couldn't be as thorough. I just have so much less time these days.

If you are around I can play. My ID is Romancedawn.

Yeah as a DK and Bowser main sometimes it's hard to get good info consistently. Though as a member I should be contributing more, I just never accidentally run into exploits that can become advanced techniques or anything.
I feel like, at least by now, Bowser players should be able to outline the absolute best edgeguard matches and such.

Hey karst what do you think are palutena's best customs?
I used to think it was Jump Glide, Super Speed, Autoreticle, and Fireworks, but now I think a lot are good in different situations...except for Counter, which sucks.

Autoreticle is great for punishing, harassing, and for setups. It has great range, isn't very risky, and has a low payoff.

Explosive Flame is basically the opposite in every way, except it needs setups. Weak range, kills, you can't really harass with it, etc.

So, do you want a damage dealer, or a character killer? Personal preference.

The only moves that are total crap are Heavenly Light and Counter. I used to think Lightweight was bad, but it's bugged so you can keep it going forever - super good, but Fireworks is an invincible reversal, which is also very useful.

I like to run Autoreticle, Super Speed, Jump Glide, and Celestial Fireworks. That's just my personal style, though. I love being able to charge in with her or harass at range.

RomanceDawn

I watched some custom Bowser play from Mr. Eh (I think), and man, Dash Slash changes everything. I feel like all of his bad matchups go away with that.

What is this Dash Slash you speak of?

Bulbasuar you want to play? I'm Romancedawn, add me and lets go!\

Edit: Puruzi beat me, maybe you two play?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wish Flare Blitz only had recoil on the hit (ie; like Pokemon games) and not at the start of the move. I guess it would be unbalanced then?

emb

Everyone should have ranbat match 5 done by this weekend.

At work right now, unfortunately!

Maybe tonight or tomorrow? I would like to play my last match as well. :)
Let's try to do it tonight, if we can. I'll try checking back here in a few hours, especially if I see you post.

GGs Cyberman, you beat me. 2-5, a shameful performance on my part. Oh well, just means I need to try harder next time.

Damn, of all the characters I have trouble with, why is it Sonic? I hate that hedgehog like Dr. Robotnik now. :mad:

GGs OOA, I really like your DDD. I feel like I'm getting better little by little, partially because I'm willing to spam PK thunder to keep pressure.

...and spamming PK FIRE, I guess. Why is it "spamming" with Ness but "zoning" with other characters?

emb

GGs OOA, I really like your DDD. I feel like I'm getting better little by little, partially because I'm willing to spam PK thunder to keep pressure.

...and spamming PK FIRE, I guess. Why is it "spamming" with Ness but "zoning" with other characters?
Spamming implies that either the speaker is salty, or the action in question is being done thoughtlessly.

You can also spam without zoning. Like comboing across the stage with fair isn't zoning, but you are spamming fair repeatedly.

GGs Cyberman, you beat me. 2-5, a shameful performance on my part. Oh well, just means I need to try harder next time.

Damn, of all the characters I have trouble with, why is it Sonic? I hate that hedgehog like Dr. Robotnik now. :mad:
GGs! Liked all the tech you were pulling off with Fox, caught me off-guard a lot. I don't think anybody likes fighting against Sonic, including myself, haha.

GGs! Liked all the tech you were pulling off with Fox, caught me off-guard a lot. I don't think anybody likes fighting against Sonic, including myself, haha.

Yeah, I play Fox specifically to try and psych the opponent out. He's fast, so inexperienced players can't find it easy to come to grips with him.

I need to trim out the fat here though, I have too many characters and not enough mental maturity to grow them all. From here onward, I guess I'm just doing space animals and Meta Knight...

Ricky 7

Went to a local smash meet up in town and did pretty damn good. Was having a lot of trouble at first acclimating to online play as the speed at which I input moves was off by a hair so sime things like fast falling and combining moves took awhile to get going
I can imagine especially since Ness's recovery requires such precise timing. I wish there was a local Smash scene where I lived. =(

Top Bottom