• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

D'aww. Well, ended up playing more matches than I originally planned, but that was fun!

It also answers my question... Lucario. To be fair, I've been playing as Lucario mostly since the 3DS version, but I've been focusing on Kirby recently... Just haven't put nearly as much time into my Kirby.

Thanks for the matches though~

Vena

Speaking of which, I faced a Samus recently who only rolled around and used her charge shot. It might have been less frustrating if I weren't playing as WFT, but it got annoying pretty quickly, lol.

To be fair, their zoning game is on point in Sm4sh.

You should play my Samus sometime, I go around punching people in the face with a metal canon! (And then run away and charge shot.)

D'aww. Well, ended up playing more matches than I originally planned, but that was fun!

It also answers my question... Lucario. To be fair, I've been playing as Lucario mostly since the 3DS version, but I've been focusing on Kirby recently... Just haven't put nearly as much time into my Kirby.

Thanks for the matches though~

No worries. Of note, though, is you roll way too much. I am not the best player around here so the others will really punish those rolls hard. Also Samus' grab is terrible so her ability to roll punish is lacking, I only have her tilts and d-smash for that.

No worries. Of note, though, is you roll way too much. I am not the best player around here so the others will really punish those rolls hard. Also Samus' grab is terrible so her ability to roll punish is lacking, I only have her tilts and d-smash for that.

Ah, that I'm aware of! It's a habit transferred from Lucario to any other character I play. Since Lucario's rolls are so good, I don't usually get to play against people that punish me for them. I had cut down on it a while back, then I switched to playing Kirby, and switched back to Lucario... yeah. But thanks for the advice!

Speaking of, I noticed that you never really used Samus's bombs. They're good for changing momentum in midair and covering your retreats.

(I also play Samus. Not nearly as good as you are with the spike though lol)

Masked Man

I said wow
You should play my Samus sometime, I go around punching people in the face with a metal canon! (And then run away and charge shot.)

Sounds like a smashing good time! ;) Come to think of it, we haven't played yet, so let's play tomorrow/my tonight!

So after finally fixing my dorm Internet connection, it seems that the same firewall connection problems that plagued the 3DS Smash affect the Wii U version as well. At the very least, this means I probably won't be able to play unless whenever I'm home.

This probably won't be a problem past May since I'm aiming for a Creative Writing major (which means I'd only have to visit campus for once a week), but I'd still like to extend my apologies to Karsticles regarding the Ranbat situation since I should've seen this coming.

In any event, I actually happen to be home right now, so I'm free all day!

Spamming implies that either the speaker is salty, or the action in question is being done thoughtlessly.

You can also spam without zoning. Like comboing across the stage with fair isn't zoning, but you are spamming fair repeatedly.

I always interpreted zoning as "keeping the opponent away from you" which would be more akin to juggling, "keeping the opponent from landing/attacking," whereas spamming is more like "doing one move only for a chunk of time," regardless of effect. It's is possible that someone zones by spamming a move. Or juggles by spamming a move. But spamming is the action, zoning and juggling are effects.

Tally for ranbats is 3-5 in Out of Ammo's favor. I was doing better with Bowser after the ranbat score was set. lol

Yeah, I'm more scared of Bowser then Dorf :p. My brother plays Bowser and I almost always lose against him. Your characters were great though, we should play again sometime.

I always interpreted zoning as "keeping the opponent away from you" which would be more akin to juggling, "keeping the opponent from landing/attacking," whereas spamming is more like "doing one move only for a chunk of time, regardless of effect." It's is possible that someone zones by spamming a move. Or juggles by spamming a move. But spamming is the action, zoning and juggling are effects.
Keeping someone away from you = keep away.
Zoning = controlling space.

Link is keep away.
Ness is a zoner.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah, I'm more scared of Bowser then Dorf :p. My brother plays Bowser and I almost always lose against him. Your characters were great though, we should play again sometime.

Yeah I like how scary Bowser can be just by existing. I really want to perfect air grabs.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Spamming is when someone just attacks you with projectiles and when you close in on them they proceed to go to the other end of the stage and do the same thing. And have no other strategy.

And they usually die. Because they are lame. And if I die that's because that was my own fault.

Fine. But zoning refers to the effect on the opponent, right? Whereas spamming refers to your actions.
Zoning is a strategy or type of gameplay. Not an effect. Though you can say you "got zoned", meaning that you got spaced out as a result of your opponent's zoning.

Spamming refers to a mindset, not necessarily a set of actions. Spamming and skillful keepaway often involve similar sets of actions.

Peach plz...

Damn Yoshi is down there too.

It doesn't surprise me to be honest. Yoshi's shield isn't very good. Only good part of it is that it doesn't shrink.
You guys have great aerial mobility. :p

Sakurai. Bowser called. He wants his invincible Fortress back. Worst roll in the game is a fair trade I'd say.
Eh. I don't care either way. Bowser got a lot of good stuff this game, and he can't have everything.

The #1 change I would want for Bowser is for Fortress to latch when Bowser is facing away from the stage. Failed ledge chases are guaranteed pain for him right now. No other character has this problem.

Voliko

If any of the remaining bracket 5 people can do our match over the weekend, please PM me:

AnkiRendan(AnkiRendan)
Tansut(Tiberius800)

Top Bottom