• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Just realized this. Is there no Tournament mode???????

Will be added later. With Mewtwo who may or may not suck and the Miiverse Stage which is technically the platform in the Lobby load screen before peeps fight online.

ANd maybe we can actually do something with our replays.

Just realized this. Is there no Tournament mode???????
Coming in a future patch.

Oh why is that?

This made me laugh. And it's true.

---------------------

While Dash Slash does get rid of the KILL MOVE, it does help us with Aerial mobility and mobility all around and the Aerial version is the only version you should use since all of Bowser's Aerial Side B's allow him to act immediately on reaching the ground.

And Air Slash > Bowser Bomb does work at low percents. Which is a easy 30% damage. Which is nothing to scoff at.

This move is so godly we can go right into any attack so it could possibly set up free jab traps.

We lose the grab but the tradeoff for it is pretty decent.
Oh, no doubt it's an upgrade. It's just hard to lose one of my favorite moves, thematically. Slamming people into the ground for the KO is probably my favorite Bowser moment.

mfw I only have Bowser's neutral b specials unlocked :(
It's easy to unlock everything for one character, and Bowser has a sum total of ONE custom move that is worth using.

Send it to the trash compactor. Thanks.
Miis first.

Will be added later. With Mewtwo who may or may not suck and the Miiverse Stage which is technically the platform in the Lobby load screen before peeps fight online.

ANd maybe we can actually do something with our replays.

Ah so its coming when Mewtwo comes? Nice. Should've been there already though...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Tourney mode supposedly allows customs but I hope there is an option to lock it to custom moves. Because making a Custom slot with just moves and no equips is tedious.

Great games guys! I've been really digging the 2v2s here lately, tons of fun.

I'm digging the variety, Capn'. Sorry for all of the team kills, haha.

Shamrock! Would you mind if I took a break for a bit to take a shower and get some food? I don't want you sitting and waiting for me all day, would you be free in like an hour/hour and a half?

EDIT: And Kar! You wanted me to throw stuff at you too, right? You gonna be free later today?

Hah, don't sweat it given I peobably gave you some grief too.

Say, what does SmashGAF think of the idea of a doubles tournament? I don't think it would be fair to just limit it to GAF members pairing up, but to allow players to team up with a local friend to fight if they choose. Does that sound feasible, or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

FluxWaveZ

I don't actually like the idea of having teams where a non-GAF member could be included, but other than that I'd be up for it. 2v2s can get really laggy depending on the players, though.

JoeInky

I'd enter a doubles tournament.

I dislike the idea of being able to team with someone you know though, if other people are going to have to team with someone they don't really know then everyone should have to imo.

Also GAF has enough trouble organising singles half the time, nevermind when another 2 people get thrown into the mix.

Shamrock! Would you mind if I took a break for a bit to take a shower and get some food? I don't want you sitting and waiting for me all day, would you be free in like an hour/hour and a half?

EDIT: And Kar! You wanted me to throw stuff at you too, right? You gonna be free later today?

no problem. We may have to reschedule. Grande seems to be running slow right now. Getting annoying

Hah, don't sweat it given I peobably gave you some grief too.

Say, what does SmashGAF think of the idea of a doubles tournament? I don't think it would be fair to just limit it to GAF members pairing up, but to allow players to team up with a local friend to fight if they choose. Does that sound feasible, or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

A doubles tourney would be awesome. I could team up with my brother if it isn't limited to GAF members.

Ah, right. I suppose it's only fair that team-ups should be kept to GAF members. How do we decide who would team up though? Would the game become "Whoever teams with the best GAF player wins?" Or should we randomize it?

Just throwing theoreticals around, if there's enough interest I'll get to work on it. Don't expect it until Mewtwo at the earliest, though. :p

FluxWaveZ

If a doubles tournament were to happen, it should just be up to the players to find their own teams, without restrictions. It'd be kinda silly to limit how teams should be formed in a tournament for fairness; we've got stuff like the ranbats to balance that out.

If a doubles tournament were to happen, it should just be up to the players to find their own teams, without restrictions. It'd be kinda silly to limit how teams should be formed in a tournament for fairness; we've got stuff like the ranbats to balance that out.
Hmm, given I haven't even decided if there would be prizes beyond "the admiration of SmashGAF", I suppose I'm overthinking things a bit. Given that players choose who to team with, and making the bracket single elimination to avoid needlessly prolonging it, what other logistics are there to work out ahead of time? A period of time to complete your matches, and preparation for the event that someone's match simply can't be played through due to lag?

FluxWaveZ

Hmm, given I haven't even decided if there would be prizes beyond "the admiration of SmashGAF", I suppose I'm overthinking things a bit. Given that players choose who to team with, and making the bracket single elimination to avoid needlessly prolonging it, what other logistics are there to work out ahead of time? A period of time to complete your matches, and preparation for the event that someone's match simply can't be played through due to lag?

Single elim. is good. I would put a strict window on when to complete matches by, and simply DQ anyone who wouldn't have contacted the TO before that point if they didn't get their match done by the deadline.

That lag stuff is iffy. I would just assign a rule of "deal with it", because it's inevitable and you should be expecting it in a 2v2. If it's a slideshow, I guess players could try to pinpoint who is the cause, or they could flip a coin if there's no agreement.

Single elim. is good. I would put a strict window on when to complete matches by, and simply DQ anyone who wouldn't have contacted the TO before that point if they didn't get their match done by the deadline.

That lag stuff is iffy. I would just assign a rule of "deal with it", because it's inevitable and you should be expecting it in a 2v2. If it's a slideshow, I guess players could try to pinpoint who is the cause, or they could flip a coin if there's no agreement.
Yeah yeah, this sounds more feasible now. So with some of this stuff sorted out, we'd just need to gauge interest in this kind of thing. Who's willing to participate in a 2v2 tourney of merriment and fun?

Top Bottom