• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Eh. I don't care either way. Bowser got a lot of good stuff this game, and he can't have everything.

The #1 change I would want for Bowser is for Fortress to latch when Bowser is facing away from the stage. Failed ledge chases are guaranteed pain for him right now. No other character has this problem.

Yeah I know what you mean. I hope the next season or ranbat tourney allows customs. Dash Slash easily gets rid of a ton of problems Bowser has.

I plan on voting for customs. :)

I could use a change-up in my experience.
I am planning on voting for it too, but you Bowser mains are scaring me off the idea. :p
I just kicked ass as Chrom's Wingman Robin.
Woo, yay for Chrom not being in!

@Karsticles, can you remind us what decides how players move between brackets? Is it based on win-loss ratio, number of wins, how well we did versus certain players in the bracket, etc.?

DooD1234

I am planning on voting for it too, but you Bowser mains are scaring me off the idea. :p

Chrom still there...as a Final Smash which is more than Isaac whose presence is completely gone besides that one Golden Sun track. Plus I think Ike has one color palette that makes him look like Chrom.

Neoxon you're getting your butt kicked by Samus. C'mon and win some for SmashGaf.

Man, it's always so hard for me to know how seriously I should take Smash. If I take it too seriously it becomes less enjoyable, and having fun/not losing my love of the essence of Smash is paramount to me, but it also feels great to see and feel myself visibly improving my Mega Man game by at least applying whatever little advanced tech I'm able to. (I don't have the time or desire to spend hours on end playing people much better than me in online For Glory, so I'm never going to get seriously good.)

It's even harder because the friends I usually Smash with are so weird about it. We played last night and we're all around the same level of skill (I might be a little better), and they both accused me of "being a maniac" and "trying too hard" because I was constantly applying pressure and playing actively instead of passively, trying not to make the same mistakes repeatedly and control space as best I could.

There might be an element of truth to that, though. When you play hard/to win it becomes closer to a sport than a game, and thus potentially less fun. I've never had to think about these things with any other game, it's so strange.

Man, it's always so hard for me to know how seriously I should take Smash. If I take it too seriously it becomes less enjoyable, and having fun/not losing my love of the essence of Smash is paramount to me, but it also feels great to see and feel myself visibly improving my Mega Man game by at least applying whatever little advanced tech I'm able to. (I don't have the time or desire to spend hours on end playing people much better than me in online For Glory, so I'm never going to get seriously good.)

It's even harder because the friends I usually Smash with are so weird about it. We played last night and we're all around the same level of skill (I might be a little better), and they both accused me of "being a maniac" and "trying too hard" because I was constantly applying pressure and playing actively instead of passively, trying not to make the same mistakes repeatedly and control space as best I could.

There might be an element of truth to that, though. When you play hard/to win it becomes closer to a sport than a game, and thus potentially less fun. I've never had to think about these things with any other game, it's so strange.

http://youtu.be/b5-iJUuPWis?t=3s

your friends are jealous that you are better and are trying to save face. Tell them to get better

emb

That's competition for you. If your friends are whining about losing, start experimenting with other characters more, and going for fancy, unintuitive, and cool strategies. This gives you a chance to improve their odds while also letting you expand your knowledge of the game.

But trying to improve vs getting frustrated/burnt out is a really fine line to walk. Just make sure to remember that fun is the priority, not a side effect.

The only thing I dont like about Dash Slash is that I lose my 50/50 after a SHADC. Flying Slam gets me a ton of kills.

@Karsticles, can you remind us what decides how players move between brackets? Is it based on win-loss ratio, number of wins, how well we did versus certain players in the bracket, etc.?
There isn't a set system for moving people between brackets. It was going to be top 2 from each bracket moves to Bracket 1, next top 2 to Bracket 2, etc. But with the number of people that dropped out, that won't work for each bracket. Also, it depends on how many people sign up for next season, because if we only get, say, 16 people to sign up, then we'll have 2 brackets of 8 instead of 5 brackets of 10 like we do right now, which affects how many people I move around.

The foundation for the decision-making will be looking at comparative scores within each bracket, though. For example, Nabster is probably going to be #1 in my bracket (#2), so no matter what, he's going to Bracket 1. Then, if Bracket 1 has more room, FluxWave will go to it, since he has the second highest score. Then I'll be up, since I have the third highest score. And so on. It won't be an exact science, and I intend to place all newbies to the ranbat in their own bracket, since there's no adequate way to judge their skill.

Your friends think like losers. That's all there is to it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Oh why is that?

Your friends think like losers. That's all there is to it.

This made me laugh. And it's true.

---------------------

While Dash Slash does get rid of the KILL MOVE, it does help us with Aerial mobility and mobility all around and the Aerial version is the only version you should use since all of Bowser's Aerial Side B's allow him to act immediately on reaching the ground.

And Air Slash > Bowser Bomb does work at low percents. Which is a easy 30% damage. Which is nothing to scoff at.

This move is so godly we can go right into any attack so it could possibly set up free jab traps.

We lose the grab but the tradeoff for it is pretty decent.

Top Bottom