• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

RomanceDawn

Man I've been out of town since Friday with almost zero Internet. Took my Wii U and been chipping away at the challenges.

When I get back I'll be sure to join the thingy Oric set up. Didn't want to join this one as I knew is I'd leave for way to long to actually get involved.

Any cool DK, Jr or Bowser techniques found?

egruntz

shelaughz
GG, nice Sheik. Was a fun game.
Can't say I felt the lag this time. Maybe very slightly at the start but this is a good connection. THANK YOU >.<

oh hai romance

I posted this last page before seeing a new page was up, but:

Thanks for the courtesy SD ergruntz, but don't feel like you have to do that for every SD I have. I do it all the time as Sheik as I'm pretty new with her and keep doing the grenade instead of bouncing fish.

Man I've been out of town since Friday with almost zero Internet. Took my Wii U and been chipping away at the challenges.

When I get back I'll be sure to join the thingy Oric set up. Didn't want to join this one as I knew is I'd leave for way to long to actually get involved.

Any cool DK, Jr or Bowser techniques found?
What did I set up?

RomanceDawn

I posted this last page before seeing a new page was up, but:

Thanks for the courtesy SD ergruntz, but don't feel like you have to do that for every SD I have. I do it all the time as Sheik as I'm pretty new with her and keep doing the grenade instead of bouncing fish.

What did I set up?

Oh I thought it was you who put together that bracket thingy where people fight each other in something of a ladder.

egruntz

shelaughz
My friends were right. Samus has absolutely no kill power.
That's just sad. :(

GGs. My friend wants to set up amiibo real quick before he leaves to work. Let me do that and come back in 5 minutes to play again?

Icana :( Your timing :(

This is why you need a Steam account :p I'm about to 1v1 a friend for a bit.

EDIT: Samus has no killing power? Charge shots, bair, and up b man. Sometimes she struggles with the heavier characters that know what they're doing, though.

RomanceDawn

My friends were right. Samus has absolutely no kill power.
That's just sad. :(

GGs. My friend wants to set up amiibo real quick before he leaves to work. Let me do that and come back in 5 minutes to play again?

You and your friends are false! Samus can kill now! Just keep at it and you'll figure it out. So many of her moves are decent at high percent. Just keep racking up damage like only she can. Zone em out then blow em out. I fear a good Samus more than an equally good Diddy. Diddy juggles me all day but at least I can get in. With Samus, Zair and all those missiles keep me at bay like there is no tomorrow.

You and your friends are false! Samus can kill now! Just keep at it and you'll figure it out. So many of her moves are decent at high percent. Just keep racking up damage like only she can. Zone em out then blow em out. I fear a good Samus more than an equally good Diddy. Diddy juggles me all day but at least I can get in. With Samus, Zair and all those missiles keep me at bay like there is no tomorrow.
Gotta say, I'd love to see that. I've yet to see a good Samus, but I really want to!

egruntz

shelaughz

You do use characters with humungous hurtboxes though. Samus's hitboxes on her killing moves (bair, uair, smashes) need to be pinpointed to land a kill. Vs. skinny Sheik, for instance, is rather frustrating haha.

egruntz

shelaughz
It's okay. I'm getting good Sheik experience.
Learning that her up-b cannot be punished.
Learning that spot dodging is a bad idea against her F-Smash.

egruntz

shelaughz
Thanks xD
I was proud of that first one, cause I didn't expect to make it back to stage. Was just aiming to get a free 40% before losing the stock.

McNum

The plan:
1. Get amiibo Zelda
2. Mirror match her until she learns to telefrag
3. Regret teaching her to telefrag when she starts countering any and all moves with ending lag at that range.

I have created a monster. This is going to be FUN. She just took my two level 50 amiibos to school, and I unpacked her today! And here I thought Diddy Kong would be the mean one of today's two newcomers...

egruntz

shelaughz
That gimp on my first stock was incredible.
Honestly don't know why that up-b has a windbox though lol. It's hard enough to punish as it is.

Anti-climatic finish, but whatever. GGs! Let's play agin soon when I've hopefully got a better Sheik. I think she's coming along as I know now what I've got to work on, but we'll see if she actually pans out as one of my mains. Great Diddy you've got!

egruntz

shelaughz
Fun games. Good Sheik.
What I'd advise is to work on being less predictable with bouncing fish. You use it a lot as a spacing tool and as an aggressive approach. Since Sheik has trouble killing, I'd save it so it doesn't get stale for when it can kill offstage combos :)

Fun games. Good Sheik.
What I'd advise is to work on being less predictable with bouncing fish. You use it a lot as a spacing tool and as an aggressive approach. Since Sheik has trouble killing, I'd save it so it doesn't get stale for when it can kill offstage combos :)
Yeah, I was realizing that as well. It was working in FG, but against people who know what they're doing it's not great as an approach. Thanks for the advice!

Jobbs

Banned
anyone who wants an intermediate to bad person to occasionally spar with, feel free to add me. my ID is twotimingpete.

I'm pretty good compared to my friends, but probably pretty bad compared to the majority of this thread. I'm trying, though.

I think I've found my mains now.

Villager
Lucina
Robin
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt Dog
Pauletena
Diddy Kong

I feel unstoppable with these guys.

Makai

anyone who wants an intermediate to bad person to occasionally spar with, feel free to add me. my ID is twotimingpete.

I'm pretty good compared to my friends, but probably pretty bad compared to the majority of this thread. I'm trying, though.
MakaiUSA

I think I've found my mains now.

Villager
Lucina
Robin
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt Dog
Pauletena
Diddy Kong

I feel unstoppable with these guys.

Duck Hunt Dog is on my to do list. His popularity has gone down a lot since Smash3ds so now I want to learn him, lol. I love playing as the forgotten characters

Edit: GGs Chao

Top Bottom