• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Gilby

Turns out the GC adapter I thought I was getting for christmas didn't happen, any idea on when they'll be available again?

Airan

Got 7 player smash running for this evening. Most fun amount of gaming I've had in ages. Such a shame there's so few 8 player stages to choose though.

TWILT

Banned
I had to get a Mario match in since you brought out Shulk. Good games! You're Kirby and Pikachu are both great.

GGs! Your Sheik was getting better as the matches went on. I'd recommend rolling less (I was catching your forward rolls with Fsmashes) and try to rack more damage with her FTilt strings (though I'm not that familiar with Sheik and I think PikaKirby might be too light...?)

Cronox

Banned
Blade25, just played 3 or 4 matches (I already can't remember), but I really didn't want to conclude our first to five matches while dealing with the frustrating lag we were in. Let's say that there were multiple times where your side b KO'd me while I sat there holding my shield button. Was the internet in use on your side?

Jims

Anyone up for some sparring matches tonight? I wanna practice some of the newer characters I've been fooling around with and am tired of being kicked around in For Glory mode with them.

NNID TheRealJims

GGs! Your Sheik was getting better as the matches went on. I'd recommend rolling less (I was catching your forward rolls with Fsmashes) and try to rack more damage with her FTilt strings (though I'm not that familiar with Sheik and I think PikaKirby might be too light...?)
I think it would work on Pikachu, the issue is I still can't consistently do tilts. Half the time I was doing an f-smash was me attempting to do a tilt. It's getting a little better, though. Thanks for the advice!

GGs Jnwake. You have some nice characters. I'm guessing yoshi is your main. You do some good stuff with him. I would try using the eggs more as an approach tool. Some of the best Yoshi players I have played constantly short hop and egg throw while rushing in for a follow up attack.

jnWake

GGs Jnwake. You have some nice characters. I'm guessing yoshi is your main. You do some good stuff with him. I would try using the eggs more as an approach tool. Some of the best Yoshi players I have played constantly short hop and egg throw while rushing in for a follow up attack.

Yoshi is my main yes, but I like playing with ROB too!

I guess you're right, sometimes I stay way too far back with Yoshi. The Pac-Man battles were fun, but I had some silly SDs (for some reason the game registered double jumps a few times and I ended up dying haha). The Wii Fit Trainer match was fun too, I screwed up a bit and you didn't forgive that! I felt you spammed Down B a bit too much with Pac-Man though and that earned me lots of free hits. Otherwise I really liked your use of projectiles and dash attacks with him. Very very annoying.

Your Ness was ridiculous haha, I simply had no chance. I also had no idea that PK Thunder beat the Yoshi Bomb. That's lame (for me!). Losing so many stocks to back throws was pretty frustrating I must say haha.

Mii battles were fun. That was like the first time I used my Mii Gunner. I guess it was pretty easy to tell!

GGs. You're way better than me but I'll get there someday!

Ness has been my main since SSB64, but I'm more of a casual player. It feels like he's been buffed in Smash 4. Is that the consensus?

Without a doubt. Most of the changes to the game's overall mechanics benefit Ness and fix some of the problems he had in the past, like grab release and recovering.

TWILT

Banned
Gah, good games. XD You're way too fast. I really envy your reflexes. Your Shulk was amazing as always!

Ahhh, I need to learn to stop getting hit by Shieldbreaker. Also, the score's still only 3-1. It's a FT5 set remember? Unless you wanna take a break, then by all means.

Top Bottom