• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Tansut

Okay so I'm heading to bed, but if anyone wants to do Bracket 5 matches with me tomorrow. Either PM me or let me know on here. I'll be available tomorrow afternoon for awhile at least.

SoldnerKei

One connection just outright refuses to ever connect with you and the other refuses to work at all :|

The universe doesn't want us to play tonight

Sorry we'll have to try tomorrow

damn, seems like it :c
no need to apologize, I am pretty sure the problem is on my side, my internet has been sucking big time today, sorry for the trouble Solar

damn... it even took me like 5 minutes to post this, I'm done for today -_-

damn, seems like it :c
no need to apologize, I am pretty sure the problem is on my side, my internet has been sucking big time today, sorry for the trouble Solar

damn... it even took me like 5 minutes to post this, I'm done for today -_-

Nah, it was objectively both of my connections. Or Mexican internet in general. Same thing.

Esque7

Got the game today, and I only have Game and Watch and Duck Hunt left to unlock. Really enjoying it so far. Surprisingly I really like how DK and Link play in this game, might main them in addition to Samus and Robin. Also the CPU is crazy hard, they dodge almost everything I swear

Cronox

Banned
We can try again now. If it's still laggy I'll forfeit the rest of the ranbats. Due to my location it can get laggy here and there, but our matches the bandwidths was being used for Skype video.

Sorry Blade, was out watching that one hobbit movie. Let's try again sometime in the future.

Banzai

I can not beat that gorram master fortress. sometimes i even get to the fourth core with two lives left and i still fail. i always get thrown around by the lasers. any tips?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Do all unlocked custom moves transfer over from 3DS to Wii U when importing a custom character or only the current equipped set?

Golnei

Do all unlocked custom moves transfer over from 3DS to Wii U when importing a custom character or only the current equipped set?

Any character you bring over has the exact setup that was active at the point of their transfer, and cannot be edited on the recipient system. It also doesn't unlock the equipment or moves equipped on them for use beyond the specific transferred set.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I didnt realize that you could play as Ridley on one level. Or at least control him. That was pretty cool!

You can't really do either besides change who he will attack. By beating Ridley up. So you and your friends can make Ridley a Lu Bu wuss and constantly switch sides. Because that is in character for Ridley. What joy! What fun!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I can not beat that gorram master fortress. sometimes i even get to the fourth core with two lives left and i still fail. i always get thrown around by the lasers. any tips?
Kill the lasers? Sorry, it's very much a memorization game. At the fourth core, you kill the laser before the danger zone, jump up-right to kill the second laser and take out the 2 electric dudes at some point before you deliver a Smash attack to the core. If you want to be safe, drop down to the bottom after the attack to kill the spawned enemies.

Davey Cakes

I played a good amount of this game before realizing that to unlock characters it's fastest just to play matches.

So, last night I did a mini marathon of 1-hit KO Special Smash matches and unlocked the last three characters: Dark Pit, Rob, and Duck Hunt.

Now I can finally complete all the Events.

anyone who wants an intermediate to bad person to occasionally spar with, feel free to add me. my ID is twotimingpete.

I'm pretty good compared to my friends, but probably pretty bad compared to the majority of this thread. I'm trying, though.
Sure, I feel the same way. Added ya, my NNID is InvincibleAgent

Okkaaaaaay, did not know Skyloft could kill you like that lol

Like what now?

Banzai

Kill the lasers? Sorry, it's very much a memorization game. At the fourth core, you kill the laser before the danger zone, jump up-right to kill the second laser and take out the 2 electric dudes at some point before you deliver a Smash attack to the core. If you want to be safe, drop down to the bottom after the attack to kill the spawned enemies.

yeah ive finally done it. only on 8.0 but i dont care.

I don't think I have any confidence left in Bowser. The metagame seems to just keep leaving him behind. Everybody was so hyped up to see him not being garbage for once, but now he rarely shows up and when he does, it's just to get humiliated by Duck Hunt or slapped around by the faster characters.

I don't think I have any confidence left in Bowser. The metagame seems to just keep leaving him behind. Everybody was so hyped up to see him not being garbage for once, but now he rarely shows up and when he does, it's just to get humiliated by Duck Hunt or slapped around by the faster characters.
I still find him very competent, and he can punish DHD's disks on reaction.

Cyborg

Got the game for Chrismas...its my first Suoer Smash ever! I dont even know what Im doing. Is there an video where they explain the game?

I main villager and my favorite matches are vs bowser jr and vs DDD

DDD vs. Villager is pretty fun too, it forces me to play DDD way more aggressively than I normally would. If I try to place defensively against Villager I find myself getting zoned out really quickly.

How does the Wii U messaging system work? I want to add people from here and wherever and just get to playing. For Glory only having one stage is really discouraging, but it's the only way to get quick 1v1's.

How does the Wii U messaging system work? I want to add people from here and wherever and just get to playing. For Glory only having one stage is really discouraging, but it's the only way to get quick 1v1's.

Still easiest to set up and confirm a match on here first before adding that person. I don't add a person unless we agree on here to have a match right there and then. Otherwise it's pointless because there is no good messaging system in the game

Sorry about that last one, Karsticles. Didn't realize Pilot Wings wasn't an allowed stage.
GGs Flux.

I just don't know how to beat Spin Dash spam. I got you a few times when I shielded it and chased down your recovery, but I dont feel like it is a good answer.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Flux.

I just don't know how to beat Spin Dash spam. I got you a few times when I shielded it and chased down your recovery, but I dont feel like it is a good answer.

I think heavy characters will generally have a tough time against Sonic, but it was starting to get scary in the latter matches when you would start to reliably block many of my spin dash attempts. When that happens, I need to start varying my approach, and that's when I started to get hurt. The key's probably to initially let Sonic approach you and not the other way around, so that you can take things slowly and block the spin dashes. Once that happens, then Sonic will have to start getting in close without the spins, and that's probably when the offensive advantage can shift.

Top Bottom