• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

DooD1234

Samus in general functions like a Bowser filled with Kirby's in Smash Monada but with the Marth's tipper on the end of her back foot.
Only part I understood is her back air is amazing which it is. Any use for her nair? I find that hard to land and definitely not good for approach.

Vena

Only part I understood is her back air is amazing which it is. Any use for her nair? I find that hard to land and definitely not good for approach.

Its great on approach I find, actually, you just have to have a-stick so that you can float her around while firing it off with the stick. Since it auto-cancels, it can go immediately into her jab even if they block it, but its slow to come out. :/

She's a wonky character with no real singular strength anywhere lol, just janky hit boxes all over. Even her bair is shit compared to before, it comes out slow.

DooD1234

Its great on approach I find, actually, you just have to have a-stick so that you can float her around while firing it off with the stick. Since it auto-cancels, it can go immediately into her jab even if they block it, but its slow to come out. :/

She's a wonky character with no real singular strength anywhere lol, just janky hit boxes all over. Even her bair is shit compared to before, it comes out slow.
Shoot, I wish her fair was a good as Ness. It seemed to me all of Samus gameplay largely depends on if you can nail that full charge shot on her opponents to KO as her forward smash has a sweet spot, her down smash is incredibly weak, her up smash whiffs like hell, up air and up b just don't have enough KO power unlike some characters. Only reliable KO attack I find is her back air.

Vena

would anyone like to play a few 1v1s?

I'll happily lose to you (but on the stipulation that you critique my bad play!)! NNID: TesVena

Shoot, I wish her fair was a good as Ness. It seemed to me all of Samus gameplay largely depends on if you can nail that full charge shot on her opponents to KO as her forward smash has a sweet spot, her down smash is incredibly weak, her up smash whiffs like hell, up air and up b just don't have enough KO power unlike some characters. Only reliable KO attack I find is her back air.

Dair on the sweep is very strong. Use it to kill off-stage a lot.

Last.

Customs open up some pretty dumb stuff.

Rofl, that counter is imbalanced as fuck. Killing a countered jab at like 40%.

GGs mate. I enjoyed our matches. New controls messed me up a few times, but opened up so many new possibilities.

Ggs Karst

Last.

Customs open up some pretty dumb stuff.

Rofl, that counter is imbalanced as fuck. Killing a countered jab at like 40%.

lol it was the combination of EXTREME Monado Arts and the stronger-but-weaker-over-repeated-use counter. A custom Shulk like that is high risk high reward. Sure I was KOing you at 40%, but you would have done the same to me were I to fuck up during EXTREME Smash mode.

Ggs Karst

lol it was the combination of EXTREME Monado Arts and the stronger-but-weaker-over-repeated-use counter. A custom Shulk like that is high risk high reward. Sure I was KOing you at 40%, but you would have done the same to me were I to fuck up during EXTREME Smash mode.
I hit your ass plenty. That tradeoff is not balanced, lol.

I hit your ass plenty. That tradeoff is not balanced, lol.

Yes you did but never hard enough during Smash mode. Besides, those Monado Arts disappear about 5 seconds faster and need to recharge 5 seconds longer, so just running away from a Shulk glowing red is a valid option.

Vena

Yes you did but never hard enough during Smash mode. Besides, those Monado Arts disappear about 5 seconds faster and need to recharge 5 seconds longer, so just running away from a Shulk glowing red is a valid option.

Is this his Extreme Monado stuff?

Lol, well that answers the question about my Falco.

GGs Vena. Both Marth and especially Samus are short hop characters. You are sometimes too glued to the ground. You need to short hop a lot more when approaching and attacking. Samus, you tend to get into this tilt mode where when you get close you start busting out random tilts and smashes. Made reading you easy. Break it up by short hopping back while unloading on your range weapons.

Vena

Lol, well that answers the question about my Falco.

GGs Vena. Both Marth and especially Samus are short hop characters. You are sometimes too glued to the ground. You need to short hop a lot more when approaching and attacking. Samus, you tend to get into this tilt mode where when you get close you start busting out random tilts and smashes. Made reading you easy. Break it up by short hopping back while unloading on your range weapons.

I have trouble SH with Samus and her super floaty jump, no idea why, lol. But will keep everything in mind!

I'm not saying that the combination of Hyper Monado Arts and Power Vision isn't ridiculous as fuck when it hits because it is. I'm saying that it's not a thing that can really be abused much due to
-Hyper Smash mode being short (6 seconds)
-Hyper arts having a 15 second cooldown after use
-Power Vision's active frames decreasing when used soon after a previous Power Vision
-If you wiff a Power Vision during Hyper Smash you're also dead as soon as 40% if the opponent reacts accordingly (horizontal KO with a charged smash at midscreen, and without any charge near the edge)

I'm not saying that the combination of Hyper Monado Arts and Power Vision isn't ridiculous as fuck when it hits because it is. I'm saying that it's not a thing that can really be abused much due to
-Hyper Smash mode being short (6 seconds)
-Hyper arts having a 15 second cooldown after use
-Power Vision's active frames decreasing when used soon after a previous Power Vision
-If you wiff a Power Vision during Hyper Smash you're also dead as soon as 40% if the opponent reacts accordingly (horizontal KO with a charged smash at midscreen, and without any charge near the edge)
You abused it just fine, though, even when I was playing as careful as possible.

I mean, it doesn't really bother me, since I don't think customs are meant to be serious, and I was just goofing around once you turned customs on. I just think some of those basically break the game balance. 6 seconds is a long, long time in a fighting game.

Edit: Heck, this is basically being able to grant yourself Little Mac's KO Punch any time you want for 6 seconds.

FSLink

Banned
You abused it just fine, though, even when I was playing as careful as possible.

I mean, it doesn't really bother me, since I don't think customs are meant to be serious, and I was just goofing around once you turned customs on. I just think some of those basically break the game balance. 6 seconds is a long, long time in a fighting game.

Edit: Heck, this is basically being able to grant yourself Little Mac's KO Punch any time you want for 6 seconds.
With Shulk having down sides to each of his modes, this really isn't an issue though. Either take advantage of his lower weight/lower damage/whatever or time him out (especially in Hyper Monado arts where he can't cancel out of the mode at will). I do think his normal Monado Arts are the best in most cases though, being thrown off in Hyper Shield sucks for example, whereas with normal Monado Arts I can cancel and switch to Jump to recover.

No customs appear to be broken and we here in Hawaii have had several tourneys with them on with nothing showing to be super broke.

Bowser's Fair and Bair will swat away the Fire Hydrant with one hit.
Really, fair? Even when it is grounded and untouched?

With Shulk having down sides to each of his modes, this really isn't an issue though. Either take advantage of his lower weight/lower damage/whatever or time him out (especially in Hyper Monado arts where he can't cancel out of the mode at will). I do think his normal Monado Arts are the best in most cases though, being thrown off in Hyper Shield sucks for example, whereas with normal Monado Arts I can cancel and switch to Jump to recover.

No customs appear to be broken and we here in Hawaii have had several tourneys with them on with nothing showing to be super broke.
I respectfully disagree, and maintain that a counter killing off a jab at 40% is not balanced.

TWILT

Banned
Hyper Monado Smash + Power Vision lets you kill stuff like Bowser's FSmash at 0% for the record. Some really silly stuff lol.

? You cancel out of Hyper arts just fine. It's the Decisive Monado Arts that can't be cancelled.

I do agree with his default Arts being Shulk's best though because they're overall a lot more versatile.

I survived Rosalinapocalypse!

IMG_0615.jpg

I'm really lucky, being in Chicago on a business trip in the middle of a blizzard when she came out this morning. I love snow and cold weather but most people can't stand it, so I was the only one who bothered to be at the Target closest to my hotel at opening. No lines or anything. If I was at home in Los Angeles, there's no way I would have snagged a Rosalina!

They didn't have any Toon Links, sadly. I'll have to keep hunting for him.

Anyway, AbyssWolf finally made Smash 4 art.

Oh... oh my. It's gorgeous.

FluxWaveZ

GGs flux. That Rosalina Defense is hard to penetrate. I'm a little dissapointed at how bad my secondaries did =/

GGs. That one was going to be my last, too, so that works out.

I think I'm going to be adapting with Rosalina against Ness instead of Sonic. It's really hard for me to approach in the MU with the latter; I have a way easier time doing stuff with Rosalina.

GGs. That one was going to be my last, too, so that works out.

I think I'm going to be adapting with Rosalina against Ness instead of Sonic. It's really hard for me to approach in the MU with the latter; I have a way easier time doing stuff with Rosalina.

Yea. Well Rosalina is probably Ness's worst matchup in the game. She is a counter for nearly everything Ness does well. Whenever I play your Rosa, I really have to focus on out thinking you, being on point with close range spacing, and being a few steps ahead on what you are going to do. Otherwise, Rosa will destroy Ness.

Top Bottom