• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

RomanceDawn

If you change your mind I can still play

Sorry! It's not as easy to stay on for long periods like I used to. Wife and kid life don't allow it. I added you again though for the future. I'm constantly cycling people in and out. That 100 friend limit is very annoying.

Puruzi

Banned
Sorry! It's not as easy to stay on for long periods like I used to. Wife and kid life don't allow it. I added you again though for the future. I'm constantly cycling people in and out. That 100 friend limit is very annoying.

Alright, that's understandable. Looking forward to playing you in any case.

Boney

Banned
I'm getting beat by the worst link in existence where every move is telegraphed by hell yet I'm missing all my punishes and eating a master sword to the face.

And he quit oh god I'm the worst player ever

FSLink

Banned
Yea. Well Rosalina is probably Ness's worst matchup in the game. She is a counter for nearly everything Ness does well. Whenever I play your Rosa, I really have to focus on out thinking you, being on point with close range spacing, and being a few steps ahead on what you are going to do. Otherwise, Rosa will destroy Ness.

Yeah, Rosalina is definitely his worst matchup. Having to be afraid of downB really sets him up for Rosalina's great aerials, and any mess up in recovering means death for Ness. The downB to absorb PK Thunder isn't even that hard to do. I personally go Mario or Luigi against Rosalina nowadays.

I also think the Ness ditto is pretty annoying (directing PK Thunder into theirs will gimp them), along with Sheik.

We should play one of these days, I need more Ness ditto experience. NNID: FSLink

Yeah, Rosalina is definitely his worst matchup. Having to be afraid of downB really sets him up for Rosalina's great aerials, and any mess up in recovering means death for Ness. The downB to absorb PK Thunder isn't even that hard to do. I personally go Mario or Luigi against Rosalina nowadays.

I also think the Ness ditto is pretty annoying (directing PK Thunder into theirs will gimp them), along with Sheik.

We should play one of these days, I need more Ness ditto experience. NNID: FSLink

we can play now if you are available. Have we never played before?

What's Anther's Ladder?

I'm also looking to play in case anyone is interested.

It's a site with matchmaking and chat with rankings. It's 3-stock with tournament-like rules. Usually people are looking for best-of-3. Shamrock's currently 18th on the leader board.

I'm up for some matches, I just lost a match on Anther's Ladder because I was too nice. The guy was like, "Don't spam PK Fire" so didn't take advantage of his mistakes. I'm salty.

It's a site with matchmaking and chat with rankings. It's 3-stock with tournament-like rules. Usually people are looking for best-of-3. Shamrock's currently 18th on the leader board.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. When you mentioned the "don't spam pkfire", I thought, "man that sounds like that guy the other day". I played a guy in a ranked set yesterday. Took off 2 of his stocks, and he raged quit. He then said I spammed Pkfire and tried to dispute the match. The moderator overturned his dispute and gave me the win. Sure enough, I looked you up, and it's the same guy. So if it's any consolation, I made him rage quit yesterday after I was about to 3 stock him

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. When you mentioned the "don't spam pkfire", I thought, "man that sounds like that guy the other day". I played a guy in a ranked set yesterday. Took off 2 of his stocks, and he raged quit. He then said I spammed Pkfire and tried to dispute the match. The moderator overturned his dispute and gave me the win. Sure enough, I looked you up, and it's the same guy. So if it's any consolation, I made him rage quit yesterday after I was about to 3 stock him

I was even nice enough to offer to cancel the match when he was like, "eww ness"

I was even nice enough to offer to cancel the match when he was like, "eww ness"

That's just the world you will live in when you play on Anther or Nintendodojo. There are a lot of very very good players, so if you play there often enough, you will improve greatly. On the other hand, you will get guys like that and worse that will never hold themselves accountable for losing, and will always blame the opponent or make snide remarks or whatever. Not like here =/. I would still recommend playing there though as playing good players can only make you better

FSLink

Banned
^
My favorite thing to do with "spamming" (lol) PK Fire as Ness is to use it against a recovering Villager since it hits the balloons and activates and hits him on the way down if he tries to use his great recovery to stall on the ledge. It's even better with Explosive Balloon Trip since they are more obvious in their recovery due to the decreased air time.

But yeah that guy sounds super obnoxious.

Hyper Monado Smash + Power Vision lets you kill stuff like Bowser's FSmash at 0% for the record. Some really silly stuff lol.

? You cancel out of Hyper arts just fine. It's the Decisive Monado Arts that can't be cancelled.

I do agree with his default Arts being Shulk's best though because they're overall a lot more versatile.
Just saw this.
Mixed up the names, lol.

I just don't feel it's super OP especially in a meta where other characters have some crazy good custom moves too. Having said that, I would definitely be okay with a slight nerf to Power Vision if they do another balance patch.

Puruzi

Banned
Oh god that Falcón ;_;

yVAQH78.gif

jnWake

Nice matches Journey. Way too many SDs though.

The Marth/Ness match-up was a lot less annoying than what I expected.

jorgejjvr

Yeah great games, I feel like I'm getting way to predictable with some approaches plus I got distracted at the last few fights. Had to take my grandma home.

Well it's summer over here, so lot's of free time

What you got a problem jorgito
Nope nope not at all xD and that's what my parents call me lol

Edit: wowwwww my counter, that pika is annoying xD

Alright, ggs JCX!

Top Bottom