• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Neoxon

Now that I'm doing my full playthrough of Rhythm Heaven Fever solo, I've realized 2 things...

- I want the Chorus Kids & their stage to be finished up & released as DLC even more now
dat music
- The minigame with the 4 pig bosses is a pain in the ass

Found a funny little glitch.

I copied Dark Pit's ability with Kirby. Once you forward/back throw then use your special, he'll be paused in the air until he shoots the arrow.

Edit: Checked with other characters. It only works with Dark Pit.

Found a funny little glitch.

I copied Dark Pit's ability with Kirby. Once you forward/back throw then use your special, he'll be paused in the air until he shoots the arrow.

Edit: Checked with other characters. It only works with Dark Pit.
It's a funny glitch, but there doesn't seem to be any practical use. Could make for a quick "wtf" from friends though. :)

Anyway, AbyssWolf finally made Smash 4 art.

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

URL: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-510801485
Dat Link, so good!

Also, Pikachu's the only character that is not overlapping another character.

would anyone like to play a few 1v1s?
I just realized if we were to play some matches, it would be best player vs worst (In terms of Ranbats record).

I've played Sonic since Brawl, & have been a fan of Sonic since I was a little kid. Him being good was icing on the cake.
Me too! I'm glad Link is good too, those two characters hold special places with me.

I wonder if it's because of my environmentalism. Sonic starts his quests to save animals. Link starts his quest in OoT to save a forest.

RomanceDawn

For everyone asking I go to Nintendodojo.com(NOT Nintendojo.com) It's all about Smash. They have their own little ladder and everything. I used to go there when it was Allisbrawl.com.

You can tell it's mostly younger individuals but the racist stuff I only ever see in the chat for match making. Their character boards are non-existent but the people who play there play hard. Well on ladder anyway.

That was the place where several people wouldn't play me because I used Donkey Kong but that was years ago. Just last week someone asks for 1vs1 and I reply "Shane I can play!" He responds "anyone good?" A lot of elitist kids like that are everywhere there discussing their pointless teenage nonsense. I played him 2 games and he won but only because his lag was so bad he was accustomed to it and I got hit by everything.

If I didn't find really good people there I wouldn't deal with it at all.

Now that I'm doing my full playthrough of Rhythm Heaven Fever solo, I've realized 2 things...

- I want the Chorus Kids & their stage to be finished up & released as DLC even more now
dat music
- The minigame with the 4 pig bosses is a pain in the ass

Yes indeed. The lack of any Rhythm Heaven content in Smash 4 is made all the worse once you've played the games and know how incredible and full of personality and genuine fun they are. :(

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's really irritating how negative people are being about the game. I'm enjoying it just fine!

Yeah I really don't understand the romp about Melee is better then thing and here's why. Sounds pretty pointless IMO.

----------------

I've been practicing Aerial Klaw grabs. Anyone have a clue who has the hardest hitbox to grab with the T-Rex range. I was grabbing a dummy Training Falcon all the time.

Smash Wii U had a pretty disappointing showing at APEX (lack of character variety, a couple campy matches, terrible, often biased commentary), but people were going to bitch regardless. The Melee scene is just annoying and toxic and doesn't seem to understand that iterations of games are going to be vastly different. Brawl was a mistake in many ways, but Smash 3DS/ Wii U was never going to be some return to Melee, just like every Street Fighter game isn't about to be a return to Third Strike.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Smash Wii U had a pretty disappointing showing at APEX (lack of character variety, a couple campy matches, terrible, often biased commentary), but people were going to bitch regardless. The Melee scene is just annoying and toxic and doesn't seem to understand that iterations of games are going to be vastly different. Brawl was a mistake in many ways, but Smash 3DS/ Wii U was never going to be some return to Melee, just like every Street Fighter game isn't about to be a return to Third Strike.

I didn't really get to watch APEX because work but once I learned the top 16 I stopped caring all together. Mainly for the character variety being lacking.

jorgejjvr

For everyone asking I go to Nintendodojo.com(NOT Nintendojo.com) It's all about Smash. They have their own little ladder and everything. I used to go there when it was Allisbrawl.com.

You can tell it's mostly younger individuals but the racist stuff I only ever see in the chat for match making. Their character boards are non-existent but the people who play there play hard. Well on ladder anyway.

That was the place where several people wouldn't play me because I used Donkey Kong but that was years ago. Just last week someone asks for 1vs1 and I reply "Shane I can play!" He responds "anyone good?" A lot of elitist kids like that are everywhere there discussing their pointless teenage nonsense. I played him 2 games and he won but only because his lag was so bad he was accustomed to it and I got hit by everything.

If I didn't find really good people there I wouldn't deal with it at all.
Those bastards. You are great RomanceDawn

Boney

Banned
I missed the top 16 whole, and while there we're tons of diddy's and Shiek you could at least see some good luigis Yoshi and ness, who at least I could root for. It was a fun watch for Saturday and there were lots of skilled people there.

I just think there's a lot of room for the meta game to evolve.

Beats

I enjoyed watching Smash 4 at Apex. Zero really earned that win and it looked like he was on a completely different level in that grand finals match. I'll admit though that the Top 8 wasn't as interesting as the pools matches for me personally. The commentary was better during pools too. Amsa's Greninja was fun to watch and seeing the Luigi army come out in full force was pretty amusing. Though it was surprising for me to see only one Luigi player make top 16.

Top 16 players/characters at Apex for anyone that's curious:

ZeRo (Diddy Kong)

Abadango (Pac-Man)

MVD (Duck Hunt, Little Mac)

NinjaLink (Mega Man)

Mew2King (Diddy Kong)

FALSE (Sheik, Luigi)

NAKAT (Ness, Fox)

Dabuz (Rosalina)

Mr. R (Sheik)

Jtails (Diddy Kong)

Nairo (Pit, Robin)

6XW (Sonic)

Nietono (Sheik)

Ally (Mario)

AeroLink (Diddy Kong, Palutena)

aMSa (Greninja)

I honestly expected more Diddy Kong.

As much as I love Zelda (series), I find it odd that Sheik has now been in 3 Smash games despite only appearing in 1 game (Unless you count the 3D version of OoT as a separate game). Impa has been in far more games. A sort of mix of OoT and SS incarnations would be an excellent substitute.

I enjoyed watching Smash 4 at Apex. Zero really earned that win and it looked like he was on a completely different level in that grand finals match. I'll admit though that the Top 8 wasn't as interesting as the pools matches for me personally. The commentary was better during pools too. Amsa's Greninja was fun to watch and seeing the Luigi army come out in full force was pretty amusing. Though it was surprising for me to see only one Luigi player make top 16.

I'm surprised a Greninja made it that far.

For the record about Smash 4 top 16 is that they skipped top 32 entirely to save time.

IIRC players that I think were in top 32 include Reflex (Wario), Bloodcross (Charizard) and Will (DK). We could have gotten more variety but alas.

Boney

Banned
Sorry man, was gonna do one more fight because I had to leave the house and the phone rang so I just called it quits. Good stuff, you were definately playing better with bowser jr and bowser. Not great, you still need to mix it up with the claw and down b with bowser and start using that forward tilt instead of the smash to surprise people.

I was really tired so I had trouble concentrating but still, had fun. Hope we play again soon!

Flowmoney

Sorry man, was gonna do one more fight because I had to leave the house and the phone rang so I just called it quits. Good stuff, you were definately playing better with bowser jr and bowser. Not great, you still need to mix it up with the claw and down b with bowser and start using that forward tilt instead of the smash to surprise people.

I was really tired so I had trouble concentrating but still, had fun. Hope we play again soon!

GGs Boney , though you weren't fighting me at your 100% ability , though not like you needed it at all.

Samus and the Pit that you started playing later was too much for me.

Anyway , Bowsers aren't my style man and I was just fooling around with them.Gotta focus on the one true character that matters in smash 4.

jorgejjvr

GGs Boney , though you weren't fighting me at your 100% ability , though not like you needed it at all.

Samus and the Pit that you started playing later was too much for me.

Anyway , Bowsers aren't my style man and I was just fooling around with them.Gotta focus on the one true character that matters in smash 4.
Who's your main?

Moonlight

Banned

Did Nairo seriously pull out his Robin in Top 16? :0

Hoping for YouTube recordings fast, haha.

Top Bottom