• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Yo, I'm not trying to be a negative nancy here but this game really discourages going in for the kill.

I just played against a Mega Man on For Glory, and while he wasn't as good as Tipster he could still hold his own against me. That is to say, I couldn't find a surefire way to get in against Pac-Man and he couldn't get a strong enough hit in without me pushing him away. So what happened instead was 5 minutes of us throwing shit at each other, with the occasional leap in for fair and bair from Mega Man, only for that to fail as I stall my recovery with a hydrant, side-B and a wall jump. I try to go for the same but he interrupts with metal blades or tornadoes and we go back on land for another go. We could never close the gap on each other because of our neutral B's, so it went to sudden death 4 times in a row.

Some matchups are just way too long, man. :/

jorgejjvr

Yo, I'm not trying to be a negative nancy here but this game really discourages going in for the kill.

I just played against a Mega Man on For Glory, and while he wasn't as good as Tipster he could still hold his own against me. That is to say, I couldn't find a surefire way to get in against Pac-Man and he couldn't get a strong enough hit in without me pushing him away. So what happened instead was 5 minutes of us throwing shit at each other, with the occasional leap in for fair and bair from Mega Man, only for that to fail as I stall my recovery with a hydrant, side-B and a wall jump. I try to go for the same but he interrupts with metal blades or tornadoes and we go back on land for another go. We could never close the gap on each other because of our neutral B's, so it went to sudden death 4 times in a row.

Some match ups are just bad

Interesting thing I just noticed today that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere.

Since the last patch, Pokemon Stadium 2, Norfair and Luigi's Mansion use their "hazard free" 8 man Smash variant when in All Star. Previously, all three (annoyingly) used their regular forms. What's interesting, to me, about this is that All Star doesn't ordinarily use the 8 person versions of stages though, as Lylat Cruise looked entirely normal when I had it come up and obviously non-8 player stages like Delfino and Mario Circuit 8 come up in All Star.

This means it's not a simple catch all for 8 player, and they actually specifically set the maps to use their hazard free variation in All Star. And also that the maps are being used outside of 8 player and Nintendo has a system in place to toggle them outside of 8 man.

It makes me kind of wonder if a hazard toggle actually is being worked on, and tested using these 8 player Smash variants. The fact that they realize these elements are "cheap" and should be excluded from a serious mode like All Star is encouraging. Certainly doing such a thing would open the map selection for tournaments wide open, with stuff like Norfair, Stadium 2 and Wiley's Castle being at minimum counter picks. Stadium 2 would probably even be a starter.

Vena

Got to use Abadango's Hydrant+Key combo for maximum kill!

Masked Man

I said wow
Anyway, AbyssWolf finally made Smash 4 art.

smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png

URL: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-510801485

Omg it's GLORIOUS. AbyssWolf is a god among men <3

At least threads like this are a sign of improvement. I was also happy to hear the Melee chanters were kicked out.

That's true! I'm glad Prog is so classy and vocal about what's right. I guess all we can do now is hope that people continue his efforts and initiate more positive change.

Damn, I was just walking into everything for the last couple of matches. I practically started giving you stocks, lol. GGs Journey, keep on trucking with that Ness my good man.

So, anyone else wanna go at it?

Damn, I was just walking into everything for the last couple of matches. I practically started giving you stocks, lol. GGs Journey, keep on trucking with that Ness my good man.

So, anyone else wanna go at it?

I've got a buddy coming over in a bit (who might play some smash.. so...) but I can do a few matches before he gets here if you'd like?

I might have to disappear pretty quickly though, so totally up to you.

I've got a buddy coming over in a bit (who might play some smash.. so...) but I can do a few matches before he gets here if you'd like?

I might have to disappear pretty quickly though, so totally up to you.
Room's up, go go go!
Thanks, your Pac-Man is so slippery. I figured out part way through that I had to be aggressive, but that key comes out so quickly!

lol, I don't know much about Pac-Man given I only just started using him. :) I should mention that you had a real tendency to spam PK Fire, which I developed counter-measures for. Like the key. ;)

Top Bottom