• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

jorgejjvr

I hate how I beat people in for glory as Mac and when they can't win they switch to Mac and they still lose. It's like they think playing as Mac takes no effort, so not true

Oh, sorry it wasn't in order! I'm not entirely sure what the player's exact placement was, but a top 16 placing is still great and was a pleasant surprise for me.

Ah, no worries! But yeah, still - having a Mega Man player place anywhere in the top 16 is great to see. :)

In general, it's really nice and impressive just how balanced Smash Wii U/3DS's roster seems to be. Obviously Diddy is OP and Sheik, Sonic, and Rosalina are particularly strong, but it's the roster isn't stupidly, ridiculously lopsided like Melee's and Brawl's (oh Meta Knight) are. A large variety of characters are highly in tournaments, which I really love to see.

SoldnerKei

sorry for the sudden leave boney, stuff showed up!

Great Games thou, really enjoyed every match even with the random slight lag xD
awesome Samus

Masked Man

I said wow
I hate how I beat people in for glory as Mac and when they can't win they switch to Mac and they still lose. It's like they think playing as Mac takes no effort, so not true

Haha, that happens all the time. Whether I win or lose as Mac, 9 times out of 10 the opponent picks Mac thinking it will guarantee victory, and that makes it all the more satisfying to watch them fail miserably. ;)

Boney

Banned
Aww was just gonna change to Pit. Great matches, your link was pretty good, good spacing tools used really well through out, was impossible to charge my shot and get close with smashes.
Rest of your guys also really good, we're pretty even so the matches went great, lots of reading each other.

Still fun stuff! Let's play again soon!

sorry for the sudden leave boney, stuff showed up!

Great Games thou, really enjoyed every match even with the random slight lag xD
awesome Samus
No problem dude!

jorgejjvr

Haha, that happens all the time. Whether I win or lose as Mac, 9 times out of 10 the opponent picks Mac thinking it will guarantee victory, and that makes it all the more satisfying to watch them fail miserably. ;)
Exactly. The dude gave up and left

Edit: lol now another dude picked him lol

Boney

Banned
Wow this insane Yoshi is just kicking my ass! Insane control space between the eggs the aerials and pivot grabs.

God this guy is insane!

SoldnerKei

Aww was just gonna change to Pit. Great matches, your link was pretty good, good spacing tools used really well through out, was impossible to charge my shot and get close with smashes.
Rest of your guys also really good, we're pretty even so the matches went great, lots of reading each other.

Still fun stuff! Let's play again soon!

sure thing! thou I had such a hard time with Lucina to call that even imo xD
just like Link, Samus throws everything she can lol makes approaching really a pain in the butt

also I added you Jorge, let's play someday, iirc I have never played a good Mac, just the usual free win mac in FG xD so it'll be a good experience

jorgejjvr

sure thing! thou I had such a hard time with Lucina to call that even imo xD
just like Link, Samus throws everything she can lol makes approaching really a pain in the butt

also I added you Jorge, let's play someday, iirc I have never played a good Mac, just the usual free win mac in FG xD so it'll be a good experience
Then I'm up to play a few now if you want

Edit: nvm then maybe tomorrow good night!

Then you can give me tips, because I'm literally playing day 1 Pac Man. :D

W-won't you, Shamrock? D:

Timer please that was 8 whole minutes. I even timed out vs. Tipster's Mega Man. What the hell kind of matchup is this :T

Good games Captain! Sorry for the abrupt disappearance! I was crouching for like 30 seconds because my buddy was calling to tell me to let him in haha.

I liked your Pac Man though!

Also, I didn't pick Flat zone!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Little Mac and Diddy are the go to easy win characters. They have that stigma unfortunately.

Puruzi

Banned
I don't play Mac in For Glory anymore because dickheads just stand at the edge the whole match. I still win most of the time, but it takes fucking forever.

random25

GGs Seini. Sorry about the bad lag. Distance problem I assume.

Nice use of up B btw. Too bad the lag caused you some SDs lol.

Easy to tell if they're the real deal or not though, at least with little Mac. the good players don't suicide wiht him XD.

The free wins from side-b suicides...crazy stuff. Mac is fun to use though, wish I was actually good with him lol.

I just got a cheap ethernet adapter so I might try that out this week. Anyone previously on wifi notice much difference?

The free wins from side-b suicides...crazy stuff. Mac is fun to use though, wish I was actually good with him lol.

I just got a cheap ethernet adapter so I might try that out this week. Anyone previously on wifi notice much difference?

The only time you're lagging is when it's the other guy's fault.

feelsgoodman.png

Reule

I hadn't really played much Classic till today and I may have unlocked something after going through with Mega Man and my girlfriend as Charizard. Something came up when we were coming back but she pressed a button so I couldn't see what it was.

Any idea? I looked but no idea. I don't think it was a challenge or milestone. Not sure if ten characters completing Classic does anything. Maybe I unlocked all the custom parts for another character.

Boney

Banned
Anybody up for some matches?
I hadn't really played much Classic till today and I may have unlocked something after going through with Mega Man and my girlfriend as Charizard. Something came up when we were coming back but she pressed a button so I couldn't see what it was.

Any idea? I looked but no idea. I don't think it was a challenge or milestone. Not sure if ten characters completing Classic does anything. Maybe I unlocked all the custom parts for another character.
You could check the milestones in the vault section if it's something like that.
Or maybe it was a song.

I don't even play as Mac, but many For Glory people still pick Mac after a string of losses, only to get destroyed and leave. The most hilarious one was the Mac that thought he could gimp Dedede offstage :p

Reule

You could check the milestones in the vault section if it's something like that.
Or maybe it was a song.
I checked and my last milestone was yesterday for getting X amount of Custom Parts, I believe. It's no biggie but I just like knowing what I unlocked. Pretty sure I just unlocked all the custom moves for someone else. I have to be nearing the max amount for almost everyone.

Boney

Banned
Ehh, i can lose Against some really scrubby players using Mac because I'm not careful enough of their smash attacks

emb

I hope that Link jab becomes a thing. Seems situational enough and on a mediocre enough character that it could shake things up.

But it'll get patched whenever Mewtwo releases anyway. Q_Q

I hope that Link jab becomes a thing. Seems situational enough and on a mediocre enough character that it could shake things up.

But it'll get patched whenever Mewtwo releases anyway. Q_Q

How is it situational? You just need to be on flat ground, in front of your opponent.

emb

How is it situational? You just need to be on flat ground, in front of your opponent.
And they need to be past a certain percent. I think for Sheik or someone he said it needed to be 100ish. For Diddy 50ish. Etc. There might be characters it doesn't work on, I have no idea.
Can't you di?
Not sure. I recognize the name of the guy presenting it (Dan Salvato = Internet Explorer, the Link player and Brawl/Melee hacker, unless I'm mistaken). I trust he wouldn't have presented it as an infinite if you could simply DI out. I could be totally off base there.

Top Bottom