• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Don't switch

Now you sound like me.

--------------------

So that Link Jab Lock tech works on these characters at these percents assuming you are frame perfect:

-Bowser: Works from 0%
-Diddy: Works from 40%
-Sheik: Works from 64%
-Ganon: Works from 5%
-ZSS: Works from 47%
-Palutena: Works from 11%
-MK: Works from 28%
-Fox: Works from 62%
-Falco: Works from 62%
-Charizard: Works from 2%
-Greninja: Works from 67%
-C Falcon: Works from 58%
-Mega Man: Works from 27%
-Brawler: Works from 11%

That said the Jab lock works on most of the cast. Unfortunately Link can now basically kill all the characters I use at basically any percent.

Courtesy of Smashboards.

Jims

Gah, I need to stop requesting a game right after everyone else joined one. If anyone still wants to play, hit me up.

Now you sound like me.

--------------------

So that Link Jab Lock tech works on these characters at these percents assuming you are frame perfect:

That said the Jab lock works on most of the cast. Unfortunately Link can now basically kill all the characters I use at basically any percent.

Courtesy of Smashboards.
Holy shit, are you kidding me? I'm assuming unaffected characters include Jigglypuff and Kirby?

Damn, and considering you only need to land one jab...wait, does stale-move negation factor into this?

Also lmao bowser

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Holy shit, are you kidding me? I'm assuming unaffected characters include Jigglypuff and Kirby?

Damn, and considering you only need to land one jab...wait, does stale-move negation factor into this?

Not everyone been tested but another guy said it works on pretty much everyone. Stale moves means less knockback and characters will suffer landing lag especially the heavies.

Only a few characters at high percents can jump out of it. So basically inescapable for the most part. This is much much worse then Bowser's Jab trap.

Should be banned.
I don't think it makes sense to ban any combo. It is up to Nintendo to fix this.

Also, Link sees no competitive play currently. Infinites don't always change that. When Captain America's infinite was discovered in MvC3, it resulted in 0 more Cap players. Ditto for Skrull and Jill.

I don't think it makes sense to ban any combo. It is up to Nintendo to fix this.

Also, Link sees no competitive play currently. Infinites don't always change that. When Captain America's infinite was discovered in MvC3, it resulted in 0 more Cap players. Ditto for Skrull and Jill.

I don't consider it a combo from a competitive standpoint. It's an extremely easy to pull off exploit.

Good games Jorge! Your Little Mac is really good, especially towards the end you were making adjustments that made it increasingly difficult to get to you and keep you in the air. Playing against your Mac requires a lot of concentration, and when you managed to pull me into your pace the outcome was devastating for me. Good stuff!

Your ROB is excellent as well. An incredibly fast barrage of attacks, he was tough to get in on as well.

All in all, some really great games! Thanks for playing!

Edit: I'd be up for a few, Shamrock.

Good games Jorge! Your Little Mac is really good, especially towards the end you were making adjustments that made it increasingly difficult to get to you and keep you in the air. Playing against your Mac requires a lot of concentration, and when you managed to pull me into your pace the outcome was devastating for me. Good stuff!

Your ROB is excellent as well. An incredibly fast barrage of attacks, he was tough to get in on as well.

All in all, some really great games! Thanks for playing!

Edit: I'd be up for a few, Shamrock.

cool. Hosting

jorgejjvr

Well Tipster, I definitely got my work cut out for me against your mega man. He's amazing and you have a great control and space of the stage. The projectiles hit and bam grabbed, forward air. And having projectiles constantly thrown at you can be a bit frustrating at time, and mega man's grab greatly compliments it, it feels like it grabs when it feels it shouldn't. Plus that back air to kill and my lack of moves in the air and horrible recovery does not help. That said, you are amazing, and the best mega man I know, thanks for all the games. He is the perfect anti Mac, so I have to step my game up! I had fun, to me it's about taking it all in and improving, you got my hands sweating xD. Hopefully I didn't bore you too much, would love to definitely go again someday, I need some practice against mega man

Edit: and thanks for the compliments! I definitely felt like rob probably had a better chance, harder to get in and also projectile base, but it came to a point that I was not enjoying that play style too much and missed Mac. Thanks tho, we had some great games. We need to do it again sometime.

TWILT

Banned
If we allowed stuff like Wobbling in Melee, that Link "infinite" (which honestly is far less practical since the opponent needs to be at a certain percentage/position and looking into it, it's escapable for some characters, where as it's GG as soon as Ice Climbers grab you) is fine.

jorgejjvr

Oh and sham I'm sorry, I was trying to play tipster and posted to play against him. I completely missed your message as left neogaf for a bit to watch anime. And when I came back Tipster was ready to play, I've been meaning to fight him. Sorry about that. You're also someone I need to get better against!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I can confirm(actually only tested 10 other characters) that Link is the only character that can do this. Everyone else pushes the character away by a set amount. Link's jab seems to keep them in place. It's bonkers.

Can easily be patched by having the opponent be pushed farther but just enough so Link's full jab will hit.

Also Bowser mains. Bair will not clank out Max Aura Sphere once Lucario reaches 177% damage. But Fsmash will still clank it out(of course you can't take advantage of any momentum but that option is there but jumping is better).

Jims

Good games, Odinson! We had a lot of really close ones! I don't play many Wii Fit Trainers, so it was really neat to play against a good one. I like the offstage tricks you do with the character. I really liked your Bowser Jr. too. Those projectiles just killed me.

These matches were further proof that I need to learn other characters besides Yoshi, though.

ffdgh

Now you sound like me.

--------------------

Courtesy of Smashboards.

Haha wow. Link is finally top tier...for about 2 months lol

Go figure peach being the 2nd floatiest character would be a benifit for once.

Odinson

Good games, Odinson! We had a lot of really close ones! I don't play many Wii Fit Trainers, so it was really neat to play against a good one. I like the offstage tricks you do with the character. I really liked your Bowser Jr. too. Those projectiles just killed me.

These matches were further proof that I need to learn other characters besides Yoshi, though.
GGS!! Your Yoshi is really solid. Your shulk was pretty good as well. Thanks! I'm currently trying to learn Wii fit.

Top Bottom