• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Your Yoshi is pretty good at applying pressure I like it a lot.

That cheesy walk off throw haha.
Hey a man gotta do what he gotta do!

And damn that last death was just so ugh, hurt me too.

And sorry about the lag spikes, no idea what's up.

Boney

Banned
So much pressure I killed myself haha. Damn that stage.
You almost killed yourself a few times actually lol.

You had that fight in the bag :/

Wow that lag was terrible. Wanna try again and if it's still there we call it quits?

What kind of satanic lag fixes itself when I kill myself lol

Good games so far Jims, I've got one more in me!

Edit: Great stuff Jims! Your Yoshi is fast, and I like how you adjusted to using the eggs more as the games went on! Thanks for playing!

Jims

I will never be able to beat a good Mega Man. Never. Zoning characters just destroy me, and Mega Man has always been the leader of that pack. I would say that part of it is that Mega Man is just a bad Yoshi matchup but I clearly don't know how to deal with them. I felt like I was getting flowcharted the whole time. I just get too impatient and aggressive for my own good! I need to learn to be more patient.

Ah well, gotta be kicked around to learn how to improve. Thanks for the games, Tipster!

Boney

Banned
Great fights had a ton of fun. Your Yoshi is pretty good, you know how to zone well and there's some nifty properties I don't get used t (what's up with the landing lag of fair!!) but still you do get a little predictable with the down b's and a few other approaches. You should be grabbing a bit more both with the regular one and the command grab while approaching from the air.

Still you gave my samus lots of trouble and she's my main.

Up for some 1v1s in about 5 minutes if someone would like to play.
It's late but I can play a little more
I don't think we have each other NNID boney64

jnWake

Great fights had a ton of fun. Your Yoshi is pretty good, you know how to zone well and there's some nifty properties I don't get used t (what's up with the landing lag of fair!!) but still you do get a little predictable with the down b's and a few other approaches. You should be grabbing a bit more both with the regular one and the command grab while approaching from the air.

Still you gave my samus lots of trouble and she's my main.

Nice matches. I was screwing up a lot too haha. Many SDs and missed attacks. I felt my timing was a bit off with grabs and shields. I got hit a lot out of shield and many grabs that I tried to spot dodge. Yoshi's Fair has lag but it depends on how I land. If I land right after starting the attack it has lag, if I land when the attack is almost done it has almost no lag. Oh and I tried grabbing but Yoshi's grab is pretty bad. It comes out slow, doesn't have much range and if I whiff it has a lot of lag. Normal B is similar, I don't use it much, only as a surprise every once in a while. It doesn't work on shields though so it isn't that useful.

In any case, your playstyle really screwed me up. Very defensive and patient, running to the edge and throwing projectiles. Quite annoying haha.

Boney

Banned
Last game? This lag is killing both of us lol.

Terrible way to end that last game ;_;

Still fun stuff! Seeing you walk with that shield is stuff of nightmares!

Fuck, lol. I have no idea how to get through MegaMan with Samus.
Use the charge shot often it'll pass through all of it's projectiles after mid charge. And use dair to approach.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Boney. Yeah, it's prolly best we quit. You have a good Samus though! Hard for me to get in.

Also, that Link Fsmash killed super early at the end lol.

EDIT: I'm joining in the FFA if it's not too laggy ;o

Boney

Banned
GGs Boney. Yeah, it's prolly best we quit. You have a good Samus though! Hard for me to get in.

Also, that Link Fsmash killed super early at the end lol.
Thanks! Kinda lost the mojo after I sd'd in that first stock.

Seeing I wasn't able to use my charge shot I need to know how to set up other kill strategies, so that's good for learning.
Besides, I could never gimp you, so that's a terrible problem, and that's keeping me down terribly so.

Nice matches. I was screwing up a lot too haha. Many SDs and missed attacks. I felt my timing was a bit off with grabs and shields. I got hit a lot out of shield and many grabs that I tried to spot dodge. Yoshi's Fair has lag but it depends on how I land. If I land right after starting the attack it has lag, if I land when the attack is almost done it has almost no lag. Oh and I tried grabbing but Yoshi's grab is pretty bad. It comes out slow, doesn't have much range and if I whiff it has a lot of lag. Normal B is similar, I don't use it much, only as a surprise every once in a while. It doesn't work on shields though so it isn't that useful.

In any case, your playstyle really screwed me up. Very defensive and patient, running to the edge and throwing projectiles. Quite annoying haha.
Oh neutral b doesn't work on shield? Weird.
But you just gotta read shielding man not abuse it! I Would't really know Yoshi but I felt really safe on shield and that was a problem.

And hey! I played ganondorf and Ike!

jnWake

Oh neutral b doesn't work on shield? Weird.
But you just gotta read shielding man not abuse it! I Would't really know Yoshi but I felt really safe on shield and that was a problem.

But hey! I played ganondorf and Ike!

I wasn't really on point with shield punish timing today. Samus super long roll also throws me off. Can't get used to it!

Hahaha that's true. I'm not used to either of those. I was surprised by the low amount of lag in most of Ganondorf's smashes. I thought "I can punish now!" but instead ate a boot to the face many times!

Top Bottom