• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Did apex do 2 because of the time constraints or was it always 2?

Almost every streamed tournament I watch does 2. It could be because For Glory established it as the standard, or more likely it's just popular because of the slower pace of the game. Personally, I prefer it myself.

Puruzi

Banned
GGs Boney, that Samus is still super good, you have a nice Pit and Link, and you surprised me with that Ike, was really good.

Boney

Banned
Last game
What a pitiful last game :( blocked that farore's wind that I saw a mile away, got hit my by a spike (which was beautiful) and then fail the recovery so early.

Oh well, you're playing great, you're reading me incredibly and you're great at using the shield, I'm so used to punishing over eager opponents but your calm really throws me off.

Bummer because I was playing terribly for all the early matches but obviously part of that was because of you. Fun Stuff, pissed off that my pivot grabs are not working and still have so many issues in the ledge game. Those two things are gonna help me tons.

Your mastery over so many characters is just astonishing though.

GGs Boney, that Samus is still super good, you have a nice Pit and Link, and you surprised me with that Ike, was really good.
Link is still to readable and I have no idea why my pit played so terribly today I'm usually pretty good with him.

The way you were reading all my charge shots and missiles was just incredible, you turned all my pressure around and really made me sweat a lot, I really need more practice. But thanks!

I'm down to play online but be warned: this is my first day with the game so I am VERY bad. Would appreciate tips on how to get better though.
I'm gonna take a 20 minute break but if you're still around I'd love to play.

Puruzi

Banned
What a pitiful last game :( blocked that farore's wind that I saw a mile away, got hit my by a spike (which was beautiful) and then fail the recovery so early.

Oh well, you're playing great, you're reading me incredibly and you're great at using the shield, I'm so used to punishing over eager opponents but your calm really throws me off.

Bummer because I was playing terribly for all the early matches but obviously part of that was because of you. Fun Stuff, pissed off that my pivot grabs are not working and still have so many issues in the ledge game. Those two things are gonna help me tons.

Your mastery over so many characters is just astonishing though.

Link is still to readable and I have no idea why my pit played so terribly today I'm usually pretty good with him.

The way you were reading all my charge shots and missiles was just incredible, you turned all my pressure around and really made me sweat a lot, I really need more practice. But thanks!

Zelda probably has the best spike in the game, it's so easy to sweetspot and even if you don't it still does a weak spike, it's great.

I don't know how to pivot grab at all, so it's pretty neat that you were able to do it as much as you did imo.

I though your Pit was good, you can combo really well with him, compared to when I used Pit and got utterly ruined.

Thanks for all the high praise, but it's pretty awesome that you got as good as you did with Samus, a character that most people think is low tier. You're playing Samus like she's an A tier character

GGs Nabster, you're really freaking good my man. I definitely would not want to face you at Apex pools. ><;;;

I'm beginning to suspect Meta Knight is a valid answer to Rosalina now. :O

Nabster92

GGs Nabster, you're really freaking good my man. I definitely would not want to face you at Apex pools. ><;;;

I'm beginning to suspect Meta Knight is a valid answer to Rosalina now. :O

GGs captain. I feel like I could have done a lot better punishing your recovery as meta knight, but I just wasn't used to it as much.

Also playing as Marth just depresses me most of the time now. ;_;

Nabster92

Who do you play as Nabster? Just Marth?

No he was my main in melee and brawl. I don't like any of his changes in this one down to the random switching of the direction he swings his D-air, so he's been relegated to my third here. I main Rosalina and Falcon as a secondary.

No he was my main in melee and brawl. I don't like any of his changes in this one down to the random switching of the direction he swings his D-air, so he's been relegated to my third here. I main Rosalina and Falcon as a secondary.

You mained Marth in Melee?

You are my enemy now.
JK, no hard feelings you Doc-killer. :(

Oh, and I was surprised at how far you went to punish my recovery, and that one time you got me with Luma despite me being above it made me salty lol. >>;;;

jorgejjvr

Cool. Down to play? Not many rosalinas or Marths

jorgejjvr

Wow that's some mysterious range. Not used to it. This is why like fighting new people. And thinking of both characters is difficult

Edit: normal stages please

Nabster92

Wow that's some mysterious range. Not used to it. This is why like fighting new people. And thinking of both characters is difficult

Edit: normal stages please

Was I picking those stages? I was just going random...did someone mess with my random stage list...?

jorgejjvr

Ggs man, you are beast and that rosa and Luma is hard to figure out. I've never played one this good. I need more practice against her, she's unpredictable. Again, great games, you had me sweating haha

Top Bottom