• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Jims

Good games, Nabster! I gotta admit, Yoshi/Rosalina is a really fun matchup. I really love playing against people who like to go offstage, so the matchup made for some goofy shenanigans. I haven't played many Rosalina players, so the hitboxes on some of her moves were confusing me a little (especially her uair, yeesh).

Had to call it quits at the end, though, because my play was clearly deteriorating even further at the very end. At least I got a couple off of you, to make me sleep better tonight. Thanks for the games! They were fun!

Nabster92

Good games, Nabster! I gotta admit, Yoshi/Rosalina is a really fun matchup. I really love playing against people who like to go offstage, so the matchup made for some goofy shenanigans. I haven't played many Rosalina players, so the hitboxes on some of her moves were confusing me a little (especially her uair, yeesh).

Had to call it quits at the end, though, because my play was clearly deteriorating even further at the very end. At least I got a couple off of you, to make me sleep better tonight. Thanks for the games!

Good games! Yea I need more experience with the Yoshi matchup too. Kinda sad I lost it to Sky at Apex. Maybe I would've done better as Falcon...though he plays Falcon as well. Meh Falcon dittos probably would've been fun anyways too.

I think the confusing thing about Rosalina's hitboxes are Luma hitting along with it. The time your d-air went through my u-air was because I spaced it too far away and only hit with the Luma part of it which it went through. Rosalina's actual u-air is the part of it that has actual priority over it though.

Jims

Good games! Yea I need more experience with the Yoshi matchup too. Kinda sad I lost it to Sky at Apex. Maybe I would've done better as Falcon...though he plays Falcon as well. Meh Falcon dittos probably would've been fun anyways too.

I think the confusing thing about Rosalina's hitboxes are Luma hitting along with it. The time your d-air went through my u-air was because I spaced it too far away and only it with the Luma part of it which it went through. Rosalina's actual u-air is the part of it that has actual priority over it though.

Oof, that's rough regarding the Sky matchup. Rosalina is kind of floaty and aerial, which could theoretically be bad against a Yoshi player, whereas Captain Falcon is usually better at footsies than him. But if Sky has a Falcon himself, maybe it's better to try to zone him with Rosalina. Tough choice.

I was wondering why Yoshi's stomped through that one time, but was rebuffed a couple others. I'll have to keep that in mind. Usually the ground pound is a little risky but I've been trying to mix it in a little to mess up some of the hoo hah Diddy Kongs. I gotta figure out a way to land better in general.

DooD1234

Because it still smash just thought I share this with you guys. I was bored and put 8 of my amiibos in glorious 8 player smash with items on for my amusement. Here's the result.
947ITbY.jpg

Jims

Because it still smash just thought I share this with you guys. I was bored and put 8 of my amiibos in glorious 8 player smash with items on for my amusement. Here's the result.

The left side clearly ganged up on the right side. Those poor, B-list Nintendo stars.

RomanceDawn

Good games man! I gotta run, but it's always nice to play someone who uses heavies.

Yeah good games man. And every once in a while I don't mind zany stages. I like them actually in a competitive fight.

You certainly mopped the floor with me the first half of our battles but then I'm glad I came back around to win most of the second half. I was purposely throwing those games just waiting for you to slip up. ;)

Yeah good games man. And every once in a while I don't mind zany stages. I like them actually in a competitive fight.

You certainly mopped the floor with me the first half of our battles but then I'm glad I came back around to win most of the second half. I was purposely throwing those games just waiting for you to slip up. ;)
Haha, of course, of course.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
A spike that often necessitates that you die with your opponent is definitely the worst spike in the game.
It is possible to spike them without dying and land a sh dair at low percents and it combos into upsmash.

That said I like air grabbing.

Palutena does have a worse spike though since the hitbox is super small.

Ganon has best spike.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Tipster as usual. Was fun messing around with my other characters I use for fun. You're great with all yours. :p

Zelda brehs. Zelda.
All of you fuckers talking about dairs, and nobody says shit about Falco's 360 nolaser diagonal stomp that, when sweetspotted, causes attractive lady-smashers (or guy smashers in Puruzi's case I guess, I don't know) to swarm you and beg you to give them the Falco Phantasm special.

Falco fucking Lombardi, bitches. When one of his taunts is telling you to "get some," you know you got a fine-ass package going on.

#HANDSOFFMYPREYBOYS

Any of you try to disagree I will fucking fight you m8 better fucking believe we will settle it in smash or you know what I'll even go out and buy PS All-Stars if you're that guy. I will spend entire matches doing nothing but dair, acting like we Melee now. Fuck Marth.

EDIT: Let me add that the only other dair that even begins to compare to Falco's godlike down aerial is Mega Man's because he shoots his fucking fist at you. Like holy shit nothing says "yeah get DUNKED you piece of shit" like a fist flying at your dumbass jumping from the ledge like you're hot shit. Fuck, everyone else's dair is either their feet, some downward weapon swing or Bowser being a suicidal fuckhead but Mega Man just says fuck it and punches you so hard Satan brings you back from heaven, that's how far your ass got launched downward got dayum.

It is possible to spike them without dying and land a sh dair at low percents and it combos into upsmash.

That said I like air grabbing.

Palutena does have a worse spike though since the hitbox is super small.

Ganon has best spike.
You can only spike without dying if the opponent tries to recover above the stage, or of you time it perfectly during the 1 frame of snap vulnerability. Pretty limited, I would say.

Dair NEVER combos if your opponent is skilled. The ground bounce can always be teched. Then, if you SHed it, it can actually get punished (lol Sakurai).

Worst spike.

Palutena has fantastic recovery, so she can go deep with her spike chase.

Top Bottom