• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I agree with Palutena being C-tier, though I think she isn't as explored as much. Anyone want to play some games? nnid: direct_quote

edit: Lucina is probably better than C-tier, but will always be below Marth because she doesn't have tippers. Literally a worse Marth.

Boney

Banned
I don't understand in what universe dark pit is better than regular pit. Pit's arrows are way better the arm is a more reliable kill and his f tilt is better and can kill.

Like I guess he has worse taunts

I agree with Palutena being C-tier, though I think she isn't as explored as much. Anyone want to play some games? nnid: direct_quote

edit: Lucina is probably better than C-tier, but will always be below Marth because she doesn't have tippers. Literally a worse Marth.
Im up for some games

Made the room come join

Trey

I remember when people thought Lucina would be better because she was quicker.

lol

jnWake

Great games Wake! Your Yoshi is really good! It's tough to break that egg throwing defense, and that's actually the first time I've been egg-killed-- let alone twice in the same match...

Anyway, thanks for playing! Great stuff!

Hahaha those egg kills were hilarious. I saved that match even if I ended up losing. I think I got distracted after those two kills because I sucked in the rest of that one haha.

Your Mega Man has to be the most annoying thing I've ever played haha. Most of your attacks out-ranged mine so there was almost never any safe approach, so I had to resort to eggs. But it only took one Metal thing to combo into grab and that does a lot of damage ;_;

Nice games though, I feel this match-up has to be one of the worst for Yoshi haha.

Alright I'm back!

Edit: actually my buddy wants to play for a bit but I'll be back in an hour. May I please have a critique of my mario and ike? Thanks! Your Rosalina was wrecking me haha.

Oh, no problem then! Well, for starters you're going to want to focus on learning the fundamentals of Smash. Study movement, approaching your opponent, the uses for your attacks, and your ability to plan against your opponent. Specifically, learn to play the mental game as well as the real game. I know it sounds vague and all, but it's kinda hard to describe. You're going to have to learn how to control your character and control the playing field, or at least the space around you, to get the advantage. So yeah, just hammer it out and think about how to do things more efficiently.

Anybody else want to play? :)

Oh, no problem then! Well, for starters you're going to want to focus on learning the fundamentals of Smash. Study movement, approaching your opponent, the uses for your attacks, and your ability to plan against your opponent. Specifically, learn to play the mental game as well as the real game. I know it sounds vague and all, but it's kinda hard to describe. You're going to have to learn how to control your character and control the playing field, or at least the space around you, to get the advantage. So yeah, just hammer it out and think about how to do things more efficiently.

Anybody else want to play? :)

Me! My NNID is the same as my GAF name!

Jims

Would anyone be interesting in trying playing doubles tonight? I was watching a lot of doubles during Apex and marveled at how great Smash 4 is as a doubles game. That Ness/Villager team was so fun to watch.

My only concern would be potential lag and it would take a little more organization in advance. Would anyone be interested for later tonight?

jorgejjvr

Alright gaf. We all have our primaries and secondary, and some of us switch out a lot. But if you had to pick one, just ONE character to represent you, and you could proudly say he's your best (even if you are good with multiple characters) . Which character would you put above the rest, and if you want elaborate why. Could be favoritism, could be love for the series, or maybe you haven't played the character's games but you are just good with him.

Me: Mac. Me and him just 'click' and I can't/don't get bored and bored. I've tried everyone in the roster more than once and I keep coming back to him. I just love the guy

I've already elaborated enough lol. And I'm at work I'll probably elaborate more later

Go!

Ps: you can tell I'm bored at work lol

Edit: I'm down for doubles later tonight!

Ness, but I was actually a Lucas main in Brawl. I played casually, so I didn't really get into the mechanics of the game. If Lucas were a choice, I'd probably main him. Ness's dair is sad in comparison.

Alright gaf. We all have our primaries and secondary, and some of us switch out a lot. But if you had to pick one, just ONE character to represent you, and you could proudly say he's your best (even if you are good with multiple characters) . Which character would you put above the rest, and if you want elaborate why. Could be favoritism, could be love for the series, or maybe you haven't played the character's games but you are just good with him.

Me: Mac

I've already elaborated enough lol. And I'm at work I'll probably elaborate more later

Go!

Falco

I love Star Fox, and I personally feel that Falco is the best Star Fox rep in the series. :) Plus, his dair is godlike.

Oh, depending on how my schedule goes, sign me up for doubles too!

Jims

Yoshi. I'm not a tourney-level player or anything but, when it comes down to it, I just really like playing as him. There are lots of things that really bug me about the character, but I just feel good using him. It's the visceral feeling of dunking someone with his fair. Or repeat nair'ing someone to a KO. Or getting that perfect egg placement repeatedly. Or grinding out damage using dair.

The Yoshi problem is so bad lately that every other character I play now just isn't as fun anymore. I've kind of settled on playing a lot of Pikachu as a secondary, but I just don't enjoy using him as much. I've never really been a big Yoshi guy outside of Smash, though. I adore adore adore Yoshi's Island on SNES but don't care about anything after that.

It's kind of weird what makes some characters feel "fun" for you and what doesn't. Like, for example, I've tried using Mega Man or Sheik multiple times and I just don't like them. I guess it's a personality thing in a way. It's hard to pinpoint why.

I have played as Ness since Smash64, with varying secondaries, but always Ness, despite how good or bad he was perceived to be. Why? Earthbound is the greatest game, most artistic game, ever created. Period.

Me: Mac. Me and him just 'click' and I can't/don't get bored and bored. I've tried everyone in the roster more than once and I keep coming back to him. I just love the guy

Go!

Edit: I'm down for doubles later tonight!
Palutena: I like her character design (fan of classical Greek and Roman designs), and you don't see too many Palutena's so makes me want to use her for her uniqueness as well.
and pole dance taunt

edit: I should probably pick a rush down character because I'm pretty impatient...

It should be easy for Mega Man to deal with Peach's float, but I kept using forward smash expecting a move that isn't terrible to come out. Not excellent.

It's hard not to feel like you're playing repetitively as Mega Man, but he has no zero typical physical attacks, so what are you gonna do but throw Metal Blades like you're playing Mega Man 2.

Trey

Peach. I'm in love with her style. She throws her ass around like a weapon and fucking takes off her crown and rocks her opponent with it. That's the most baller attack possible.

It juxtaposes nicely with her dainty princess visage.

Yo AnkiRendan, that was some major ass lag going on there. Something on your end? Because I'm wired.

EDIT: Um alright then, GGs I guess. Your Toon Link was pretty good, mate.

Good games! Yeah, I'm afraid it must be on my end since I'm not wired. I'm sorry about that. That and I guess my mind hit its limit. Those matches gave me quite a lot to think about.

It's Mega Man for me. Growing up there were three huge pillars of gaming as far as I was concerned: Nintendo Games, Final Fantasy, and Mega Man.

When Brawl was announced with Snake, introducing the idea that 3rd party characters could make it in, I thought Mega Man was a sure thing. And then he wasn't. The tears were bitter.

But then, Smash 4. A new chance. On the surface, I had hoped. But deep down, I wasn't sure it would happen. The trailer finished, went to black. If it's happening, it's here, I thought. And then it did.

The implementation of Mega Man is perfect in Smash 4. It's exactly what I wanted, faithful down to the animations. I couldn't have dreamed up a better rep. (Could've used a Protoman skin though, 'cmon.)

When the 3DS demo came out, I had a chance to finally sit down for an extended period of time with the character. I had already decided to main him no matter what, but I just couldn't get him to work that well against the level 9 CPUs. I kept playing, to adjust to the 3DS controls, but I started to have my doubts about his competitive viability. I couldn't approach, I could consistently kill. It was tough.

Then the 3DS game came out, and I don't know what was different, but Mega Man felt good. I just kept playing with him to get where I'm at now.

No regrets.

P.S. His down-air is the best down-air.

Good games! Yeah, I'm afraid it must be on my end since I'm not wired. I'm sorry about that. That and I guess my mind hit its limit. Those matches gave me quite a lot to think about.

The fact that you forced me to quit playing around and use my main should say a lot already, my friend. :) Good games!

Tipster's heartwarming backstory that nobody cares about.

P.S. His down-air is the best down-air.

Bruh.

That ain't Falco.

ffdgh

Peach. Yeah...definetly favortism dating back to the snes days. Doesn't help I pretty much suck with everyone else lol.

Ggs Boney, sorry I didn't know you were afk for that last kill. You have a larger set of mains than I do and it was fun playing them all.. Are you ditching Samus?

edit: If anyone else is down for more 1v1s, nnid: direct_quote

Boney

Banned
Ggs Boney, sorry I didn't know you were afk for that last kill. You have a larger set of mains than I do and it was fun playing them all.. Are you ditching Samus?

edit: If anyone else is down for more 1v1s, nnid: direct_quote
No problem it was the last game after all and you were in the lead as well.

And no way I'm ditching samus but I played her a lot earlier today so I was messing around with the other guys for a while, need to get a little better with the others, it's fun to shake up as you said.

Again cool palu, you were pretty on point and it was hard for me to punish later on. That down grab into up smash got damn. Good use of spot dodging through out, hard to punish.

Top Bottom