• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Become an advocate for custom moves, and your fortunes will rise DQ. :)

Seriously though, I think you've only gotten good things from maining Palutena, as it's taught you to really make the most of all your tools. You've really leveled up, and it would be a shame to see you drop it for a high tier like Diddy.
I don't think i'd be that much better just my losses would be less painful... Some day customs.

I don't think i'd be that much better just my losses would be less painful... Some day customs.
Trust me man, customs are like buffs for low and mid-tiers. :)
My amiibo were farming customs. :D

Also totally have to change controls for Robin it seems.

I should do that with my amiibo. :O

Also, be wary with what you're committing to and when you're choosing to approach. A lot of what you're doing is unsafe and punished from a mile away. I'm autopiloting my dodges, no offense.

Think carefully about your pokes. If you use unsafe pokes, that's my cue to go in and attack. I'll pressure you with lasers from far away, so be wary of that.

Vena

I should do that with my amiibo. :O

Also, be wary with what you're committing to and when you're choosing to approach. A lot of what you're doing is unsafe and punished from a mile away. I'm autopiloting my dodges, no offense.

I get one or two per amiibo per 30 minute. So 8-man smash them.

Ya, I realize my over commitment but part of that is having no idea what to do with Robin nowadays lol. Marth should prove better... once I change the control scheme back to normal too.

I get one or two per amiibo per 30 minute. So 8-man smash them.

Ya, I realize my over commitment but part of that is having no idea what to do with Robin nowadays lol. Marth should prove better... once I change the control scheme back to normal too.

Now then, don't you have anything to punish me when I regrab the ledge? Make me work to get back on the stage, and don't let me get back for free like so many players tend to do.

Good stuff Nabster! I like your new approach! Took me a couple of matches to adjust to the hit box on that thing.

As per usual, crazy intense matches but I really enjoyed them. Lots of back and forth. The two stocks also increases the pressure!

Anyway, we'll have to play more often! Thanks again!

Edit: I'll be back in a bit, but I've got to get dinner now before everything closes!

Boney

Banned
World's worst spike right there at the beginning.

Pretty sure it has the same end lag of Dorf's Bair. And we know how good that is. Decent.
It is pretty decent. I'd be throwing that off like crazy. Samus charge shot? No problem I'll block it with a zillion active frames.

Much better. :p Hold on let me try getting my own pump up going!

Alright man, go for it.

Fuck this Mass Destruction mix is so good. And I was so close to winning with one stock down too, lol.

Vena dude, if you see me in tournament I'm telling you I'm playing all my matches with the biggest smile on my face and lots of laughs. Basically I have fun playing with you. <3

Also wtf is up with that ledge

Vena

Alright man, go for it.

Fuck this Mass Destruction mix is so good. And I was so close to winning with one stock down too, lol.

I read that damn side-b at the end there but was again to damn fast for my own good and got a dash rather than a cancelled up smash. And that killed my will at the very end lol.

Vena dude, if you see me in tournament I'm telling you I'm playing all my matches with the biggest smile on my face and lots of laughs. Basically I have fun playing with you. <3

Why lol?

I read that damn side-b at the end there but was again to damn fast for my own good and got a dash rather than a cancelled up smash. And that killed my will at the very end lol.

Why lol?

I saw that read, and got sad when you didn't punish. :(

Holy fuck, I just made mistake after mistake, you may as well have put the controller down and let me give you the win.

Vena

I saw that read, and got sad when you didn't punish. :(

Holy fuck, I just made mistake after mistake, you may as well have put the controller down and let me give you the win.

I have to wonder if it isn't the internet delay that's causing a lot of my issues with punishes, lol, and I just suck at adjusting. But we know you're just letting me win from time to time to boost morale. :p

Hum... seems you can psuedo perfect pivot Marth's dance without the needlessly complicated input. >.>

Welp. Getting way tired I think it'll be my last

Right, selected it by accident and got me thinking.
Ok ggs, it's always weird our first game is laggy then the rest are fine. If anyone else is up for some 1v1s i'm game nnid: direct_quote. The question is how much sleep do I want to get tonight..

I have to wonder if it isn't the internet delay that's causing a lot of my issues with punishes, lol, and I just suck at adjusting. But we know you're just letting me win from time to time to boost morale. :p

Bruh, I'm telling you there are times where I'm listening to the music more than I'm seeing the game if that makes sense lol.

I'm not high so don't think that >>;;;

Okay that time I just really wanted to pop that balloon

Boney

Banned
Fun stuff. That palu is great, you just need a little bit of more follow ups to rack up some extra damage but I guess it's hard for palu.

I really need to learn how to win the position on the edge... That's a big problem for me, and that's gonna fix my ledge game.

Ok ggs, it's always weird our first game is laggy then the rest are fine. If anyone else is up for some 1v1s i'm game nnid: direct_quote. The question is how much sleep do I want to get tonight..
Go at it!

Do you use a gamecube pad? I think part of my problem is using the pro controller with wireless lag, but I don't know if it's been tested how much lag there actually is (and if it is noticeable/affective enough).

Fun stuff. That palu is great, you just need a little bit of more follow ups to rack up some extra damage but I guess it's hard for palu.

I really need to learn how to win the position on the edge... That's a big problem for me, and that's gonna fix my ledge game.
Yah I also need to stop mashing down smash.. It has terrible lag. I think Pit probably could have a killer edge game because it seems hard to gimp him and he can get back easy, but then again Palu can't gimp well without risking a lot so maybe not?

jnWake

That last match was so stupid haha. I guess I'm too tired to correctly do inputs now (it's 3AM here haha).

Nice matches. It's always surprising how good you are with many characters but this time I could punish a lot more. You're very shield/grab happy and the times I caught onto the patterns I could punish a lot. Marth's shield breaker hit many times!

Vena

Wait aren't you Guys (RQ and Vena) from the midwest? When's the next midwest Sm4sh tournament
besides never of course

Never. Midwest smash scene hates itself. We just meet on occasion to burn Sm4sh discs out of contempt for it being a shitty Brawl 2.0.

Wait aren't you Guys (RQ and Vena) from the midwest? When's the next midwest Sm4sh tournament
besides never of course

Yes we are, and I don't know about Vena but the one I plan on attending you can check out here. Its predecessor was my first tournament, and I plan to enter this year to honor it. :)

Never. Midwest smash scene hates itself. We just meet on occasion to burn Sm4sh discs out of contempt for it being a shitty Brawl 2.0.

I-I mean, yeah, that's exactly what we do. Fuck Sm4sh, when's Melee HD #MeleeBoys

Does anyone want to play for a while in like 15 or so minutes?

Also, have Salex, Shizzlee, Soul Lab, or SuperBowser been around recently? I still need to do my ranbat matches with them :|

Yes we are, and I don't know about Vena but the one I plan on attending you can check out here. Its predecessor was my first tournament, and I plan to enter this year to honor it. :)

I-I mean, yeah, that's exactly what we do. Fuck Sm4sh, when's Melee HD #MeleeBoys
Not close enough for me, unless I want to drive a while. I was thinking of maybe going to evo, but that will cost a ton. Though I have some relatives that live in AZ... Hmm do I want to blow $700 dollars to go 0-2 in pools.. Would be fun though.

Vena

Not close enough for me, unless I want to drive a while. I was thinking of maybe going to evo, but that will cost a ton. Though I have some relatives that live in AZ... Hmm do I want to blow $700 dollars to go 0-2 in pools.. Would be fun though.

Its just a Purple Line ride away for me. :D

I have a secret device for EVO transportation.

If you can, travel to a local tourney. Any tourney experience is worth it I guarantee you. Surely you have a local scene? Hit them up on Facebook, or start one yourself. :D
Its just a Purple Line ride away for me. :D

You'll know me if you see a guy playing under the all too familiar L-GC tag. :)

DooD1234

I remember going to a local brawl tourney and winning 1st place and earned $100 bestbuy gift card a long time ago. Wish I knew an active scene in NJ.

Who wanna go 1v1 with me?

Vena

lol killed myself on the chain haha.

I feel like I did considerably better after a while, lol.

I remember going to a local brawl tourney and winning 1st place and earned $100 bestbuy gift card a long time ago. Wish I knew an active scene in NJ.

You must have scared them all away.

lol killed myself on the chain haha.

I feel like I did considerably better after a while, lol.

You must have scared them all away.

lol what a way to end it though

Yeah, either you were getting better or I was sandbagging even worse--I mean, I wasn't keeping up. >.>;;;

Just kidding, I only sandbag when I'm not using spacies/MK, good games Vena! Hope you didn't mind my SWEET AS FUCK DAIRS earlier, and I had fun!

Vena

lol what a way to end it though

Yeah, either you were getting better or I was sandbagging even worse--I mean, I wasn't keeping up. >.>;;;

Just kidding, I only sandbag when I'm not using spacies/MK, good games Vena! Hope you didn't mind my SWEET AS FUCK DAIRS earlier, and I had fun!

I don't mind Dairs lol, they mean I have to get better at avoiding them. :p

Top Bottom