• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I don't mind Dairs lol, they mean I have to get better at avoiding them. :p

Ah, so yeah, about your play.

I don't know Marth very well, given I absolutely hate him and stomping all over him today has been absolutely wonderful for me, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I can say that you aren't being safe enough if I'm hitting you. Improve your spacing, understand the consequences of your actions and what scenarios are brought up through your actions, how your actions affect things in neutral, and how to create and force situations where you are at the advantage.

Is that okay, friend? :) At this point, it's not about learning fancy tech but learning how to move if you get me. Become one with the game, and know forwards and back how to respond to your enemy before your enemy becomes conscious of his own movement.

Vena

I don't know Marth very well, given I absolutely hate him and stomping all over him today has been absolutely wonderful for me, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I can say that you aren't being safe enough if I'm hitting you. Improve your spacing, understand the consequences of your actions and what scenarios are brought up through your actions, how your actions affect things in neutral, and how to create and force situations where you are at the advantage.

Is that okay, friend? :) At this point, it's not about learning fancy tech but learning how to move if you get me. Become one with the game, and know forwards and back how to respond to your enemy before your enemy becomes conscious of his own movement.

Terrible! I feel like I've unlearned everything just be reading the third paragraph!

Terrible! I feel like I've unlearned everything just be reading the third paragraph!

How so? You may have to look at the way you play, study your replays, and see how stronger opponents handle their character to understand. Better yet, watch matches of pro players, and think about their mentality when playing. Ask, "what are they doing to tip things in their favor?" "What are they doing to force the opponent into a situation that gives them options and removes the opponent's?"

You're at a transitional phase, and once you've promoted your mental understanding of the neutral game to a certain point, I'm sure you'll become a member of SmashGAF's high rank in no time!

I might have explained it poorly, but like I said I'm no teacher. :/ I'm sure a stronger player than me could explain it better, like Karsticles or Shamrock.

Also I don't read sarcasm on the internet, Vena you baka. :T

Vena

How so? You may have to look at the way you play, study your replays, and see how stronger opponents handle their character to understand. Better yet, watch matches of pro players, and think about their mentality when playing. Ask, "what are they doing to tip things in their favor?" "What are they doing to force the opponent into a situation that gives them options and removes the opponent's?"

You're at a transitional phase, and once you've promoted your mental understanding of the neutral game to a certain point, I'm sure you'll become a member of SmashGAF's high rank in no time!

That was a joke... >.>

I don't study frames or replays for smash at least.. I'm pretty lazy... I did watch some youtube plays of Palutena/short training vids though..

I do think for me at least, I won't ever have the reactions needed to reach the upper echelon. Or fast reads.

I don't study frames or replays for smash at least.. I'm pretty lazy... I did watch some youtube plays of Palutena/short training vids though..

I do think for me at least, I won't ever have the reactions needed to reach the upper echelon. Or fast reads.
Me neither lmaooooo. My fundamentals are actually largely carried over from me playing Melee (which I still play.) I failed horribly at Brawl, so when the Sm4sh meta very obviously became more defensive I couldn't really adjust to it fully, so when I'm playing someone who's playing patient it takes a lot of beatings to get it through my head that I have to be patient too sometimes. ><;;;
Is it me!?

No because it's hoo ha time now and you don't deserve it. :T

Reading this is kind of haunting considering what happened to my poor Lucina. :( But I feel I can take away from this sort of advice as well. So even if this wasn't directed at me, thanks. XD

Earlier when you said you pulled out your main, did you mean Falco?

Reading this is kind of haunting considering what happened to my poor Lucina. :( But I feel I can take away from this sort of advice as well. So even if this wasn't directed at me, thanks. XD

Earlier when you said you pulled out your main, did you mean Falco?
I'm not the best speaker for these kinds of things, so I'd prefer if you got someone else's opinion too. '~'

Yep yep, I main the bird. Things would've gotten really ugly if I pulled out my Fox though. :p

Neat. Details? My best is 3570.2 with Ganondorf.

Whoa. Just youtubed it. I didn't know the stupid moon came out! Haha!
24,000 was on coop and took us nearly 2 hours of side smashes and D-airs in perfect synchronization with our Ganons. Got the sandbag all the way up to 334% percent.

My single player best is upwards of 5000 I believe. Might be higher. I have to go back and check. All you need to do is use side smash a couple time and tilt-a when the sandbag is stuck in a corner. You'll rack up damage.

Edit: Oh! and don't use the bat. Reverse neutral B is better with Ganon is better.

24,000 was on coop and took us nearly 2 hours of side smashes and D-airs in perfect synchronization with our Ganons. Got the sandbag all the way up to 334% percent.

My single player best is upwards of 5000 I believe. Might be higher. I have to go back and check. All you need to do is use side smash a couple time and tilt-a when the sandbag is stuck in a corner. You'll rack up damage.

Edit: Oh! and don't use the bat. Reverse neutral B is better with Ganon is better.

Getting the reverse warlock punch just right is the key. I just did it, 5533.7ft! Woohoo!

http://www.twitch.tv/smashavengers

Local Group is going to Stream a Tourney soon.

Edit: playing first as Beat

Eek, that video quality is atrocious.

I have a question about Classic GSPs.

My Classic scores for Mario and Bowser Jr. are both exactly 285320, and the GSPs are both exactly 333299. I'm guessing the score is just the difficulty plus the same bonus multipliers. But why are the GSPs the same? It's unlikely that exactly the same number of people have done worse with those two characters.

Jims

GI have a question about Classic GSPs.

My Classic scores for Mario and Bowser Jr. are both exactly 285320, and the GSPs are both exactly 333299. I'm guessing the score is just the difficulty plus the same bonus multipliers. But why are the GSPs the same? It's unlikely that exactly the same number of people have done worse with those two characters.

That's weird.

How does the score work though? I thought when you lost a stock you got a little less points and that you also got more points the more opponents you KO, but maybe that's not the case?

What moves are they telling you to stop spamming? I want to know the angry responses.

This guy has messaged me, I shit you not, about 40 times in the last 5 minutes getting angry at me because I called out his terrible campy style after I won our ranked set. As I typed this he just sent 2 more message, lololol

DooD1234

This guy has messaged me, I shit you not, about 40 times in the last 5 minutes getting angry at me because I called out his terrible campy style after I won our ranked set. As I typed this he just sent 2 more message, lololol
Lol, oh man, this is the reason why Nintendo online messages and chat is behind. All the salt in Smash and Mario Kart may make other games look tame in comparison.

Lol, oh man, this is the reason why Nintendo online messages and chat is behind. All the salt in Smash and Mario Kart may make other games look tame in comparison.

Overall though, Anther's Ladder is a pretty friendly site and I would recommend it to anyone here looking to get better.

That's weird.

How does the score work though? I thought when you lost a stock you got a little less points and that you also got more points the more opponents you KO, but maybe that's not the case?

It's not too far-fetched that my performance was the same in those two runs, regarding KOs/falls. The difficulty was 2.0 for each. I've since beaten it on 7.5 with Mario, but before I did, it definitely had the same GSP for both characters. I was under the impression that a Mario Classic GSP of 333299 meant I had done better than 333299 people playing classic as Mario.

How the ranking work though? If you report your play record can't your opponent be dishonest with their winnings?

It's extremely user friendly. If there is a dispute with the two players recording who won/lost, it goes to a moderator. Remember that everything in the chat is recorded, along with who won each match previous to the last, so if there is a dispute, it's pretty easy to figure out. I will say, I have had only 1 dispute out of the matches I have played there, and it wasn't a win/loss dispute. The guy tried to cancel after I beat him first match because he said I was spamming. Moderator quickly gave me the victory. Everyone is pretty honest with reporting, and if someone is salty/mad, they will retaliate by leaving you bad feedback moreso than trying to say they won, but even that is rare in comparison to other smash sites like nintendodojo

Edit: If we ever have another GAF style tourney, it would be a great place to set up the matches because of the interface

DooD1234

It's extremely user friendly. If there is a dispute with the two players recording who won/lost, it goes to a moderator. Remember that everything in the chat is recorded, along with who won each match previous to the last, so if there is a dispute, it's pretty easy to figure out. I will say, I have had only 1 dispute out of the matches I have played there, and it wasn't a win/loss dispute. The guy tried to cancel after I beat him first match because he said I was spamming. Moderator quickly gave me the victory. Everyone is pretty honest with reporting, and if someone is salty/mad, they will retaliate by leaving you bad feedback moreso than trying to say they won, but even that is rare in comparison to other smash sites like nintendodojo

Edit: If we ever have another GAF style tourney, it would be a great place to set up the matches because of the interface
Ah okay, I suppose I give it a try someday.

I'd like to see how Luisfer (top player on Anther's Ladder) would do in a tournament.

I'd like to see how Luisfer (top player on Anther's Ladder) would do in a tournament.

He has the most points for sure, but with that ladder, and nintendodojo, don't pay too much attention at who is at the very top, because that just may be based on a person playing a lot more matches than the other players in the top 20 or so. The playoffs/tournament after that takes the top 30 or so is a better determination

He has the most points for sure, but with that ladder, and nintendodojo, don't pay too much attention at who is at the very top, because that just may be based on a person playing a lot more matches than the other players in the top 20 or so. The playoffs/tournament after that takes the top 30 or so is a better determination

There's a playoff? Neat. Although it seems dabuz is no longer visiting smashladder. :/

Ugh... I hate the SP content in this game... They really made classic and all star mode a chore to play. Even the stadium modes aren't that great. I usually feel like chucking the controller at the TV when I die in SP on 9.0 and see the difficulty go down a notch. Gets my blood boiling.

I stricly play online most of the time.

Ugh... I hate the SP content in this game... They really made classic and all star mode a chore to play. Even the stadium modes aren't that great. I usually feel like chucking the controller at the TV when I die in SP on 9.0 and see the difficulty go down a notch. Gets my blood boiling.

I stricly play online most of the time.

With the number of characters, they really need to remove content per mode, not add. All-Star isn't bad, but they added crap to Classic (Master Core forms, overworld map) that was unnecessary and makes the mode take too long. Also battles have too many opponents. The first two games got the level of complexity in Classic right.

If you die on classic, it should have given you the option of lowering the difficulty OR spending more gold. Noth both. Either would affect your score, though.

Boney

Banned
Welp, that reverse charge shot would've done it but it just had to fire the other way don't it?

Is it too laggy on shielding? It's perfect on my end but I guess you're having some issues?

Man I hate lylat cruise no idea why I pick it lol. There's like 4 sd's at the minimum per match.

Top Bottom