• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Haha it seems so. You up for matches?
I'm still playing Trey atm, fun stuff, we've been going on for a while now.

Edit: seems it's the last one, got a headache here, I'll jump in the pool and rest for like 30 minutes and I'll be back to play if you want.

Phew fun stuff. You had me pretty worried that last match! You figured out great when the grapple beam was gonna come out and you retreated and punished accordingly. Great stuff!

Matches were great, had a lot of trouble with pit because you were excellently spotdodging most of my finishers so even though I racked a lot of damage with the bow it was hard for me to kill you. Your jiggly was also pretty good, you consistently landed rests, so I was always pretty worried whenever I was in 20% cause I could die at any time.

Thanks for the matches!

Oh. It was fun though :p

Pac Man is so hype. With projectile and hydrant shenanigans matches are super dynamic.

Yea but I really couldn't do anything. His short game requires precision because his moves have so much delay/lag at the end, and you have to be able to power shield against Yoshi, but the half second delay was too much. I can overcome it with Ness. Not with pac yet

jnWake

Yea but I really couldn't do anything. His short game requires precision because his moves have so much delay/lag at the end, and you have to be able to power shield against Yoshi, but the half second delay was too much. I can overcome it with Ness. Not with pac yet

I didn't even notice it was that bad. #SouthAmerican

Gimme a sec, I'm gonna switch to the gamepad. My pro controller keeps making me go left when I press down, hence all my teleports off the left edge.

Boney

Banned
Like uh started using the screw attack right now because everyone raves about it since brawl and holy shit this is amazing. Incredible oos and it can ko.

I am a believer

Nice reflect there!

Cronox

Banned
Looking for a 1v1 with whoever, but would love some matchup experience against higher tier characters... I'm a Bowser guy, jiggs as a secondary for funsies.

Ugh this game is so damn frustrating; it's no fun getting your ass kicked every single frickin match. I try to space my opponent with Marth but I'm always just out of range or they get the hit..how the hell does captain falcon out space marth!!?? And then it seems like my opponents can attack out of shield faster or have no lag after attacks, I just got wrecked by my friends bowser who was wayyyy faster than my marth which doesn't make sense. Sorry for the rant but I'm getting pissed off and this makes me want to trade the game in. Not gonna do that because I'm sure I probably just need to play more and get better but this is the first time I've gotten angry while gaming since I was a teen.

NNID is GucciGAF if anybody wants to kick my sorry ass. I'm not good at all.

Ugh this game is so damn frustrating; it's no fun getting your ass kicked every single frickin match. I try to space my opponent with Marth but I'm always just out of range or they get the hit..how the hell does captain falcon out space marth!!?? And then it seems like my opponents can attack out of shield faster or have no lag after attacks, I just got wrecked by my friends bowser who was wayyyy faster than my marth which doesn't make sense. Sorry for the rant but I'm getting pissed off and this makes me want to trade the game in. Not gonna do that because I'm sure I probably just need to play more and get better but this is the first time I've gotten angry while gaming since I was a teen.

Thats why you play with gaffers to learn wtf to do lol

playing against gaffers is the best way to experiement tactics and strategies

Boney

Banned
Sorry, phone rang and had to get it.

You're probably using attacks that have way to much landing lag. No idea about Marth but I guess his neutral air is the only safe one. Don't think the fair is, but don't quote me on that.

Thats why you play with gaffers to learn wtf to do lol

playing against gaffers is the best way to experiement tactics and strategies

Just got the game Friday and I either play with gaffers or my real life friends. Never online randoms; I know I'm not ready for that yet.

You're probably using attacks that have way to much landing lag. No idea about Marth but I guess his neutral air is the only safe one. Don't think the fair is, but don't quote me on that.

I'll try to keep that in mind, thanks

Boney

Banned
Just got the game Friday and I either play with gaffers or my real life friends. Never online randoms; I know I'm not ready for that yet.

I'll try to keep that in mind, thanks
Online randoms are worse. They might not teach you much but you'll get more breathing room to try tactics and see how everything works out.

Cronox

Banned

Fair is not safe on landing. Gucci, hitting with Marth is a little different compared to previous games, in previous ones his sword was basically a huge slash hitbox, in this one his sword is actually the hitbox, not the graphical effect around it. So if you want to hit an opponent that's slightly below you in the air and do a forward air attack, his sword will start high and travel downwards - you can start that attack slightly ahead of time to catch them. Follow his sword with your eyes as you're doing attacks to get an idea of when you're going to hit an opponent.

Does that make any sense...? Hopefully it does.

Online randoms are generally going to be worse than GAF players, might not be a bad idea to go there to get a little ego boost.

jnWake

Marth is all about space. You have to move a lot and try to out-range your opponent, but picking your attacks wisely.

For example, down air has a lot of range but it has a lot of landing lag so if you miss you'll get punished. Up air and normal air have good range and much less lag so they're safer. Forward and back air don't have that much lag so you can use them too. In the ground, use tilts mainly, unless you find an opening in which case you should use smashes.

For spacing, standard b is also good. For example, if your opponent starts running towards you then you can start charging standard b which will probably make them nervous. You'll either hit them with the attack or if they panic they'll shield and you can break it!

In any case, Marth is tough to use and you'll feel outclassed a lot, but he's rewarding when you win!

Top Bottom