• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

To be fair, that's a predictable part of Castle Siege. :/

Last match for me, Quote!

EDIT: Good games, Quote. Your Palutena's jab is becoming something I really need to respect, it's stuffing my aggressive playstyle! I think you could stall out opponents really well with default Pally, but that's just me. :/

To be fair, that's a predictable part of Castle Siege. :/

Last match for me, Quote!
Ok ggs, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgiesughesiughesugihesges.

Good games, Quote. Your Palutena's jab is becoming something I really need to respect, it's stuffing my aggressive playstyle! I think you could stall out opponents really well with default Pally, but that's just me. :/
That is pretty much the play style aerolink uses (before he dropped palutena). Play defensive, fish for jabs, space out, etc. But it's pretty boring..

Ok ggs, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgiesughesiughesugihesges.

Now, Quote, you made a few reads on me that made me into Captain Salty 69. :T Fuggin Fox Illusion right into a laser, oh I'm just gonna walk along this Smashville platform and jump right into a LASER, don't mind me just gonna go in and--fuck jab attack is hitting me. Okay I'll just camp with my blaster--fuck she's got a Reflector. Lemme edge guard her real quick--fuck she can teleport.

Being a Fox main and not doing what a Fox should do made me a Captain who was not in a 69 mood.

Now, Quote, you made a few reads on me that made me into Captain Salty 69. :T Fuggin Fox Illusion right into a laser, oh I'm just gonna walk along this Smashville platform and jump right into a LASER, don't mind me just gonna go in and--fuck jab attack is hitting me. Okay I'll just camp with my blaster--fuck she's got a Reflector. Lemme edge guard her real quick--fuck she can teleport.

Being a Fox main and not doing what a Fox should do made me a Captain who was not in a 69 mood.
Lol, I can tell that characters with good dash attacks hate when they get hit with that jab. It's probably one of her best moves. I think I need to use it more for punishes as well (which I do), because I try to use her dash throw and the recovery and range on that is cancer. I think half the time I play this game I get punished trying to punish an attack with dash throw...

edit: and a tip, her teleport has wonky diagonal range, so if you can hit her away far enough she can't get up really. It's strongest either straight horizontal or vertical.

Praying in the patch they reduce some of the lag of her moves, but they'll probably mostly just nerf diddy. It's funny though playing Fox who is super fast, and then falco who is 0.5x(fox)

I am actually really curious to see Sakurai's approach to balance. Will he nerf Diddy and call it a day? Or does he have a lundry list of stuff, and intends to tweak here and there?

This will be the first patch where player feedback is involved.

Jims

I am actually really curious to see Sakurai's approach to balance. Will he nerf Diddy and call it a day? Or does he have a lundry list of stuff, and intends to tweak here and there?

I'm hoping he takes the approach to add small buffs to most of the characters and call it a day. The only character that feels like he actively needs a nerf is Diddy Kong, and even him, you could probably just do a couple tweaks and still keep him viable. Maybe reduce some of his damage output or lower kickback on hoo hah. Some characters, just stuff like extending hitstun on certain characters' grabs, or maybe reducing end lag on certain moves, would do wonders.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Boney

Banned
Damn great punishes for power of flight, nobody's done that before

Jesus man this matches are tense

Also slightly bummed I can't shoot you arrows off stage I love that haha

FSLink

Banned
Picked up Greninja as another secondary to Ness and Luigi (he's mostly only for Diddy Kong).

Man this frog is so fun to use. ff nairs all day!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I think a laundry list of stuff will be put in effect when Mewtwo finally arrives. Probably in April.

Damn that pivot grab scares the shit out of me lol

Got damn, got wrecked in a mirror match. Stupid sexy dark pit! Great use of the ant Jesus Christ my jabs ;_;

Yes sir!
Thanks, he's one of the many characters I love using, haha. I don't like regular Pit's side-b as much.

Aw, the suicides.

Boney

Banned
Yeah that fight sigh.

Thanks, he's one of the many characters I love using, haha. I don't like regular Pit's side-b as much.
I like it more because it's a more reliable kill that's why I save it for unexpected moments. Plus his arrows are better I think. But damn maaaan

Boney

Banned
Had to bring the big guns!

I'm gonna start saving all these fights. They're pretty amazing!
That forward smash would've hit and that match was yours

You bring out falco!? You cheat hax that's like the counterpick lol.

Damn platform ;_; why am I getting all these lousy deaths!

Boney

Banned
Wait you can push the bell with the water from the hydrant!?

:eek:oo

Oh man we're done? I enjoyed these inmensly! Really fun stuff you really now how to move in the game, you got the basics like real down, love it! Feels like pro level play really.

Didn't catch who your main was, do you have one? You played great with everyone, but dark pit was probably the one that blew my mind the most seeing that pit is one of my secondary's.

Also that falco edge guarding was just insane.

GGs, Boney. They were really fun. I was surprised on a lot of stuff that happened durring the matches. :p Going to take a break.

If you still want to play, I can play in about 5-10 mins.

Wow, perfect timing, I just got back. Yeah, let me know when you're ready. I'll go ahead and add you now.

I'll play u in the mean time..

Whoops, sorry DQ I wasn't paying attention to the thread! I'd be happy to play when Cyberman and I are done though if you want!

Boney

Banned
I can play anybody else if they want to. Hit me up

GGs, Boney. They were really fun. I was surprised on a lot of stuff that happened durring the matches. :p Going to take a break.

If you still want to play, I can play in about 5-10 mins.
Surprised? Don't give me that surprised bs lol give me some specifics man I wanna learnnnnn u 2 gud

Salex
Soul-Lab
SuperBowser

Doesn't look like they have many matches played, but if any of you are available now, we can play.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like they have only played 3 matches per person. What do, karst?

Wait you can push the bell with the water from the hydrant!?

:eek:oo

Oh man we're done? I enjoyed these inmensly! Really fun stuff you really now how to move in the game, you got the basics like real down, love it! Feels like pro level play really.

Didn't catch who your main was, do you have one? You played great with everyone, but dark pit was probably the one that blew my mind the most seeing that pit is one of my secondary's.

Also that falco edge guarding was just insane.
Sonic and Falco are my two main ones, but I'm trying to get a lot better with other characters. Dark Pit is just so fun to play that I want to take him serious.

Wow, perfect timing, I just got back. Yeah, let me know when you're ready. I'll go ahead and add you now.
Alright, I'll add it and you can host.

Boney

Banned
Sonic and Falco are my two main ones, but I'm trying to get a lot better with other characters. Dark Pit is just so fun to play that I want to take him serious.
Right. Those two were the ones I had the most trouble with by far. I managed to get a win from sonic because battlefield saves my ass there, it's a interesting match up, in which sadly I've barely played against. Same for falco but I can half assedly use him so he wasn't that mind blowing except for the great execution. Really solid both of them.

still looking for a game if anyone wants to play

NNID GucciGAF
I'll add you!

Do you want me to be aggressive or do you want breathing room?
Oh wait I have you, you sent a friend request earlier. Set up the room I'll be right there!

Top Bottom