• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
Ok I have no idea what I'm doing using Marth lol. Tried using him to see if it have you ideas but pay no mind lol. What a cluster fuck.

Also let's do 2 stocks! You gotta set it yourself. Rules alternate.

Also in case you didn't know, if you air dodge and hit the ground while doing it you'll end up with huge end lag and it's super punishable.

how the heck was your marth jabbing so quickly i don't have that move???
Hmm which jab? The uhm side b? You press down b after initiating the combo instead of side b. you can do it with up b for a launcher as well

Ok I have no idea what I'm doing using Marth lol. Tried using him to see if it have you ideas but pay no mind lol. What a cluster fuck.

Also let's do 2 stocks!

Oops already selected my character but yeah 2 stocks is fine! Did you have custom moves on because I cannot do that quick jab with the sword that is kinda like lil mac's neutral A.

Nabster92

So I decided to give that Anther's ladder a shot today. That's a really great interface for ladder matches and matchmaking in general. Leagues better than AllIsBrawl/Nintendodojo ever was. Off to a good start at 6-0 so far. Need like 200 more points to catch up to you Shamrock!

how the heck was your marth jabbing so quickly i don't have that move???

Are you talking about the down variation of the 4th hit of dancing blade (side b)?

Edit: Yea sounds like it. After you start the side b attack, it has 4 hits total if you continue doing it. It also has different variations depending on which direction you hold for the subsequent hits. The up variation usually combo's the best at earlier percents since it doesn't move as far forward and people usually get up and out of it if you try the forward slash for the 4th hit. The down variation takes a step forwards and does the longer jab you saw which sometimes can catch people off guard not expecting more hits. The second and third hit also is affected by the direction you hold, but the differences aren't as drastic for those. I don't think the down variation of the third hit spikes anymore like it did in Melee :(

Boney

Banned
Oops already selected my character but yeah 2 stocks is fine! Did you have custom moves on because I cannot do that quick jab with the sword that is kinda like lil mac's neutral A.
Nope no costums you gotta do side b, which you can do 4 times in a combo, after the first hit though, you can do up b or down b as well and it'll be different moves.

Did you get it? I tried doing it so you could get it.

Also it's ok if I sd you don't need to kill yourself. Especially when it's not a competitive match.

Tipster, I now have footage of me styling on you thanks to the wonders of potato cam! Now everyone will see your getting styled on by me.

I told you I was going to put it on Youtube, didn't I?

Nabster92

my side is is where he charges the blade and slashes horizontally

That's the neutral B called shield breaker where it charges and stabs forwards and pushes you forward if you're in the air and breaks shields instantly if fully charged (also close to breaks it even without any charge). Dancing blade is the 4 part attack that you start with left/right B and works as I explained more in the edit in the last post.

I don't get the timing in this game. I see attacks coming and try to use cape, reflect, etc but the attack hits me before the animation comes out which is frustrating.

Salex
Soul-Lab
SuperBowser

Doesn't look like they have many matches played, but if any of you are available now, we can play.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like they have only played 3 matches per person. What do, karst?

Soul-Lab I imagine has issues with timezones, but the other two I have no idea and I haven't played them either :/

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Good games man! You don't mind if I host, do you? Just to try to minimize the lag.

Boney

Banned
I don't get the timing in this game. I see attacks coming and try to use cape, reflect, etc but the attack hits me before the animation comes out which is frustrating.
Depends in the character but these moves are not instantly and you can't throw them out all of them while running nor after recuperating from a roll

Good games but that's it for me tonight! I know there's a lot for me to work on but do you have any suggestions for my marth? I think I need to learn how to read and punish better. I struggle with reacting to spot dodges and pulling off grabs; my character always seems to face the wrong direction or over run the other player.

EDIT: BTW your Samus is INCREDIBLE. I couldn't even rack up 30%.

Also I have a question for everyone. I'm new to Smash and obviously a scrub at this point but there's a nice scene here in my city; I know people go to a pizza place on OSU campus to play friendlies a few times a month which is cool. As a newbie do you think it would be okay for me to show up and compete even though I'd obviously get beaten badly? In your experience are friendlies/tournaments only for hardcore experienced players or can you find a wide variety of skill levels? I wouldn't want to make anybody mad or waste their time so I'm hesitant to go.

Also I have a question for everyone. I'm new to Smash and obviously a scrub at this point but there's a nice scene here in my city; I know people go to a pizza place on OSU campus to play friendlies a few times a month which is cool. As a newbie do you think it would be okay for me to show up and compete even though I'd obviously get beaten badly? In your experience are friendlies/tournaments only for hardcore experienced players or can you find a wide variety of skill levels? I wouldn't want to make anybody mad or waste their time so I'm hesitant to go.

Dude.

GO

I'm being serious, you will not regret it no matter skill level, unless the guys there are total dbags.

DooD1234

It will be worth it for the experience. Besides there a chance you may meet someone of your own skill level.

Top Bottom