• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Great games, Cyberman! I was just typing a message saying I've got time for one more, so good timing!

Your Falco and Sonic are incredible! You were doing things with Sonic I've never seen before, it was tough to keep up! But even your other characters were exuding a lot of pressure. I also really like your play style.

Thanks for playing with me man, we'll have to do some more sometime!

Boney

Banned
Good games but that's it for me tonight! I know there's a lot for me to work on but do you have any suggestions for my marth? I think I need to learn how to read and punish better. I struggle with reacting to spot dodges and pulling off grabs; my character always seems to face the wrong direction or over run the other player.

EDIT: BTW your Samus is INCREDIBLE. I couldn't even rack up 30%.
On a general note, you're rolling way too much and that's coming from someone that is also guilty of that habit. It's easy to read so you'll get punished easily, use it to escape sticky situations or when you don't want to compromise an approach but don't move around with it.

As for Marth, it's a tough one, i still don't really get how he plays, but I suppose you need to start chasing for more grabs, if you can you can use pivot grabs but it's not necessary, he's fast so that's gonna help. Also when airborne, neutral air is a pretty safe move so use that a lot to creat space. Marth is all about controlling a very very narrow spacing so you can continually hit them with the tip of the sword, he's very complex so you'll just have to keep going to be comfortable.

With Mario, use aerials, they're godly, neutral air can change it's momentum and you can swing back read rolls or retreat, and back air has no ending lag and great reach and damage use those often. Also down grab into up tilt in early percentage and down grab to up air in mid percentages.

Great games, Cyberman! I was just typing a message saying I've got time for one more, so good timing!

Your Falco and Sonic are incredible! You were doing things with Sonic I've never seen before, it was tough to keep up! But even your other characters were exuding a lot of pressure. I also really like your play style.

Thanks for playing with me man, we'll have to do some more sometime!
GGs, man! I didn't even notice it was getting really late since I was really into the matches.

Thanks. It's really hard for me to play against projectile characters with Sonic for some reason, haha. I've never really seen a Megaman like yours, so it was something new for me. Gave me a lot of trouble. But, hopefully we can play again sometime this week since I had a ton of fun.

HDedHsm.png

I think I'm content with my performance in anther's ladder, and I won't be playing ranked for a while.

So, how's everyone? :D

I really wish Nintendo would restock their adapters. I'm getting used to playing with the gamepad but the GCN controller is much more comfy. I'll probably spring for a pro controller this week and try that out.

Vena

One last match Trey, its getting late on my end!

GGs! Great Peach as always. One thing I noticed is that you don't chase very much, though. How come?

Cronox

Banned
On a general note, you're rolling way too much and that's coming from someone that is also guilty of that habit. It's easy to read so you'll get punished easily, use it to escape sticky situations or when you don't want to compromise an approach but don't move around with it.

On that note, if anyone needs a reminder on the negatives of rolling, see this.

Trey

GGs! Great Peach as always. One thing I noticed is that you don't chase very much, though. How come?

Still incorporating roll reads into my game. And Peach's best attack for that is a dash attack, but that second hit likes to act up sometimes, which leaves me vulnerable. As for neutral, Peach really only has two options to get in if she's not holding a turnip: dash attack or float dair. And turnips take an eternity to pull so usually I have to sacrifice a follow up opportunity in order to get the thing out.

So I kinda wait for the opponent to make a mistake. Spam fair until they start anticipating and work from there. Gonna respect the crown. Not the best way to win but I'm still working on a lot of things. Rushdown Peach would be nice, just gotta get her there.

Vena

So I kinda wait for the opponent to make a mistake. Spam fair until they start anticipating and work from there. Gonna respect the crown. Not the best way to win but I'm still working on a lot of things. Rushdown Peach would be nice, just gotta get her there.

Have you been pushing glide tossing into your game? I don't think I saw you using it and its a pretty sexy tech on Toon Link/Link at higher levels.

Phew, good games DQ! One more and I'm out for the night!

Edit: Great stuff DQ! Your Palutena's getting better and better! I'm always impressed at how you work her! Thanks again for playing!

Phew, good games DQ! One more and I'm out for the night!

Edit: Great stuff DQ! Your Palutena's getting better and better! I'm always impressed at how you work her! Thanks again for playing!
GGs as usual. It's pretty tough to keep up with your Megaman, I need to constantly think of what to do lol. I wish more people played Palutena so I could get some more insight on what I should be doing in certain matchups (karsticles seems busy a lot).

edit: That's why more people need to pick Palutena up so they can tell me how to play her :p

Neoxon

Spent tonight doing some editing for Project M, transplanting in songs from Smash 4, Rhythm Heaven, Sonic Lost World, Link Between Worlds, The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade, & more.

Spent tonight doing some editing for Project M, transplanting in songs from Smash 4, Rhythm Heaven, Sonic Lost World, Link Between Worlds, The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade, & more.

My favorite Sonic Lost World tracks are as follows:

Tornado Time
Midnight Owl
Double Down
Wonder World

Just in case you were taking requests...

i jsut bought this game and it fucking sucks

how is this online supposed to be fun

I just read a reddit post about how internet trolls are sadists. To answer your question (Assuming it was a question, as you didn't include a question mark), you may just need to try out different modes. Perhaps you'll find some you like. I doubt you've tried every mode.

Any tips on pulling off short hop fairs/dairs? I switched tap jump off but still struggle to do this consistently. Do I just need to practice in training mode more?

Satch

Banned
I just read a reddit post about how internet trolls are sadists. To answer your question (Assuming it was a question, as you didn't include a question mark), you may just need to try out different modes. Perhaps you'll find some you like. I doubt you've tried every mode.
??? rofl

anyway can i play my custom samus online or how does that work

Rolls seem like they are extremely hard to punish in this game. On one hand you're invincible when in the animation (correct me if wrong) and it is extremely quick which forces you to make a VERY hard read. However the length of the roll is consistent so if they do it too much and you're good at spacing you can punish although I'm not sure if it can be done consistently.

Haven't watched the video yet since I am at work.

Rolls seem like they are extremely hard to punish in this game. On one hand you're invincible when in the animation (correct me if wrong) and it is extremely quick which forces you to make a VERY hard read. However the length of the roll is consistent so if they do it too much and you're good at spacing you can punish although I'm not sure if it can be done consistently.

Haven't watched the video yet since I am at work.

Rolls are punishable in the sense that if done too much you just attack when the roll frame is done or make them roll into an attack. If you get really predictable with rolls there's a good chance you'll just roll into a setup.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I hate Wario's bike, how do I deal with attacks like that or Yoshi's egg roll bs?

Yoshi's egg you can shield-grab, actually. Block hit, hit A before he rolls past.

The bike, just jump over it and down-air it. Or some explosive super-armor attack to just blow it up on impact is always fun. Rock Smash with Charizard works pretty well.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Down to four hats and around eight custom moves remaining. So.. only about 20 more hours of grinding for hats. The customs moves should be brushed off quickly with some Crazy Orders play.

Dinjoralo

I'm gonna try my ye-old 3DS skylanders portal with the new amiibo update for the 3DS version coming out tomorrow. Chances are it won't work, but nothing to lose for trying.

Swordfighter makes me depressed. When Takamaru was confirmed to be an AT I was sad, but then I found out you could dress your Mii up as a samurai.

...Then I actually played him. It's only slightly less painful when I make Swordfighter a Marth/Link fusion, but...ugh, what a damn disappointment.

Neoxon

My favorite Sonic Lost World tracks are as follows:

Tornado Time
Midnight Owl
Double Down
Wonder World (Already Added)

Just in case you were taking requests...

Yeah, I'll see what I can do for the other 3.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Swordfighter makes me depressed. When Takamaru was confirmed to be an AT I was sad, but then I found out you could dress your Mii up as a samurai.

...Then I actually played him. It's only slightly less painful when I make Swordfighter a Marth/Link fusion, but...ugh, what a damn disappointment.

Shush.... Please don't reopen our wounds about Takamaru :(

Top Bottom