• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I was hoping for something just a tad more in-depth.
Normals attacks have either a lot of startup, a lot of endlag, or both without dealing a meaningful amount of damage to compensate. Recovery options are mostly shit (though this is a problem with all Mii Fighter classes), special attacks deal pitiful damage or are grotesquely punishable on block or when whiffed. Swordfighter doesn't have Brawler's strength, nor Gunner's various projectiles with utilities, leading to a poor jack of all trades that isn't good at anything.

On top of that, Swordfighters can be slow pieces of shit which really inhibits their ability to fight, while it doesn't bother Gunner and Brawler isn't affected nearly as bad.

Puruzi

Banned
Normals attacks have either a lot of startup, a lot of endlag, or both without dealing a meaningful amount of damage to compensate. Recovery options are mostly shit (though this is a problem with all Mii Fighter classes), special attacks deal pitiful damage or are grotesquely punishable on block or when whiffed. Swordfighter doesn't have Brawler's strength, nor Gunner's various projectiles with utilities, leading to a poor jack of all trades that isn't good at anything.

On top of that, Swordfighters can be slow pieces of shit which really inhibits their ability to fight, while it doesn't bother Gunner and Brawler isn't affected nearly as bad.

See? Everything is wrong with the Mii Swordfighter

TWILT

Banned
Not to mention, for a sword character, his range is surprisingly horrendous.

Shame too; I wanted to make a Dante Swordfighter. >_>

Gotcha, thanks.

Mr.Saturn Swordfighter 4 life

See? Everything is wrong with the Mii Swordfighter

Not to mention, for a sword character, his range is surprisingly horrendous.

Shame too; I wanted to make a Dante Swordfighter. >_>
I should mention that, in the short time I tried to play as him seriously, it felt like playing with a character who had shitty versions of Link's attacks, a shitty version of Mac's side B, shitty projectiles, and shitty recoveries. About the only not shitty thing was his counter for obvious reasons, but come on. :/

Puruzi

Banned
I should mention that, in the short time I tried to play as him seriously, it felt like playing with a character who had shitty versions of Link's attacks, a shitty version of Mac's side B, shitty projectiles, and shitty recoveries. About the only not shitty thing was his counter for obvious reasons, but come on. :/

The chakrams are also a shitty version of Megaman's Metal Blade

With my gf now unfortunately
This is the only place on GAF where playing with shamrock is preferred to spending time with your significant other.

"We'll fuck later babe, right now I'm getting fucked by this guy's Ness."

On that subject, thank god my SO doesn't play Smash, I couldn't handle the shit that comes from that.

This is the only place on GAF where playing with shamrock is preferred to spending time with your significant other.

On that subject, thank god my SO doesn't play Smash, I couldn't handle the shit that comes from that.

What can I say... <3 I have that effect

Rainy

Banned
I've been busy the last few months and I'm now finally planning on picking up the Wii U version. How is the online, at least compared to the 3ds version?

jorgejjvr

Hahaha you guys are too funny xD. What can I say, I really do enjoy playing against that ness, even if I pull out my hairs later lol. Haha, but seriously, I just meant that unfortunately we couldn't do it before or sooner, the timing for both of us to be able to play together just did not happen. That being said, I am loving my gf's company actually, and you guys gave her quite a laugh after this, so all is well xD

I've been busy the last few months and I'm now finally planning on picking up the Wii U version. How is the online, at least compared to the 3ds version?
If you're on a wired connection, it's lovely smooth. Of course, it's mostly dependent on the other guy too. If you had no problems with the 3DS version, you shouldn't have any problems on Wii U.

I know the feeling. I don't mind getting thoroughly destroyed while playing against gaffers.

A lot of the time it really does help refine my play.

SoldnerKei

Don't worry. Just wait for Nintendo's always-detailed patch notes.

Patch 1.5
- we changed things & stuff
- improved online experience
- added amiibo support so buy a N3DS now, right now! or hopefully you live in japan or australia
- diddy kong removed from the game

I expect something like that P:

Vena

Smashboards says Uair had its uair kill power nerfed and its recovery was also hit. Let's see what comes out of this, and the WiiU update will likely be soon.

But hoo-haa itself still works.

Smashboards says Uair had its uair kill power nerfed and its recovery was also hit. Let's see what comes out of this, and the WiiU update will likely be soon.

But hoo-haa itself still works.

Where's the proof of this? Are we not just seeing placebo again like with the last Wii U patch?

ugh why is the computer so much harder in smash than training? crushed my damn hopes that i was improving; got three stocked by frickin wii fit trainer on level 8. this might be hopeless if i can't even beat the ai.

Vena

Where's the proof of this? Are we not just seeing placebo again like with the last Wii U patch?

No proof.

Shields only have 1 HP! Jigglypuff auto-dies when a match starts. Little Mac had his recoveries removed, all his specials are now Counter. Countering an attack with Little Mac now launches you away from the stage.

ALL 1.0.4 REPLAYS ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE NEW UPDATE, BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE UPDATING

1.0.4 AND 1.0.5 CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER

BALANCE UPDATE CONFIRMED

EDIT: "Adjusted the game balance by refining the strengths of some fighters."

"Various fixes to improve gameplay."

Get to work, everyone.

Top Bottom