• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

"Bowser-cide now results in loss of two stocks instead of one."
Hahahahaha ow.

ugh why is the computer so much harder in smash than training? crushed my damn hopes that i was improving; got three stocked by frickin wii fit trainer on level 8. this might be hopeless if i can't even beat the ai.
You complain a lot.

ALL 1.0.4 REPLAYS ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE NEW UPDATE, BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE UPDATING

1.0.4 AND 1.0.5 CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER

BALANCE UPDATE CONFIRMED

EDIT: "Adjusted the game balance by refining the strengths of some fighters."

"Various fixes to improve gameplay."

Get to work, everyone.
Time to turn on my 3DS.

jorgejjvr

ALL 1.0.4 REPLAYS ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE NEW UPDATE, BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE UPDATING

BALANCE UPDATE CONFIRMED

Get to work, everyone.
Nice. Wonder when the wii u one is. Let us know guys if you find any changes

ffdgh

BALANCE UPDATE CONFIRMED

Get to work, everyone.

Sakurai san....please have given peach some more love...

I am not bothered, but I think that you should try and be more productive if you are struggling with the game. Complaining doesn't help anything.

I have a job, go to school, and have other life obligations. I have a limited amount of time each day to devote to playing Smash and do that productively by practicing against the computer or having matches with people in this thread and asking for feedback on my play/how the mechanics of the game work. Maybe instead of being snarky towards a frustrated newbie (I just got the dang game on friday) to the scene who wanted to vent to nobody in particular you should be a little nicer. Or just use the ignore feature, I don't care either way.

Don't mind him. He's naturally like that.

Yeah I'm not going to bother to interact with him. You still looking for matches?

There was a balance patch or is this some dumb joke?
1.0.5 is now up for download on the 3DS.

Downloading presently. You know I will check Bowser stuff. :)

I have a job, go to school, and have other life obligations. I have a limited amount of time each day to devote to playing Smash and do that productively by practicing against the computer or having matches with people in this thread and asking for feedback on my play/how the mechanics of the game work. Maybe instead of being snarky towards a frustrated newbie (I just got the dang game on friday) to the scene who wanted to vent to nobody in particular you should be a little nicer. Or just use the ignore feature, I don't care either way.

Yeah I'm not going to bother to interact with him. You still looking for matches?
If you ask questions, I am glad to help. I didn't knock you for being a newbie, but rather for complaining a lot. Being productive instead of complaining is a good rule of life.

I work 60 hours a week, go to school, and I am married. It really doesn't matter how busy you are. Complaining to complain is still not worthwhile.

SoldnerKei

first message I got on the 3DS was "you can now share Miis and Replays"

then I check my replays and I can't watch any... came to gaf and it's fucking happening!

aww yeah, let's see what they changed... placebo effect here I come

Blizzard

Banned
I'd think Diddy is most likely to have slight adjustments judging from APEX. Maybe Sheik too? At least careful testing could be focused on them for percentages, knockback/kill power, etc.

Vena

Can someone check the kill % of uair on Diddy on Willy hitting MetaKnight from the platform floor? On WiiU that is.

ffdgh

Hmm...I think they may have fixed being able to tech grounded meteor smashes. Usually the level 9 cpu does it constantly.

Vena

Hmm...I think they may have fixed being able to tech grounded meteor smashes. Usually the level 9 cpu does it constantly.

Isn't that.. kind of a big deal?

Also, I don't know if Willy's blast zones are the same between the two versions, but I have an 8% disparity in kill power on uair for Diddy. Same with his recovery. About one more hit disparity, it seems.

Masked Man

I said wow
Whoa, new 3DS patch? Gonna have to download that when I get home! Since replays don't work, and 1.0.5 is incompatible with 1.0.4, that seems to suggest some changes were made to the gameplay...

TWILT

Banned
I can confirm hoo haa still works. Kill power MIGHT have taken a hit? Will double check. Probably placebo though.

Link seems unchanged, including his jab cancel shenanigans.

Shulk seems the same too.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Bowser's Air Dodge to Special Land Lag Cancels still work.

And dunno if this was a thing before but Sheik's Bomb thing can be clanked out by the early frames of grounded Fortress. Recoil though.

Lvl 9 Sheik unable to DI out of Bowser Bomb? Or the Sheik just sucked.

SoldnerKei

yup, I am messing around with him, nothing changed I am testing stuff on the 3DS and do it on the wii U afterwards, nothing seems changed so far

I tried diddy too, and it seems like uair kills a bit later now

Bowser's Air Dodge to Special Land Lag Cancels still work.

And dunno if this was a thing before but Sheik's Bomb thing can be clanked out by the early frames of grounded Fortress. Recoil though.

Lvl 9 Sheik unable to DI out of Bowser Bomb? Or the Sheik just sucked.

Can't reverse Fortress. Side B still sucks and remains unchanged from 1.0.4.

Pivot Grab range is still intact.

Jab Traps still work.
Agreed on all points.

CPU at level 9 never teched the Dair ground bounce, but I don't remember if it did before. :p

Vena

Okay, someone needs to test this but, I am getting an across the board kill power nerf on Diddy. Roughly 7~15% kill potential variations.

Too soon for Link to be fixed, it only came out like a week ago lol.

Agreed on all points.

CPU at level 9 never teched the Dair ground bounce, but I don't remember if it did before. :p

They used to tech everything. Maybe they changed the AI? Is Dair a meteor?

Top Bottom