• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

random25

DifficultTemptingFlicker.gif

That's actually pretty useful. Gonna try this one out.

SoldnerKei

regarding Amiibos, what it's the best way to make them good?

one of my smash buddies has his mario lvled up to 50, 0 equipment nor customs, an it fuckings wreck, it actually fights you and link strings pretty often(utilt x2>jump>uair x2>upB stuff like that)

but my amiibos, Link for example, just runs and avoids you, throwing items and rarely attacking, I have feed some equipment to him, but nothing broken, Zelda on the other hand has smoothlanding, perfect shield explosion & auto heal, also she rarely attacks(thou more often than Link) almost all the damage she does it's because the PS explosion, and lastly my marth is somewhat in the middle, little equipment feed & only smoothlanding, he is ok regarding attack-avoid tactics

so I am wondering, it's better to just keep playing against them and don't feed them? or just buff/feed them into oblivion?

So how did anyone think Sonic was okay in this game? He completely controls the flow of the match and there is truly nothing you can do to take it. It's El Fuerte levels of bad.

One of the more unfun matchups to play against for sure. Beatable with patience. You just have to understand, to beat a good sonic player, you will prob go to time

shaowebb

Resounding yes on Custom moves from me. Wii Fit Trainer is a whole new character and Ganondorf with his hopping divekick for horizontal coverage/recovery and extended up B height for recovery and sweet spotting folks jumping is incredible.

Its like an entirely different game once customs come out to play. Mario especially. Hell wait till you see the giant mecha koopa with Bowser Jr.

One of the more unfun matchups to play against for sure. Beatable with patience. You just have to understand, to beat a good sonic player, you will prob go to time

This is exactly what should not happen. Winning against Sonic relies entirely on the other player's incompetence. It makes sense for a defensive-oriented character, it's pretty much the entire basis of Guile. It's a complete mess that insults the framework of the game when it's on an offensive character.

Codeblue

There's really no way to tell whether or not customs will improve the game until we see it in tournament. Ideally, it would make a lot of characters viable that previously weren't. On the other end, if there are any truly broken moves, then you start having to discriminate and determine what's bannable and what isn't.

Puruzi

Banned
GGs, you were very good with WFT trainer, which isn't something you see that often.
Also the big hula hoop custom is disgustingly good for no reason

Great games Cyberman. Gotta say I am pretty dissapointed my pac-man didn't take a game, as I have been practicing with him the most. I am pretty sure your Wii Fit Trainer is better than mine. If you are on later I am down to play more but I have to head out for a bit.

Edit: You have to admit, that pkfire read on your roll was pretty

Fancykong

Well the downside is that you have to be extremely careful about recovery since it changes your usual methods.

The upside is that it covers one of her weaknesses (shield pressure) nicely since her regular set is actually pretty terrible.

Great games Cyberman. Gotta say I am pretty dissapointed my pac-man didn't take a game, as I have been practicing with him the most. I am pretty sure your Wii Fit Trainer is better than mine. If you are on later I am down to play more but I have to head out for a bit.
GGs, man. If they made his killing power a lot better, I'm sure it would have. I mostly just use Wii Fit Trainer for fun, but trying to pick him up and take him more serious.

I may be here later, but if I am, I'll ask.

RANBAT BRACKET UPDATE:

BRACKET 1:
Betafuse has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Bigfwoosh has been banned from play for not completing matches.

Bracket 1 is now finished.

BRACKET 2:
No bans. Bracket 2 is still proceeding normally. Nice work, gents!

BRACKET 3:
Malajax has been banned from play for not completing matches.

Bracket 3 is now finished.

BRACKET 4:
Salex has been banned from play for not completing matches.
SolarKnight has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Soul Lab has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Shizzlee has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Supergem94 has been banned from play for not completing matches.

Bracket 4 is now finished.

BRACKET 5:
No bans. There are only a few matches left - hopefully they can get wrapped up by the end of the season.

If any banned players want to plead a case contrary to my decision, feel free to PM me.

If the few matches that are left can be completed before the end of the ranbat season, I will probably start sign-ups early.

I'm debating between two means of handling banned players:
1) A one-season ban, after which they are welcome to join again.
2) Allowing them to enter a "banned players" bracket. If they complete their bracket, they can join a normal bracket next season.

GGs, man. If they made his killing power a lot better, I'm sure it would have. I mostly just use Wii Fit Trainer for fun, but trying to pick him up and take him more serious.

I may be here later, but if I am, I'll ask.

There is just something satisfying about winning with Wii Fit Trainer

Played a Mega Man who did NOTHING but alternate randomly between shooting, Crash Bomb, and Metal Blade. It made no sense, was incredibly ineffective, regularly didn't get a KO until over 200%, and was still difficult to beat. I have no idea how people find the time to play like this.

RANBAT BRACKET UPDATE:

BRACKET 1:
Betafuse has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Bigfwoosh has been banned from play for not completing matches.

Bracket 1 is now finished.

BRACKET 2:
No bans. Bracket 2 is still proceeding normally. Nice work, gents!

BRACKET 3:
Malajax has been banned from play for not completing matches.

Bracket 3 is now finished.

BRACKET 4:
Salex has been banned from play for not completing matches.
SolarKnight has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Soul Lab has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Shizzlee has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Supergem94 has been banned from play for not completing matches.

Bracket 4 is now finished.

BRACKET 5:
No bans. There are only a few matches left - hopefully they can get wrapped up by the end of the season.

If any banned players want to plead a case contrary to my decision, feel free to PM me.

If the few matches that are left can be completed before the end of the ranbat season, I will probably start sign-ups early.

I'm debating between two means of handling banned players:
1) A one-season ban, after which they are welcome to join again.
2) Allowing them to enter a "banned players" bracket. If they complete their bracket, they can join a normal bracket next season.

GG to you too

Sorry, but I just don't get it. You missed about a hundred opportunities for grabs and uppercuts and weren't taking them because you were so keen on throwing projectiles. You play really smart at times, I wish I had known lemons had that much stopping power, but you don't capitalize because you don't seem to want to move. But I guess since I had absolutely no idea what was going on, it works okay enough.

Top Bottom