• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

TWILT

Banned
I'm disappointed that we're restricted to only the regular version of FD. Annoying light on that stage aside, I really wanna pick the Gaur Plains Omega >_>

Anyway, anyone up for some 1v1s?

I get punished when I try those better safe than sorry.

I only started Mega Man this week, so I go for a lot of grab follow-ups. It's a true combo from Metal Blade. But so few people play Mega Man, I don't actually know how to beat him.

I'm disappointed that we're restricted to only the regular version of FD. Annoying light on that stage aside, I really wanna pick the Gaur Plains Omega >_>

Anyway, anyone up for some 1v1s?

I'll fight. I don't know if we've added before. Today I will try to pick a main.
I won't be able to decide, though.

Last match, Beats.

lol that last kill. Good games, Beats. If customs were allowed, I'd be all for it. They give Falco's neutral game such a big boost!

Sorry I only stuck with him by the way, he was the only one I made sets for!

Beats

Last match, Beats.

lol that last kill. Good games, Beats. If customs were allowed, I'd be all for it. They give Falco's neutral game such a big boost!

Sorry I only stuck with him by the way, he was the only one I made sets for!

Good games! It's fine. I was pretty happy about those stage spikes with Toon Link : p

Yeah, customs definitely make Falco better.

That weird lag. I've played too much today, so geegee.

I feel like my ideal character would be Mario or Wii Fit Trainer with better range. But they don't have that, so I can't really get into them. I like Captain Falcon's moveset but his run speed and air control work against him as often as they work for him. I've played Greninja sporadically since the 3DS launch, but his terrible counter and laggy smashes are troublesome.

I feel like my ideal character would be Mario or Wii Fit Trainer with better range. But they don't have that, so I can't really get into them. I like Captain Falcon's moveset but his run speed and air control work against him as often as they work for him. I've played Greninja sporadically since the 3DS launch, but his terrible counter and laggy smashes are troublesome.

You should play Luigi or Pikachu or Pac-Man. :)

You should play Luigi or Pikachu or Pac-Man. :)

They're all characters with attributes I look for, but none of them come together into characters I actually want to play as.

The character that I have the most trouble deciding whether I want to play or not is Shulk. For every perfectly spaced back air there's one where you get close and it gets shielded, and playing Ike messed up my ability to short hop his neutral air.

1v1 anyone
Sorry, I'm amiibo farming and I'm too far in to back out now. >>;;;

Oh, and what do you think of custom moves Shamrock? Do they benefit your guys (brawler aside)?
They're all characters with attributes I look for, but none of them come together into characters I actually want to play as.

The character that I have the most trouble deciding whether I want to play or not is Shulk. For every perfectly spaced back air there's one where you get close and it gets shielded, and playing Ike messed up my ability to short hop his neutral air.

It sounds like you want a character to click with you, and Shulk is that guy. Just grind it out man, you aren't gonna perfectly space every bair, and relearn sh nair because honestly by the sound of it this is stuff you can fix by hitting the training mode. :/

Jims

Thanks for trying, but yeah, I gave up and went to For Glory. Played against the most obnoxious set of campers/rollers/laggy matches I've ever experienced in my life. So on tilt right now.

There is no greater hell than getting kicked around by a Jigglypuff because you can't figure out how to time the airdodges amidst the lag.

FSLink

Banned
no, I mean KJ64/Skyloft/Wuhu

what music would even be a cause of that anyway?

Tetris Type B on Wuhu.

Though they should really just use the My Music feature that's within the game itself and just disable it. :|

EDIT: Oh wait, I guess even putting it all the way down gives it a small chance of playing. Bleh.

RANBAT BRACKET UPDATE:

BRACKET 1:
Betafuse has been banned from play for not completing matches.
Bigfwoosh has been banned from play for not completing matches.

Bracket 1 is now finished.

Darn, I was still trying to set up my matches with those two. Sorry guys. =(

Also, I'm guessing that each DQ counts as a win? In that case, I should be in 1st with a perfect 9 points, although it says I'm tied with Cyberman since he got a win from blade25 before he got DQed.

Darn, I was still trying to set up my matches with those two. Sorry guys. =(

Also, I'm guessing that each DQ counts as a win? In that case, I should be in 1st with a perfect 9 points, although it says I'm tied with Cyberman since he got a win from blade25 before he got DQed.
I haven't worked out the effects of DQs on scores yet. It will all depend on how many sign up for next season. I wouldn't give anyone an inherent advantage for playing someone that quit.

The guys I DQ'd were all behind like...3 matches. Nothing for you to feel bad about.

Oh man, I forgot to mention the Miis! I liked the updated Brawlers, haha. I felt like you kind of played the medium/tall ones a little less aggressively than the small one. Which of the three weight classes did you like best?

Sure!

Well the one I am most used to his whatever weight class Cowboy Shamrock is, but I gotta tell you, that Burger is pretty amazing. I have trouble controlling him because he is so damn fast. I think that might be the best weight class. The heavier characters are pretty useless in comparison. The added strength doesn't make up for such a big loss in speed.

What was your mindset when playing against Burger? I feel like I was jumping around the stage at super speed

Top Bottom