• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Holy shit up tilt kills so early when it doesn't even look like a kill move. :O

Good games Tipster, maybe someday our sessions won't devolve into us proceeding to pick ridiculous secondaries and me using the worst Mii Fighters ever. :/ Also I need to practice MK some more...

Holy shit up tilt kills so early when it doesn't even look like a kill move. :O

Good games Tipster, maybe someday our sessions won't devolve into us proceeding to pick ridiculous secondaries and me using the worst Mii Fighters ever. :/ Also I need to practice MK some more...

I never thought that up tilt was going to kill. Some sort of black magic was going on there.

Hah hah, we do seem to do that a bunch lately. We will have to do some straight serious sets though, your space animals gave me a ton of trouble. Thanks for playing!

TWILT

Banned
Bit of an anti-climatic ending, but GGs FSLink! Really fun games; was really fun mess around with customs (though I should check my sets for Greninja again...). Your Luigi and Ness were really good.

FSLink

Banned
Bit of an anti-climatic ending, but GGs FSLink! Really fun games; was really fun mess around with customs (though I should check my sets for Greninja again...). Your Luigi and Ness were really good.
Thanks. The Shulk mirrors were fun too. I need to do more pivot grabs in speed, I don't go for it enough I feel.

The Pikachu matchup I'm pretty familiar with, but yours seems better than the ones I've played. I do try to approach it differently than other matchups (aka PK Firing all day), I try to use more nairs and uairs to approach, even if it trades.

TWILT

Banned
Thanks. The Shulk mirrors were fun too. I need to do more pivot grabs in speed, I don't go for it enough I feel.

The Pikachu matchup I'm pretty familiar with, but yours seems better than the ones I've played. I do try to approach it differently than other matchups (aka PK Firing all day), I try to use more nairs and uairs to approach, even if it trades.

Pivot grabs are really good with Speed, yeah. I always try and go for it.

Pikachu vs Ness is weird for me. I have to be more careful with using Quick Attack to approach/cause pressure since PK Fire kinda stops me from doing so, and I gotta approach from above more and maybe I kept messing it up, but it was really hard for me to go for Thunder spiking shenanigans.

Wait, so what is the deal here? You just dump a bunch of Amiibos in a 99 stock match or something like that? Do they have a greater chance of having customs drop?

You could do 99 stock. Or you could do 1 stock on a super tall cup-shaped map with heavy, metal, and 0.5 launch rate.

They don't get more drops, but if you have Master Balls on high (And no other items), that leads to more drops via Mew. Only problem is amiibos don't grab CDs. But they will grab customs and trophies.

You can get around this by including a human (I prefer an Atk/Def Bowser to avoid getting KOd out the top) and just set the controller down while you do other things. When you hear "Mew," check to see what kind of goodie was dropped. If a CD appears, grab it yourself. When you want to end the match, fsmash.

Cronox

Banned
You're doing it wrong. This is how you do it.

1) Have a custom character that comes with home run bat equipped and a custom that speeds up the swing and another that heals you per KO.
2)Swing bat
3) ???????
4) Profit.

I can go on really long with this setup and have plenty of time to fight Master and Crazy hand.

I've read this tip in multiple forms, but if you haven't unlocked the equipment that starts you off with the bat obviously it's not so effective :/

Any tips on killing off stage with Marth? Is fair his best option or should I be going for neutral airs?
Fair is best for spacing. Try and put your opponent in an uncomfortable position when trying to gimp. Don't always go right for the kill, sometimes you need to chill in the air next to them to bait the air dodge. If you are patient, you will be surprised how many people SD because they never find a "good spot" to recover, and end up going to low.

Lookin for Olimar tips (I know, don't laugh at me). I played him in Brawl all the time but now I've neglected him cause his changes are shit save for the recovery.

Please someone help me salvage my old main ;-;

Fair is best for spacing. Try and put your opponent in an uncomfortable position when trying to gimp. Don't always go right for the kill, sometimes you need to chill in the air next to them to bait the air dodge. If you are patient, you will be surprised how many people SD because they never find a "good spot" to recover, and end up going to low.

You can fake players out and go for Bair too but Marth/Lucina rely on spaced attacks.

Thanks for the suggestions; right now I'm too predictable with my follow ups so the opponent just air dodges and punishes accordingly. I'll hit training mode later tonight and work on this.

Wind effect on Ness's PK Thunder 2? Looks like Greninja Hydro Pumped itself.

And I can see why tournaments are so particular about what Mii Fighters are allowed. That lightweight is absurdly fast and still has middle weight killing power.

Dreavus

And I can see why tournaments are so particular about what Mii Fighters are allowed. That lightweight is absurdly fast and still has middle weight killing power.

I completely forgot weight and height even make a difference, all my mii fighters are just my own mii.

Need to eat dinner now.

Feels like Greninja is missing something. Aside from his counter being abysmal and having an inexplicable enormous frame lag before the move even activates, I mean. Also Shadow Sneak being in the area where buffing it too much would make it spammable and stupid, but as it is it's slow and useless outside of very lucky tricks and recovery.

GGs man. Great Greninja. As far as the Mii Fighters are concerned, I think Tournament Organizers are being very stupid. The only sound reason not to allow Mii Fighter, or to regulate it, is because of the time it takes to set one up. The way to answer the question is this way. Is the best Mii Fighter, with the best height, speed, and power combination, better than Diddy? No? then allowed.

Top Bottom