• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Dreavus

Need to eat dinner now.

Feels like Greninja is missing something. Aside from his counter being abysmal and having an inexplicable enormous frame lag before the move even activates, I mean.

Yep, delay is huge, and I don't think it even stuns/slows them like Shulk's does.

Shadow sneak is pretty useless in 1v1 as well, especially if it's a bright map. The fixed-but-instant custom would be nice to be able to use instead, but not so for most online play...

Once every 2000 years you can use it to intercept, but it's basically luck.

Greninja is just a really weird character. He's a fast character, but built with spacing tools and a terrible dash attack. He can get in, but once he's there he can't do anything other than jab, because his forward tilt is relatively slow and his up and down have incredibly small range. He probably has potential but since he got impulse-nerfed even harder than Rosalina (why), there's barely anyone playing him anymore. And it's frustrating that the ones who do, other than aMSa and probably some other Japanese players, just completely ignore Water Shuriken, which is an absolutely vital move for him because again, close range moveset isn't that solid. His down smash might be safe against most characters when spaced correctly, which would be really useful. But his utterly useless down B and luck-based side B really hold him back.

Puruzi

Banned
1v1 anyone? ID is HarimeNui

Just made a small Mii Fighter.
Holy shit why the absolute fuck does that character move at such insane speeds

jnWake

Any tips on killing off stage with Marth? Is fair his best option or should I be going for neutral airs?

In my opinion, best attacks are Fair and Bair. Both are somewhat fast and have a lot of range. You can also try to trick your opponent and wait for the air dodge and then use up B or maybe even dAir (it spikes, but it's hard to pull off and has a lot of lag so it's risky).

In any case, I don't feel Marth is great for offstage kills since his recovery isn't that good. You're better off waiting and trying to bait some Smash attacks or even a shield break. If you do go off stage, I'd go with Fair or Bair, maybe Uair too since it also has good range.

1v1 anyone? ID is HarimeNui

Just made a small Mii Fighter.
Holy shit why the absolute fuck does that character move at such insane speeds

Are you still looking for a match? I'd like to play!

And if he's not around, would anyone like to play? My NNID is the same as my GAF name.

Puruzi

Banned
Are you still looking for a match? I'd like to play!

And if he's not around, would anyone like to play? My NNID is the same as my GAF name.

I'm still around, you want customs on or nah?

I don't get this, can someone explain the joke to me? I am not a very funny person. >.>;;;

I made my own tiny Mii Fighter, and wow. What weight class are you guys using, because mine is as thin as it gets. :O

Mine is short and thin.
It moves at mach speed

killing that second stock by using phantom to slow the pk thunder recovery so ness can't reach is a complete accidental concept that is amazing

jorgejjvr

Does your Shulk Amiibo have a vision of when my Gamestop are getting their shipment of Shulk preorders?
LOL nope but I did get this

GameStop:Your Amiibo Shulk order available Wed PM. Info# 888-446-9209. End txt msgs reply STOP

I couldn't pass by yesterday, passed by today, and sure enough it was waiting there for me. And funny enough there was another guy there who also bought it. Then we had a chat. Cool ending to the day

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
LOL nope but I did get this

GameStop:Your Amiibo Shulk order available Wed PM. Info# 888-446-9209. End txt msgs reply STOP

I couldn't pass by yesterday, passed by today, and sure enough it was waiting there for me. And funny enough there was another guy there who also bought it. Then we had a chat. Cool ending to the day

Well mine should be there Friday at least. I got a call about them being available this afternoon but I guess not. They said they had their automated message system basically send a message to everyone who didn't get canceled.

So have we determined that 3DS 1.0.5 didn't have any actual balance changes? Seems like discussion on that just petered out kinda quickly. I know some people were claiming it nerfed Diddy Kong, but is that actually true?

Played a Mega Man who did NOTHING but alternate randomly between shooting, Crash Bomb, and Metal Blade. It made no sense, was incredibly ineffective, regularly didn't get a KO until over 200%, and was still difficult to beat. I have no idea how people find the time to play like this.

Haha, I was going to say that sounds like me except I also make judicial use of all his airs too, so it probably wasn't. Still, Mega Man is so fun to play and incredibly obnoxious when you play him well. I love it.

FSLink

Banned
So have we determined that 3DS 1.0.5 didn't have any actual balance changes? Seems like discussion on that just petered out kinda quickly. I know some people were claiming it nerfed Diddy Kong, but is that actually true?

Haha, I was going to say that sounds like me except I also make judicial use of all his airs too, so it probably wasn't. Still, Mega Man is so fun to play and incredibly obnoxious when you play him well. I love it.

Greninja lost his running Shadow Sneak tech.

GGs Shamrock. Ness mirrors are a blast.

Great games. Yea It's a weird matchup, lol. It's funny because Ness pretty much cancels all the good things Ness can do in a ditto.

shamrock how do I give advice to lesser players

I feel like I'm failing at it and basically saying "don't get hit"

Honestly, when a person is really bad, it has to do with their reaction timing, reflexes, etc. They have to get better at reacting quickly to what the opponent is doing. Then they have to learn how to read an opponent. Actually learning their character doesn't really come into play until they correct the other stuff.

Edit: FSLink, thanks. My one problem with Pac is killing. I can rack up the damage but I am still having trouble sealing the deal. I will figure it out though

FSLink

Banned
Great games. Yea It's a weird matchup, lol. It's funny because Ness pretty much cancels all the good things Ness can do in a ditto.

Honestly, when a person is really bad, it has to do with their reaction timing, reflexes, etc. They have to get better at reacting quickly to what the opponent is doing. Then they have to learn how to read an opponent. Actually learning their character doesn't really come into play until they correct the other stuff.
Ness is the worst matchup for Ness lol

I usually just go Fox or Weegee or something just so I can avoid the silliness of the matchup.

You gotta use more bell I think, Apple is a good consistent kill at high percents but if the opponent knows about the arc it travels it, it can be hard to land it outside of edge guard situations. It's also pretty easy to get bell into item form and z-drop it and stuff and scare the opponent into it, or to run into a nair/fsmash/etc.

Cool thanks. Don't know how much it means to you, but I basically spent an hour tutoring a WFT main on thinking and not auto-piloting. I coulda just wailed on him for the whole time, but I didn't wanna leave him in a rough spot. Especially since I basically had to teach myself fundamentals with Melee. ><;;;

I'm still not the best teacher, but I know now it's about teaching the importance of reflexes and mental ability before technical ability. With a game like Sm4sh, it's especially easy to do so I'm kinda thankful for the lack of advanced techniques at this point in the game's life.

So um, have more people been playing with customs lately? What are everyone's thoughts?

Beats

So um, have more people been playing with customs lately? What are everyone's thoughts?

Now that Apex 2015 has come and gone lots of people are pushing to get them at more offline tournaments, but I don't know if it will work out. I've been playing with them regularly since the 3ds launch and they're cool. There are a few characters that don't really get much from them though unfortunately, but there are some characters that become a lot better when using the right custom setup.

Nabster92

Yea I'm not quite looking forward to customs either :/ Rosalina does get the shooting star bit falco laser type thing, but I don't think that's worth having to learn so many new combinations of things for an already relatively new game with lots of matchups still left to learn without factoring customs in.

Also things like DK's ridiculous up B tornado seem a bit overly silly. My friend insta KO'd me one time at like 6% with it because the wind just launched me straight diagonally down stupidly fast.

Anyways, anyone down to play a few?

Top Bottom