• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

holy shit was that a 2-stock

Mario finally has something the opponent can respect. About fucking time, I was worried he had to stay second fiddle to fucking Luigi the whole game, lol.

Vena

holy shit was that a 2-stock

Mario finally has something the opponent can respect. About fucking time, I was worried he had to stay second fiddle to fucking Luigi the whole game, lol.

Some customs are totally just ripped straight from PM, and I laugh at that fact.

I quoted you because I could.

Damn nabster, if you wanted to leave that badly I wasn't gonna make you stay. D:

Good games bro, Mario is a really fun guy to play with, and I even took some matches off you with him. :) You're as solid as ever though, and you exposed some bad habits of mine that needed correcting ASAP. Hope you had fun!

Great uair to end the match.

Good games! You definitely got better throughout all the matches, as you beat my Yoshi a few times. I sucked with Lucina xD For improvement, you should probably use bouncing fish more. It is safe on shields, and you get do aerials out of it. Short hop and fair is also good, I believe.

I feel like Bouncing Fish is a bad move. If it's safe on shield then I'll use it more often. As for short hop fair I believe that if done perfectly it is safe. Otherwise an opponent can punish with a grab.

Yoshi is a powerhouse. When I get hit once I can feel the pain.

Nabster92

Damn nabster, if you wanted to leave that badly I wasn't gonna make you stay. D:

Good games bro, Mario is a really fun guy to play with, and I even took some matches off you with him. :) You're as solid as ever though, and you exposed some bad habits of mine that needed correcting ASAP. Hope you had fun!

GG's. Yea I've been trying to experiment more with Rosalina's n-air so apologies if I was a bit spammy with it. Was good to see you punishing it with up-b out of shield. Haven't had enough people punish me at that point of it because they're too afraid of getting hit since they don't understand the hitboxes with Luma and all. So they stay in shield until they think it's over, but they think it's over too soon and just get hit by the end of it anyways.

Anyways, definitely had fun! Just need to sleep soon since it's past midnight and I still wanna watch today's episode of Tokyo Ghoul before I sleep.

I feel like Bouncing Fish is a bad move. If it's safe on shield then I'll use it more often. As for short hop fair I believe that if done perfectly it is safe. Otherwise an opponent can punish with a grab.

Yoshi is a powerhouse. When I get hit once I can feel the pain.

Bouncing Fish is vital to Sheik, and is one of the reasons she is top tier. It is practically unpunishable, and it can do some amazing things.

Yeah, there were times where I would fair you, and it would be downhill from there 'cause you didn't tech. But I also play a very aggressive Yoshi, so I take a bunch of damage myself.

I see bouncing fish like a ground tatsu from Ryu. Like it's great when it hits but I look stupid when the player dodges and punishes it. I will use it more often outside of recovery.

GG's. Yea I've been trying to experiment more with Rosalina's n-air so apologies if I was a bit spammy with it. Was good to see you punishing it with up-b out of shield. Haven't had enough people punish me at that point of it because they're too afraid of getting hit since they don't understand the hitboxes with Luma and all. So they stay in shield until they think it's over, but they think it's over too soon and just get hit by the end of it anyways.

Anyways, definitely had fun! Just need to sleep soon since it's past midnight and I still wanna watch today's episode of Tokyo Ghoul before I sleep.

lol I understand, I get like that too sometimes. Ya, the tricky part about nair isn't the hitboxes, but Luma being there and potentially interfering. I had to get in a sweetspot where I was right below you to hit you with upb out of shield, otherwise I eat shield damage and potentially a grab.

Also I hate the Animal Crossing stages now, their side blast zones feel really far out there when you're a Mario. ;__;

Go go man, I should sleep too so I can wake up to a new Monster Hunter tomorrow!

JCX

Don't get me wrong, I like Smashville. I really do. It's what I generally pick as a first stage just because it's the super common thing to do. I just also like mixing it up.

It's one of my favorites from Brawl. Can't beat Go KK Rider! My favorites are almost always moving stages - Mute City (Melee), Poke Floats, Skyloft.

Best FD stage is Palutena's temple. Not a single bad background track..

Reminds of something I've been wondering for a bit. Does anyone still play on Final Destination FD much anymore?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is the best way to get customs with amiibos?

Crazy Orders is my preferred way. It's the best way to mass collect customs in the beginning and it's the best way to grind individual character customs (use the character and you have a chance to get a custom from any of the 2-3 drop ones, usually after 10); Even better than All-Star.

Speaking of which.. I'm down to 2 hats remaining (Pirate Hat and Wario) and 5 custom moves, one apiece for 5 different characters. It won't be long now... I hope.

Puruzi

Banned
Is the best way to get customs with amiibos?

step 1- play a quick regular smash game vs cpu as the character you want moves for
step 2- 1-player target smash (i go with stage1 because it's easy) again using character you want moves for
step 3- as soon as it starts, pause, see if there is a green wrench icon on screen. If not, hit lz/rz to reset stage until there is. Hit the green wrench with bomb.
repeat step3 until you have all customs or girlfriend flips out from listening to REAAADY???GOOOOOO on repeat for 45 minutes.
This will give you a custom, equipment, or cosmetic every time. You can easily get a few wrenches a minute. Nothing guaranteed, but it will HEAVILY favor specials for the character you're playing, even more so if you've "been playing" them (which is why you play a match with them before doing this). Also favors other characters you play often over those you don't, from my experience.

Been doing this, works really well.

Top Bottom