• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Puruzi

Banned
No! Awful games! You didn't taunt once! Everything is serious bidness! Like Subspace!

Good games! What kind of connection are you on? And were you just picking random? You were good with everyone you used.

hm, dunno why I don't taunt

Was there input lag? I didn't have any, but if there was on your end it was probably my fault, I'm using wireless so sorry if there was. I don't pick random because all I get is G&W and Olimar :X. I don't really think about who I pick though, I just move around the cursor until I land on a character I know how to play as.

RomanceDawn

hm, dunno why I don't taunt

Was there input lag? I didn't have any, but if there was on your end it was probably my fault, I'm using wireless so sorry if there was. I don't pick random because all I get is G&W and Olimar :X. I don't really think about who I pick though, I just move around the cursor until I land on a character I know how to play as.

It's all good. I didn't feel input lag but I did feel a few hiccups from time to time. Nothing game breaking.

Taunts are the best! Make a pun, joke or anything related to your mains and let the hilarity begin! Plus I love Seeing those animations! When you fight me my only request is to taunt. I've heard it steps up your game at least 50%. Imagine I didn't taunt Donkey Kong's award winning "U got DKO'd" or "you're fired!" from Charizard? I would have lost 100% of the time. Those are just the facts. Oh and let's not forget the greatest Ninja Turtles reference of all time from Bowser, "I LUV BN A TURTLE!"

Trust me, I know how these things work.

Puruzi

Banned
It's all good. I didn't feel input lag but I did feel a few hiccups from time to time. Nothing game breaking.

Taunts are the best! Make a pun, joke or anything related to your mains and let the hilarity begin! Plus I love Seeing those animations! When you fight me my only request is to taunt. I've heard it steps up your game at least 50%. Imagine I didn't taunt Donkey Kong's award winning "U got DKO'd" or "you're fired!" from Charizard? I would have lost 100% of the time. Those are just the facts. Oh and let's not forget the greatest Ninja Turtles reference of all time from Bowser, "I LUV BN A TURTLE!"

Alright, time to think up some taunt text to use

Only taunt I need is the Zelda wave. When someone is flying out the side you just wave at them.

NooM

Banned
Anyone wants to get some games going? No items or items or whatever.

NINID: LunaticoX.

I have a room open for anyone to join. I also have some awesome custom maps.

Cool, I signed up for Ranbat Season 2.

Someone explain to me what a ranbat is.
Ranbat is short for "random battle." During a season, you'll be placed in a bracket with a bunch of other people. Every week, you're obligated to play one other person in your bracket. It can be whoever's available at the time, which is what makes it a random battle. You get a point for winning, and nothing for losing. You're allowed to play "ahead of schedule," so to speak, by playing more than one person in a week. It's beneficial, so you don't have to worry about deadlines and arranging matches with others when there's only one week left.

If you continue to participate, it will be your skill that decides which bracket you'll be in, so go and do your best!

Ricky 7

I just started using a wired connection and I can't even tell the difference from wireless. In fact I think the wired one stutters more. >_<

Boney

Banned
It's a shame Samus's taunts aren't that good. The one where she touches the visor and gives you a goodbye is kinda cool, but the missile one and the aim at both sides are pretty lame

It's a shame Samus's taunts aren't that good. The one where she touches the visor and gives you a goodbye is kinda cool, but the missile one and the aim at both sides are pretty lame

The missile one actually looks really cool if you watch it in slow motion. It's just that she isn't doing anything so it's pretty boring.

I know we have that IRC chat, but it seems very limited for what we need. I have set up a chat over at Anther's Ladder www.smashladder.com

It is an awesome site for us to set up matches using tourney rules. Lots of options.
All you have to do is set up a username, go to the main chat. There is a little plus sign above the chat window. Click it, and type "neogaf" as the chatroom name. Should work. Let's try and get all the regulars on there.

SoldnerKei

I hated Link's taunt in Melee, I was so happy that his 64 taunt was back in brawl and this one

but my true taunt is throwing a bomb in the air, doing his up taunt, catching the bomb before it hits the ground... thou in sm4sh bombs last a shorter period of time so I have to throw it right after or I'll bomb myself lol

I know we have that IRC chat, but it seems very limited for what we need. I have set up a chat over at Anther's Ladder www.smashladder.com

It is an awesome site for us to set up matches using tourney rules. Lots of options.
All you have to do is set up a username, go to the main chat. There is a little plus sign above the chat window. Click it, and type "neogaf" as the chatroom name. Should work. Let's try and get all the regulars on there.

this sounds like a pretty good idea, also protip in case someone didn't know:

you can access the Wii U home menu without going outside the online menu, just go to your For Glory Statistics(where you can see your win % ratio and stuff) and press the home button there, this way you won't have to reconnect again after you add someone

FSLink

Banned
Sorry man. When I'm taunted I taunt back... Times 20

Just the way I've always done it

After playing UMvC3, anything scumbag-ish in this game is so tame, lol. Also side taunting as Shulk or Captain Falcon at any possible moment is how you play those characters in my opinion.

Trying to decide if I should join the ranbats this time around.

After playing UMvC3, anything scumbag-ish in this game is so tame, lol. Also side taunting as Shulk or Captain Falcon at any possible moment is how you play those characters in my opinion.

Trying to decide if I should join the ranbats this time around.
Haha, couldn't agree more. I don't even edge guard as Falcon, I just taunt until they make it back.

TWILT

Banned
It really is lol. Not to mention all the hate mail I've gotten...

And as a Shulk main, I agree :p

RomanceDawn

GGs Romance. Your characters are definitely improving.

Yours are as good as ever but I don't remember so much lag during our 3DS plays.

I notice if you lose one you switch to Ness. Is that your go to when making sure the opponent doesn't get a winning streak? Hahaha.

Have you thought about getting one of the LAN adapters? Or is it one of those cases where the Wii U isn't in a good location for it?

Yours are as good as ever but I don't remember so much lag during our 3DS plays.

I notice if you lose one you switch to Ness. Is that your go to when making sure the opponent doesn't get a winning streak? Hahaha.

Have you thought about getting one of the LAN adapters? Or is it one of those cases where the Wii U isn't in a good location for it?

I was actually switching to Ness to "OK" taunt a million timesafter you would taunt me during a match lol, Usually I play a character for a few rounds.

I didn't notice much lag. I thought it was quite fine actually.

Did I miss signing up for ranbat season 2? darnit!

Anyway, I'm on here to prove that drunk smash is best smash. That is, I am objectively better at smash when I am drunk. Anyone willing to test this hypothesis?

NNID: JourneywalkerLLC

Top Bottom