• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

SoldnerKei

Ooh. You can actually hold the jumping inhale!

yeah, didn't know that either

gonna use some falcon, dunno if his customs are good, but I don't have any set with him, only a smoothlanding with close to zero stats, but not gonna use that lol

did kirby got stuck for a bit on that part of the stage? xD

SoldnerKei

Meteor Rock sucks, too much end and start lagg.

Okay last round, and then I go bed!

yeah, kinda late over here too

Good games Vena, I haven't mess around much with custom so it was great to play with them, a lot of characters feel kind different indeed , Ganon is pretty awesome with those customs, again GGs

Vena

yeah, kinda late over here too

Good games Vena, I haven't mess around much with custom so it was great to play with them, a lot of characters feel kind different indeed , Ganon is pretty awesome with those customs, again GGs

I like just fucking around with customs to learn what they even do haha. GGs as always.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Puruzi. You're really good with all your characters. I kept SDing because I kept getting side special when I wanted up, bleh oh well gotta stop doing that. >_<

Hyper Monado Shulk is so fragile lol. Weird seeing him die to Pikachu's DSmash like that...

It's stupid that Greninja got nerfed 3 times as hard as anyone else when he wasn't even that strong of a character to begin with. If they don't fix his Water Shuriken recovery time and give him some kill power or new options, it's hopeless for him. His forward air has a major delay yet is weaker than several instant forward airs, his counter is a joke, Shadow Sneak has very few if any practical purposes outside of recovery, his forward tilt is so laggy it can be punished by some smashes. Just a complete mess of a character.

I feel like with all of the complaining, there isn't going to be much refinement to characters who just aren't any good. There are a good number of characters who need a bit more than what they have, but I don't see how we're going to get anything but nerfs in any patches.

SMASHGAF RANBAT SEASON 2 SURVEY POSTED.

ALL CURRENT AND NEW PLAYERS MUST FILL THE SURVEY OUT TO PARTICIPATE.

QUOTE THIS POST TO SEE THE SURVEY LINK - FILL IT OUT AND JOIN!

Boney

Banned
It's stupid that Greninja got nerfed 3 times as hard as anyone else when he wasn't even that strong of a character to begin with. If they don't fix his Water Shuriken recovery time and give him some kill power or new options, it's hopeless for him. His forward air has a major delay yet is weaker than several instant forward airs, his counter is a joke, Shadow Sneak has very few if any practical purposes outside of recovery, his forward tilt is so laggy it can be punished by some smashes. Just a complete mess of a character.

I feel like with all of the complaining, their isn't going to be much refinement to characters who just aren't any good. There are a good number of characters who need a bit more than what they have, but I don't see how we're going to get anything but nerfs in any patches.
Seeing I never got the 3DS version, I never got to see full powered Greninja, so when I actually tried him in the Wii U version, I was pretty confused as to what the fuzz was about. He feels incredibly hard to use withou any clear rewards. I guess his nair is pretty good...

Alright, getting in on this one. When is it starting?

But those hazards are so incredibly easy to avoid

Well, we can vote on it now. I just think it takes away from the "I earned that KO" feeling if your opponent gets caught in it. "Well, I did KO him, but a lot of his damage was from that laser" is not a thought I want to mull over after a match. This is why we don't use items.

That's what I thought until this Ganondorf ditto where I saw someone get hit during the earliest few frames of the attack :/

Does the No-Flinch equipment protect specials too?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So if I understand the Ranbat rules you only have to play 1 set per week?

How hard has it been to find available opponents for you guys each week? I have maybe two week nights that generally works best for me, would that be too tight?

So if I understand the Ranbat rules you only have to play 1 set per week?

How hard has it been to find available opponents for you guys each week? I have maybe two week nights that generally works best for me, would that be too tight?

Eh, it varies. Some weeks I knock out a few opponents (Or get knocked out by them, cough cough). Some weeks it seems like nobody's on.

random25

I just bought a GC adapter just to see how well I'll play Smash 4 using the Smash GC controller I bought as a collectible. And I just sucked badly lol. My muscle memory on the Wii U pro and 3DS messed up how I play using the old GC controls.

For those who have/had the same experience, any tips or best config to help adjust with the controls?

I just bought a GC adapter just to see how well I'll play Smash 4 using the Smash GC controller I bought as a collectible. And I just sucked badly lol. My muscle memory on the Wii U pro and 3DS messed up how I play using the old GC controls.

For those who have/had the same experience, any tips or best config to help adjust with the controls?

The things I change

Tap jump off
Y special

Thulius

Hi gaf

I feel like with all of the complaining, there isn't going to be much refinement to characters who just aren't any good. There are a good number of characters who need a bit more than what they have, but I don't see how we're going to get anything but nerfs in any patches.

Ok, relax... I'm just gonna tackle these in order.

Water shuriken is fine. Was the old one broken? Probably not, but it was obviously a little too strong in tandem with his other tools. Uncharged version still forces a lot of characters to approach and the charged version is still a strong cover for your own approach. It's not something that's spammable, but it's good as a light zoning tool.

As far as kill options go, his strongest ones are offstage. B-air and U-air are both multihit and come out near instantaneously, which means air dodging them is almost a complete guess. He has the fall speed and jump height to bait out air dodges and punish on reaction. He's clearly not designed as a character that's supposed to kill you from the middle of the stage and he'd just be silly if he could.

F-air has a huge, disjointed hitbox that makes it a strong option for punishing damaging recoveries that are risky to punish for lots of other characters. It has decent knockback which, combined with his jump height and ridiculous recovery, allows him to chase most characters very far offstage with next to no risk. It's not an air-ground pressure tool, that's what N-air and D-air are for.

Counter does kind of suck. It's an amazing punish for people that are too predictable with divekick style moves and... not much else. Shadow sneak is terrible on the ground, but it's a great aerial tool. Offensively it's a fairly safe option to throw out on people trying to land from above you and it's good for threatening recoveries. Defensively it can be used to mix up your own recovery while also making it dangerous for other characters to chase you offstage.

F-tilt is a long range poke that's very difficult to punish IF it's spaced properly, and it's even harder if you're far enough away to whiff. If your F-tilt is getting punished consistently then you're using it at ranges that you should be using D-tilts or jabs at. Its range easily makes it one of the stronger pivot F-tilts in the game.

His actual biggest weaknesses are his pathetically slow grab and the spike on the first hit of U-smash making it borderline useless against people standing on platforms above you. He has a lot of trouble against characters with strong aerial pressure like Sheik/ZSS/Mario/Fox who would otherwise need careful spacing to avoid getting shield grabbed out of everything, and his jab isn't quite good enough to make up for it. His mobility is more than enough to stay out of situations like that but most of those same characters have better zoning tools than him, so it's kind of a lose/lose situation.

tl;dr Greninja definitely takes some work, but he's a solid all-around character with a few very specific holes. I don't think you'll find anyone arguing that he's top tier but he's absolutely nowhere near a "complete mess."

RomanceDawn

GGs Romance, that was a really good DK you had, I don't see much of them at all

No! Awful games! You didn't taunt once! Everything is serious bidness! Like Subspace!

Good games! What kind of connection are you on? And were you just picking random? You were good with everyone you used.

Top Bottom