• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

NooM

Banned
Open room after 11pm EST. 4v4 or 1v1 or 2v2, lets do it. We can chat through Skype or or other app if needed.

NINID: LunaticoX

FSLink

Banned
Nah I meant with luigi, you whiffed two of those and I whiffed two
Punishes lol

It doesn't give you any insta kills, it ups your ko power

oh yeah, lol. Yeah it's supposed to be a true combo after dthrow, then I just tried to guess since you were too high percent to combo into it

GGs as always, Boney! Forgot I have to get up early in the morning, so have to stop. Laughed at some of the kills that happened, haha. Wish I got to play the Samus, though. :p

Jims

GGs Nabster.

Why do I make so many bad decisions? What is wrong with me? Am I just broken at this game? Why do I just refuse to grab the ledge? Why do I insist on doing cute things offscreen? I just do so many stupid things all the time when I know not to. I am so dumb. :(

Boney

Banned
GGs as always, Boney! Forgot I have to get up early in the morning, so have to stop. Laughed at some of the kills that happened, haha. Wish I got to play the Samus, though. :p
Should've told me you'd be getting ready to leave! Well good luck tomorrow, I won't be around to fight for another week again so uhm don't get too good ok?

You didn't pay with falco either! Was looking forward to that as well

Anyone up for some games? nnid:direct_quote
I am for a bit as it's late . Set up the room!

Nabster92

GGs Nabster.

Why do I make so many bad decisions? What is wrong with me? Am I just broken at this game? Why do I just refuse to grab the ledge? Why do I insist on doing cute things offscreen? I just do so many stupid things all the time when I know not to. I am so dumb. :(

GG's. Don't get too down about it. I attribute it to playing For Glory. When you play people that get hit by certain things you do all the time it sorta builds it as a habit for you since you subconsciously think it works well. Just takes some exposing of their openings enough times to work the habits off.

Jims

GG's. Don't get too down about it. I attribute it to playing For Glory. When you play people that get hit by certain things you do all the time it sorta builds it as a habit for you since you subconsciously think it works well. Just takes some exposing of their openings enough times to work the habits off.

You're right. I just felt kind of deflated by the time we got to that Marth fight at the end. It was just like... 1) You know I'm about to throw and egg and lunge back to the platform 2) I know that hasn't worked. Yet, I kept doing it over and over again. It's a trick that does work in For Glory frequently and for some reason I just couldn't shake it tonight. It was really bizarre. Behavior conditioning is a weird thing.

There were moments in the neutral game where I'd be, hey, I'm finally learning this Rosalina spacing. Don't jump throw the eggs. Backwards hop fair his approach. Abuse nair a lot. And then when I'd get you up to 80% and higher I would want to get cute and go for these risky fairs and dairs and stuff. I need to stop trying so hard and let the KO come to me. I feel like I'm getting there. I just need to stop doing dumb things and close out these stocks.

The matches were really smooth overall, though! Virtually no lag on my end. We gotta play again sometime so I can start correcting some of these things.

Boney

Banned
Alright man gg's you're really wising up to that old charge shot of mine. I'm really dozing off here so I gotta go. Been a lot of fun!
It was the most anticlimactic if final fights though

A rare assist trophy that we didn't knew about?
:p
It's like a nintendog you're trying to hit

Alright man gg's you're really wising up to that old charge shot of mine. I'm really dozing off here so I gotta go. Been a lot of fun!

It's like a nintendog you're trying to hit
Ok ggs, I think I have a pyschic connection with that reflect timing. edit: if anyone wants to 1v1 i'm game nnid:direct_quote

Boney

Banned
Ok ggs, I think I have a pyschic connection with that reflect timing. edit: if anyone wants to 1v1 i'm game nnid:direct_quote
Nah man, just like I know the good opportunities as to when to fire and punish my opponent or catch them of guard, a reflector has to know those same opportunities and punish whenever I get cocky and think you're not gonna be able to react. Good stuff with it, plus you are starting to know when I love to fire it.

DooD1234

Too much MH4U... cannot smash... must kill monsters.

...Smash!
I'm torn between hunting monsters and smashing and go karting just like you pal. I'm having a hard time completing single player game these days like Xenoblade and Earthbound that are just left incomplete.

I don't know if I can't pick a main because no one feels just right, or I just don't want to stick to one character. Too tempting to constantly switch around characters.
I felt the same way. Join ranbats. See who you win as. Main those characters.

I wasn't sure who my mains were until I got destroyed with everyone except Link and Sonic.

(I still got destroyed with them, but not 100% of the time!)

Are you Sam?
Great, another Sam :p

After playing UMvC3, anything scumbag-ish in this game is so tame, lol. Also side taunting as Shulk or Captain Falcon at any possible moment is how you play those characters in my opinion.

Trying to decide if I should join the ranbats this time around.
I prefer Captain Falcon's down taunt.

And yes. You will almost certainly do better than certain individuals... cough cough

I'm torn between hunting monsters and smashing and go karting just like you pal. I'm having a hard time completing single player game these days like Xenoblade and Earthbound that are just left incomplete.

Whaaaa. You must complete Earthbound! I am actually going through another replay of it right now.

Top Bottom