• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Puruzi

Banned
I am an avid RPG fan, and I have never played it for more than an hour. I tried once as a kid and quit because the combat is so bad.

0rmNiCV.png

Nope.

Nah, I have beaten Chrono Trigger and I'm working through P4G. ;)
LMAO

Karsticles, you better have played through P3FES before P4G, it's a wonderful experience despite the slight pacing issues near the end.

Also, I should confess that I also got bored of Earthbound after getting the first sound thing. Maybe I'll give it another go one day, but it didn't do much for me.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Any good videos/hints for a Duck Hunt player? I'm holding my own online but when people get inside I have a lot of trouble protecting myself. I also have a problem actually smashing someone after I've done 100%+ damage. Duck Hunt's smash attacks seem too slow to recover from.

Also, any tips on how to properly side-volley smash (not sure of the correct term here) would be great. I keep suiciding when I even try. The proper way is to use the C-stick (down) correct? I see some characters who bounce off their opponent with a successful hit, while Duck Hunt's momentum takes him into the pit with his opponent.

Xrd online is so dead. :(

I might play Smash if I can't get Xrd going. Takers?

LMAO

Karsticles, you better have played through P3FES before P4G, it's a wonderful experience despite the slight pacing issues near the end.

Also, I should confess that I also got bored of Earthbound after getting the first sound thing. Maybe I'll give it another go one day, but it didn't do much for me.
Both P3 versions have issues that bother me. I am going to wait for a "Golden" version. I have so much stuff to do and play that it isn't an issue. I can wait a decade if I need to. I am patient.

I have Earthbound I got from Club Nintendo. Should get around to trying it sometime; really enjoyed Mother 3.

Ah, how've you been enjoying P4G? It's one of my favorite JRPGs.
P4G is pretty fantastic. I am putting it at #2 on my GOAT list,I think. Still have to finish it, though. I am in December.

I will probably get Earthbound as well. I need to register like 6 games. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm torn between hunting monsters and smashing and go karting just like you pal. I'm having a hard time completing single player game these days like Xenoblade and Earthbound that are just left incomplete.

You really need to finish both but I'm not forcing you tho. I just finished Xenoblade recently. I would like to think that it just revived my love for RPG again so I already started playing more RPG lately than I used to for last few years. Fighting genre kinda took over for awhile since I don't have to worry about finding a save points, etc since I don't have a lot of times in past.

Whaaaa. You must complete Earthbound! I am actually going through another replay of it right now.

I really need to start my second playthrough. I bought it on VC like few weeks before Club Nintendo decided to offer Earthbound as coins reward. :(

I'm happy that people are getting it now so they can be more familiar with Mother franchise! :)

LMAO

Did people said that some contents got cut from P3 to PSFES? I'm not sure which version I should go with. P3 or P3FES?

Still marveling at my Shulk Amiibo.

Yep, it was one of most detailed amiibo at the moment. I really feeling it!

Xrd online is so dead. :(

I might play Smash if I can't get Xrd going. Takers?

P4G is pretty fantastic. I am putting it at #2 on my GOAT list,I think. Still have to finish it, though. I am in December.

I'm considering to buy Guilty Gear XRD for 20 dollars (PS Flash Sale) but I'm curious with the fact why is XRD online dead? I heard that there was an issue with online service but I would imagine that they resolved that right?

What is your number #1 on GOAT list?

NotLiquid

So uh, some "screenshots" surfaced up on 4chan of Rayman in Smash Bros. It has Mewtwo in the Character Select.

Taking these with a giant grain of salt. Most likely fake, but that render and those screens looks really, really convincing. And those eye brows are kind of a weird thing to exaggerate if it were a fan made thing.

Either way if fake, it's pretty cool to see.

EDIT: Just some notes, Rayman's "franchise icon" is a Lum. The character design is mostly similar to the trophy, but his pose is also a clear reference to the original box art of the first Rayman, which is some nice addition to detail I haven't seen replicated elsewhere. I'm leaning on fake because the material is incredibly conservative and there's no video like the ESRB leak, but it goes without saying that it's really damn impressive and whoever made it did their homework.

DooD1234

So uh, some "screenshots" surfaced up on 4chan of Rayman in Smash Bros. It has Mewtwo in the Character Select.

Taking these with a giant grain of salt. Most likely fake, but that render and those screens looks really, really convincing. And those eye brows are kind of a weird thing to exaggerate if it were a fan made thing.

Yo them eyebrows are thick. Reminds me of Japanese Ratchet where they made his eyebrows extra thick to appeal to the Japanese crowd. Calling fake until gameplay leak like Shulk and Bowser Jr come out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, that's interesting. I'm staying neutral this time because I don't really care about it.

Not gunna believe it, but those are some well done images if they are fake.

jnWake

Interesting images.

Rayman isn't a big character like Mega Man, Pac Man or Sonic but he fits the Smash look. I also think he could have a cool moveset and his inclussion is believable because of the trophies.

In any case, if this is true then it'd put the old debate of "only Mewtwo for DLC" and would mean we can get cool DLC characters! Snake, Wolf and Lucas I'll wait for you!

That CSS has some issues.

There's only 2 spots left on the Wii U CSS to form a perfect square as that image implies (it shows no resizing). One space at the first row, and one at the final row.

So basically, in order for Captain Falcon AND Rayman to exist in the same (bottom) row, they'd have to either move Doc up with the Mario characters or adjust one of the one-off characters up to the top row.

Which obviously isn't impossible and Doc would work better at the top row, but it's just a minor issue with the CSS in that image.

GGs. Sonic and Falco are my mains, but I'm working on WFT and Dark Pit at the moment for secondaries.

Also, nice Palutena you have. I just feel bad for the character because of her killing options. Really hurts her.
Yah I think for Palutena you almost have to play some kind of off stage game, but I always gimp myself when I try because teleport isn't unreliable...

You really need to finish both but I'm not forcing you tho. I just finished Xenoblade recently. I would like to think that it just revived my love for RPG again so I already started playing more RPG lately than I used to for last few years. Fighting genre kinda took over for awhile since I don't have to worry about finding a save points, etc since I don't have a lot of times in past.

I really need to start my second playthrough. I bought it on VC like few weeks before Club Nintendo decided to offer Earthbound as coins reward. :(

I'm happy that people are getting it now so they can be more familiar with Mother franchise! :)

Did people said that some contents got cut from P3 to PSFES? I'm not sure which version I should go with. P3 or P3FES?

Yep, it was one of most detailed amiibo at the moment. I really feeling it!

I'm considering to buy Guilty Gear XRD for 20 dollars (PS Flash Sale) but I'm curious with the fact why is XRD online dead? I heard that there was an issue with online service but I would imagine that they resolved that right?

What is your number #1 on GOAT list?
Chrono Trigger is #1!

Xrd online is fine. I was just looking in the wrong place. I played about 30 matches this morning. Somehow I got a 14 match streak despite being awful. I highly recommend buying it. Fantastic game.

There's a full 11 person roster in Bracket 2. I still have two matches left. But honestly I'm all about just moving on unless Falawful and JagsRock really want to complete this. As I'm all for a fresh start given my current 1-8 record.
At the very least, I need to let the bracket run until the scheduled conclusion.

NotLiquid

That CSS has some issues.

There's only 2 spots left on the Wii U CSS to form a perfect square as that image implies (it shows no resizing). One space at the first row, and one at the final row.

So basically, in order for Captain Falcon AND Rayman to exist in the same (bottom) row, they'd have to either move Doc up with the Mario characters or adjust one of the one-off characters up to the top row.

Which obviously isn't impossible and Doc would work better at the top row, but it's just a minor issue with the CSS in that image.

Good point. If that did happen it'd also make sense for Lucina to ditch the clone corner, but she's not with the FE reps.

Good point. If that did happen it'd also make sense for Lucina to ditch the clone corner, but she's not with the FE reps.

That can't happen without an entire CSS redesign or the breaking of the chronological order of the series. Lucina and Dark Pit occupy the same row, which only has one moveable character on it (Duck Hunt), so it would be impossible to fit both of them.

Also, with that note, Doc moving is the ONLY way this CSS works. Captain Falcon can't be up on the first row because it breaks the chronological order. To move a one-off character up, they'd have to move Duck Hunt to the first row and ROB where Duck Hunt was. Otherwise the order of one offs is broken.

The only way this could work is Doc moving to the Mario characters, or them breaking the set order the series are in.

Top Bottom