• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Jagsrock

Banned
I'm out, that was extremely fun tonight my friends. Especially after playing for glory 1v1 constantly. Free for all and team matches like that are very refreshing. Hope to do it again soon. GGs all around!

Good games, Jagsrock! I had a lot of fun!

Actually, I think I'm going to stop here too. I'm tired and it's really late here in the East Coast, USA.

Good games, dragon! And the other guy. :)

Arkanius

I have finally impulse bought the game + a Wii Pro Controller.
I'm really bad at it though like always, there is something about Jump being Up that makes my brain go crazy. I also never manage to hit with Smash attacks.

Is there a tutorial I can do and learn all the mechanics correctly?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have finally impulse bought the game + a Wii Pro Controller.
I'm really bad at it though like always, there is something about Jump being Up that makes my brain go crazy. I also never manage to hit with Smash attacks.

Is there a tutorial I can do and learn all the mechanics correctly?

You should disable up-tilt jump in controls config imo

The game doesn't really do tutorials, but controls are fairly basic. Play training mode with a character until you feel comfortable with him/her. Don't do what I do and go straight for classic mode/online as it's too hectic to learn characters properly

Gurrry

Hey guys, so im about to goto target and do their buy 1 get 1 40% off deal.

I am planning on getting Smash pricematched with Frys first though (40 bucks).

We are having a little get together and I need FOUR controllers. I was reading online that you can use a myriad of devices as controllers.

Currently, I have a Gamepad and a 3DS with a copy of smash. So that should be 2, right? Then I can use 2 wiimotes as well, right? Or do I need something else? Will I need the sensor bar to be able to play using the wiimotes (without nunchucks)?

Also - Anyone have any issues pricematching Frys at Target?

Stopdoor

Hey guys, so im about to goto target and do their buy 1 get 1 40% off deal.

I am planning on getting Smash pricematched with Frys first though (40 bucks).

We are having a little get together and I need FOUR controllers. I was reading online that you can use a myriad of devices as controllers.

Currently, I have a Gamepad and a 3DS with a copy of smash. So that should be 2, right? Then I can use 2 wiimotes as well, right? Or do I need something else? Will I need the sensor bar to be able to play using the wiimotes (without nunchucks)?

Also - Anyone have any issues pricematching Frys at Target?

Yeah, Gamepad, 3DS, 2 wiimotes will work - though I find most people aren't a fan of using the d-pad for movement with plain wiimotes. You don't need a sensor bar because no pointing is required.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Yup, I'm just setting up my connection to cabled and adding you and I'm down.

EDIT : Friend Request sent Karsticles!

I like you already.

With Ness, or who? I was surprised you never used Ness against me last night. Though your Mii Fighter gives me more trouble, I think.

Just as you left I was switching to Ness.

Yea. A lot of Sonic players have a tendency to play hit and run. Against certain players who can't punish when they run, It essentially is a long long game that usually goes to time. A lot of Sonic players will get a lead and try to time you out, as was the case with this guy.

Akainu

not the biggest smash fan but i like little mac. i sometime keep overshooting one of his attacks and falling off stages. lol

Sorry man, that just isn't worth playing in.

Just tap jab like I do, and see how long it takes to come out.

Just as you left I was switching to Ness.

Yea. A lot of Sonic players have a tendency to play hit and run. Against certain players who can't punish when they run, It essentially is a long long game that usually goes to time. A lot of Sonic players will get a lead and try to time you out, as was the case with this guy.
Ah, gotcha.

Hatchtag

Banned
Are the PDP GC-esque Classic Controllers or Afterglow Pro Controllers at all worth it for Smash 4? Debating picking one up.

Game's a blast though, having a lot of fun with it so far. Little Mac the goat. He's still fun to play as, though I don't like him as much on the larger stages where recovery is more important.

Top Bottom