• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Tesseract

Banned
i need to put serious time into this game to get on y'all's levels. anyone got links to starter fundamentals videos, character strats, etcetera?

i only briefly played melee before dipping into 4.

tansut's sonic is a wrecking ball, i got 3-ousted numerous times!

Tansut

You're way out of my league tansut, gg. I'm still scrub tier, getting caught in a web of grabs and uairs. Too much street fighter in my blood!

I think I hit you a few times in that last game!

No excuses here, you whipped my ass. Awesome sonic!

*edit* my bad on rule slips, won't happen again.
GGs dude! You'll get there eventually!

beta_fuse

Can anyone let me know how to edit the google docs for the ranbats? I need to put in my score versus BigFwoosh but I don't know how. Thanks in advance!

FluxWaveZ

Same, GGs as always. I simply cannot keep up with Sonic, he can take advantage on the lag on basically everything lol.

Was gonna do some friendlies after but I can play someone else, anyone up for a few more before I'm done for the day?

Yeah, you gotta play it safe with him since, like you said, Sonic can easily get in to punish any move with a relatively short amount of recovery. When you were playing Yoshi against him, I think you should have abused his egg throwing more because that really messes with Sonic's momentum on, well, anything.

And sorry, that was pretty much my last one for now. Looking forward to playing you in the future, though.

Griss

Does anyone know how to track win/loss records in local multi? I enter my name, my family members enter theirs, but I can't see where to track our stats. All the previous Smash Bros. let you do this, so I'm probably being stupid.

SolarKnight(SolarKnightR)
SquirrelNuckle(SquirrelNuckle)

Still need to play these 2 for the bracket. Let me know if you can play tonight

Falawful

GGs SuperBowser! We're pretty evenly matched. Which is why I think we were both trying to set up a Yoshi ditto but it never worked out lol. Maybe next time.

fun games falawful! wanted to play more but my dad started streaming some cricket and i think it was lagging. i really wanted to practice plat more ganon against you :p

my mum was spectating the games making it hard to concentrate. she came out with some real gems:

1. As I kill donkey kong, she looks surprised and says "I thought you wanted to be donkey kong. Why did you kill him? Look, now he's clapping for you, he's so cute"
2. What is a "falawful". What kind of name is that. It should be falafel.
3. I can't take this game seriously. Look, there's liquid fire pouring in the background.
4. Hey, why is the dog dying. This game is horrible.

my mum's knowledge of videogames extends to the NES days. I was surprised she even recognised donkey kong lol.

Cronox

Banned
So I got my Hori Battle Pad last night and I think it'll be my controller going forward. I just couldn't deal with analog triggers being attached to digital actions on the gamecube controller. The depth for shield activation and attempting short hops with the right trigger was a recipe for frustration. So many times I've hit the ground and gotten punished because I didn't tech - I missed the timing with the damn triggers.

My comments on playing with the battle pad:

-Almost the exact same mold as a gamecube controller. Literally the only difference is the lines that connect the top/bottom halves are slightly different, and the screw holes are in different places.
-Wired connection to wiimote, works as a classic controller. I haven't noticed any lag, honestly having digital triggers is more important than some kind of "must be wired for tournaments" mindset.
-Triggers not quite as ergonomically comfortable as the gamecube, but I've gotten used to them already.
-Sticks don't have quite as much resistance as the gamecube controller. The top of the left stick is a little more flat compared to the slightly more rounded GC controller. C-stick is pretty much exactly the same as Nintendo's.
-Face buttons are a bit stiff, takes more pressure than GC controller to depress them.
-No rumble
-Red/blue or green/blue ("Luigi" controller) colors make it look more like a toy. Even worse for the upcoming "Pikachu" version...
-4 shoulder buttons, not sure what I'll do with the top left one...
-D-pad is larger, but also a bit stiff.
-Lighter than the GC controller because it doesn't have the rumble motors' weight.
-Plastic matte looks/feels fine, but I've noticed my hands getting sweatier when holding it than the GC controller.

All in all, there are a few things that aren't as nice, mostly the face buttons being stiff and my hands getting sweaty. But the triggers are already helping me properly tech when I hit the ground and more easily short hop - it's a huge improvement in that sense. I feel a little silly now that I got the Smash edition that came with a Smash-branded GC controller (which is still unopened) and the gamecube adapter when this is the controller that works best... I suppose if I have friends over the adapter can still be useful though.

Falawful

fun games falawful! wanted to play more but my dad started streaming some cricket and i think it was lagging. i really wanted to practice plat more ganon against you :p

my mum was spectating the games making it hard to concentrate. she came out with some real gems:

1. As I kill donkey kong, she looks surprised and says "I thought you wanted to be donkey kong. Why did you kill him? Look, now he's clapping for you, he's so cute"
3. I can't take this game seriously. Look, there's liquid fire pouring in the background.

my mum's knowledge of videogames extends to the NES days. I was surprised she even recognised donkey kong lol.

Hehehe that's good stuff.

and now I feel bad for attacking a dog

forgot the best bit of the lava line.

She went on to say: "This is SO unrealistic. Look at that liquid fire. They should be worried about the fire instead of fighting. Look!"

That's adorable, haha.

Top Bottom