• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Tesseract

Banned
oh god, i got a lot of games to play today

anyone in my bracket wanna go?

i''ll repost every hour until i nab someone for best of 5

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, so im about to goto target and do their buy 1 get 1 40% off deal.

I am planning on getting Smash pricematched with Frys first though (40 bucks).

We are having a little get together and I need FOUR controllers. I was reading online that you can use a myriad of devices as controllers.

Currently, I have a Gamepad and a 3DS with a copy of smash. So that should be 2, right? Then I can use 2 wiimotes as well, right? Or do I need something else? Will I need the sensor bar to be able to play using the wiimotes (without nunchucks)?

Also - Anyone have any issues pricematching Frys at Target?

That'll work, though you should consider getting a pro controller to replace 3ds, and two classic pro for your wiimotes if you plan to play regularly.

Or ultimate: 4 gc controllers and the adapter if you can find one online

Well played man! I'm officially a scrub, I had fun though.
Don't worry, play enough against GAF and you'll get better. I experienced that myself. You should join in some GAF FFA or 2v2 games, those are great fun :p. Anyway, 1 thing you should watch out for is spamming moves that are easily punished, like the constant down airs with Toon Link and G&W. You did it every time you were above me so it was easy to bait it out. Same thing with neutral B punch of Little Mac.

beta_fuse

Man I really like DK but he's so hard to use. Every attack has some lag and he's vulnerable if he misses. Really need to find out what's the best way to use him.

And LOLOLOL AT that last match!!!!

beta_fuse

Wow my tv screensaver went on during that one lol sorry.

Hey great games Brqan! I'm getting off for a bit but I defs would like to keep practicing with characters. I haven't played that many matches in a row with a character I'm not too familiar with in a while. Keep practicing with Palutena you're already getting better!!

Brqan

Wow my tv screensaver went on during that one lol sorry.

Hey great games Brqan! I'm getting off for a bit but I defs would like to keep practicing with characters. I haven't played that many matches in a row with a character I'm not too familiar with in a while. Keep practicing with Palutena you're already getting better!!
thanks you Dk wore me out!! too good with those forward airs.

Tesseract

Banned
gg tat, i got dominated.

Was laughing at the meteors and all, so fun was had.

I thought it was 2 stock, my bad

*edit* it's not best of five?

Did someone change the rules?

gg tat, i got dominated.

It is first to 5, not best of 5. Big difference.

It started 2 stock, but I changed it to 3 before we started due to popular request.

Falawful

gg tat, i got dominated.

If by rules you're referring to the amount of matches required to win a ranbat, no it's always been best 5-out-of-9, or FT5, however you want to call it.

Got the game for christmas and while I'm enjoying it, I have some problems with the controls (it is my first smash game). My main issue is that I am not able to position my character precisely because with my "non-sensitive" way of handling the analog stick, he/she/it will immediately start running and then not stop at the place where I want. This is especially annoying when I want to readjust my position just slightly.
Do you guys have any tips for that?

Tesseract

Banned
You're way out of my league tansut, gg. I'm still scrub tier, getting caught in a web of grabs and uairs. Too much street fighter in my blood!

I think I hit you a few times in that last game!

No excuses here, you whipped my ass. Awesome sonic!

*edit* my bad on rule slips, won't happen again.

Top Bottom