• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

FSLink

Banned
I'm 4-1 right now thanks to that Custom.

shrub you the real mvp
9jBmg.png

Yeah I consider it one of the best custom moves in the game, next to Sonic's Hammer Spin Dash, DK's Kong Cyclone and Palutena's Super Speed. Once more people play with customs, I expect tons of salt from that custom, lol.

Yeah I consider it one of the best custom moves in the game, next to Sonic's Hammer Spin Dash, DK's Kong Cyclone and Palutena's Super Speed. Once more people play with customs, I expect tons of salt from that custom, lol.

that thing has a pretty notable drawback, it's better as a troll against people that don't know what it does

Lucario's vaccuum ball and WFT's multi-hit Sun Salutation are crazy good, too. Bowser gets crap in comparison. -_-

Boney

Banned
Seeing I got no internet for a week I was busy today unlocking costum moves... It's one of the worst grinds I've ever done

Dreavus

Any tips for 9.0 Classic with no customs? I've come very close a few times with Mario and Marth, but always seems to get screwed on the boss fight.

This one and the "beat 9.0 without losing a stock (but with customizations)" are going to be my bane.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Any tips for 9.0 Classic with no customs? I've come very close a few times with Mario and Marth, but always seems to get screwed on the boss fight.

This one and the "beat 9.0 without losing a stock (but with customizations)" are going to be my bane.

I think Dedede might be best for 9.0 without custom since Gordo is beast against most of characters including Master/Crazy Hands and Master Core.

Hey Jagsrock, looks like you're behind in the ranbats now. Try getting your match with Steve Y, he's on the most of your remaining opponents.

Ha. Well, I should qualify that by noting that my Wii U is on almost all the time, but a lot of that time is either idling from what I was playing while the TV is on some kids channel, or on Netflix on some kids show. But I do still actively play Smash 4 several times a week at a bare minimum (which is more impressive than it sounds given the number of games I juggle and my lack of free time to play those games).

But yeah, I've still got JagsRock and Falawful to play by season's end.

Can't find a GCN controller adapter so I think I'm going to just take the plunge on a pro controller. The gamepad is too big to play on for long periods.

I must be crazy for wanting customs. Ness gets the most minor of boosts with pkmagnet. The rest of his customs are inferior to the originals.

My link though.... Looking dangerous

Link is such a magnificent beast with customs.
And now along with TWILT you'll get a "Rival Link" sticker.

The great thing about his customs are that they are all viable for certain matchups. He has a base set that I think works best for him, but his moves can be interchanged based on the matchup.

Unlike ness who's only custom benefit is the other 2 pk magnets and Lucas pk fire for maybe 2 matchups. Both are so minimal it hardly makes a difference

I haven't unlocked them yet, but I see at least 3 PAC man customs that look beneficial

TWILT

Banned
I love Link with customs, though mostly for the regular Boomerang one.

Need to experiment with them some more though. I want to actually hit with the Meteor Bombs more often. I also never really thought about using the Piercing Bow to get around Luma until a little while ago. Hmm...

I love Link with customs, though mostly for the regular Boomerang one.

Need to experiment with them some more though. I want to actually hit with the Meteor Bombs more often. I also never really thought about using the Piercing Bow to get around Luma until a little while ago. Hmm...

I seriously think link with customs moves him up to high b tier at least

xgre

Neo Member
New to this thread, but who wants to play some matches with me and possibly some of my friends?
Wii U: DryWater

Dreavus

I think Dedede might be best for 9.0 without custom since Gordo is beast against most of characters including Master/Crazy Hands and Master Core.

Thanks for this, just did it an hour or so ago. Gordo just bounces on them and hits so many times it's ridiculous! I was able to actually finish the whole fight without losing a stock (I lost one along the way though, so no stockless yet).

Top Bottom