• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GGs Shamrock, that Ness is still too stronk, but I beat him with Falcon, so I'm satisfied with myself.

Haha, yea. I was trying to do too much with that PK Vacuum. I see a lot of things I can do with it. Just gotta get more comfortable using it. It's a shame that that is the only truly beneficial move Ness has for customs.

Puruzi

Banned
Haha, yea. I was trying to do too much with that PK Vacuum. I see a lot of things I can do with it. Just gotta get more comfortable using it.
Vacuum seems like a great custom, looks like I gotta grind for Ness customs now

Anyone else wanna 1v1? ID is HarimeNui

OK, GGs Invincible Agent! You were a fun guy, so don't be put down! I'm only the beginning of GAF's strong players, so work hard and play your best!

Also Duck Hunt is so much fun because he's a dog

OK, GGs Invincible Agent! You were a fun guy, so don't be put down! I'm only the beginning of GAF's strong players, so work hard and play your best!

Also Duck Hunt is so much fun because he's a dog

I believe my problems are thus:

1. I roll too much. I should grab more often (or grab at all, cough cough) instead.

2. I use smash attacks often despite not having a good opening. I should use tilts more often instead.

3. I don't know how to juggle. This is probably just getting used to Smash 4's gravity and testing out aerials more.

Also, not sure you saw this above:

I feel like you were really onto something for the first quarter of that MK/GAW match. I felt like I could do literally nothing. Then it felt like you backed off on the combos and only beat me by a reasonable amount.

I believe my problems are thus:

1. I roll too much. I should grab more often (or grab at all, cough cough) instead.

2. I use smash attacks often despite not having a good opening. I should use tilts more often instead.

3. I don't know how to juggle. This is probably just getting used to Smash 4's gravity and testing out aerials more.

Also, not sure you saw this above:

1.) Work on it, but always consider the context too.

2.) It's better not to attack at all than to attack without good reason to. At high levels you'll get punished for missed attacks far more often than not.

3.) Yeah, just get used to things and know what can juggle into what. Fundamentals help too.

I didn't see that until now, but yeah I admit I kinda started trying more risky stuff in favor of what worked. When you have matches where it's obvious you can win when performing at your best, you sometimes find yourself doing unsafe options and, in my case, even giving the opponent breathing room to heighten the challenge. I'm not a robot, but don't think of this as me looking down on you, but simply how my mindset is.

Man, GGs, Nabster. Very solid Rosalina you have. I know a few tricks of her's from playing Dabuz's a bit, haha. I was a bit surprised that you didn't use her jab a bit more. That usually ruins me so much during matches. :p

Also, that Falcon Punch had me laughing for a bit.

Nabster92

Man, GGs, Nabster. Very solid Rosalina you have. I know a few tricks of her's from playing Dabuz's a bit, haha. I was a bit surprised that you didn't use her jab a bit more. That usually ruins me so much during matches. :p

Also, that Falcon Punch had me laughing for a bit.

GG's Cyberman. I really need to work on that Sonic matchup more. Not sure why I don't jab more...maybe it's a habit from playing Marth for so long and not really liking being in that jab range. I still have a lot of things like that that I need to incorporate into my game. Lately just been trying to see where n-air works well and how punishable it is, so I've been using that probably a lot more than I should. Was good to see you capitalizing on it a lot.

Are you from the same region as Dabuz?

I have a question regarding competitive play. My friend and I are looking at entering a 2v2 tournament on Feb.28th in Houston and I was wondering who you guys think are some good pairs to play with. I'm alright with:

-Bowser
-Shulk
-Little Mac
-Pikachu
-Captain Falcon
-Megaman
-Lucina

So for a second person to be playing with one of the above who should it be? And it can be a pair that doesn't involve one of the above either just kind of narrowing it down a bit.

GG's Cyberman. I really need to work on that Sonic matchup more. Not sure why I don't jab more...maybe it's a habit from playing Marth for so long and not really liking being in that jab range. I still have a lot of things like that that I need to incorporate into my game. Lately just been trying to see where n-air works well and how punishable it is, so I've been using that probably a lot more than I should. Was good to see you capitalizing on it a lot.

Are you from the same region as Dabuz?
Yeah, I forgot how long the n-air stays out for. Caught me off-guard a lot.

And yep, I went to a couple of tourneys with him. I can't seem to figure out how to get past his Rosalina. Whenever I try to get up from the ledge, he perfectly spaces her and the Luma away from her with jabs so that you get caught by rolling or getting up normally. Along with him being defensive as well, it's hard.

hey Nabster, how did you do at Apex?

I have a question regarding competitive play. My friend and I are looking at entering a 2v2 tournament on Feb.28th in Houston and I was wondering who you guys think are some good pairs to play with. I'm alright with:

-Bowser
-Shulk
-Little Mac
-Pikachu
-Captain Falcon
-Megaman
-Lucina

So for a second person to be playing with one of the above who should it be? And it can be a pair that doesn't involve one of the above either just kind of narrowing it down a bit.

shouldn't you pick a teammate based on your synergy with them, even if it's not one of those characters?

also what tournament are you going to

hey Nabster, how did you do at Apex?

shouldn't you pick a teammate based on your synergy with them, even if it's not one of those characters?

also what tournament are you going to

If I recall correctly, he was winning until he got beat by Sky, screwed over by his pool manager guy, and lost to Dabuz.

And yeah, the first part of team battles is synergy between players, then synergy between characters.

Cronox

Banned
Karsticles, I think I'm going to miss this upcoming season of ranbats - I generally play late at night on US pacific time, making it hard to ever match with people during my normal playtimes. While they were generally challenging/fun battles, I usually had to go out of my way to make them happen on weekend afternoons when I'd like to out of the house.

I still hope to play people in the thread spontaneously now and then though...

For what it's worth (given that I'm not joining), I think either going 2 stock or first to 3 (best out of 5) would get ranbats done a lot quicker. A lot of my ranbat sets took a surprising amount of time. There's always the option to stay and play some more afterwards if the players aren't satiated... I played probably 10 matches in total with one of my ranbat opponents before we stopped.

Boney

Banned
Can I change my vote for the ranbats? Voted for the option that was set up for this season but on second thought I agree, the way the sets are set up is gonna take too long. 2 stocks out of 3/5 is enough

Karsticles, I think I'm going to miss this upcoming season of ranbats - I generally play late at night on US pacific time, making it hard to ever match with people during my normal playtimes. While they were generally challenging/fun battles, I usually had to go out of my way to make them happen on weekend afternoons when I'd like to out of the house.

I still hope to play people in the thread spontaneously now and then though...

For what it's worth (given that I'm not joining), I think either going 2 stock or first to 3 (best out of 5) would get ranbats done a lot quicker. A lot of my ranbat sets took a surprising amount of time. There's always the option to stay and play some more afterwards if the players aren't satiated... I played probably 10 matches in total with one of my ranbat opponents before we stopped.
That's cool. You are welcome to return at a later season if you want. :)

Can I change my vote for the ranbats? Voted for the option that was set up for this season but on second thought I agree, the way the sets are set up is gonna take too long. 2 stocks out of 3/5 is enough
If you go to the survey link, it should offer you an option to change your votes.

Nabster92

If I recall correctly, he was winning until he got beat by Sky, screwed over by his pool manager guy, and lost to Dabuz.

And yeah, the first part of team battles is synergy between players, then synergy between characters.

Not quite. Didn't get to even win anything before playing sky because the pool manager was DQ happy for my first two round opponents along with Dabuz even though he was right there when he DQ'd him. So I played sky with no warmup and barely lost then had to immediately play Dabuz when he had no business being in losers in round 1 pools.

Think I could've at least taken sky out if we played again in losers finals like we should have.

SoldnerKei

Oh man, this lag's kinda brutal. Are you playing with a LAN adapter, SoldnerKei?

yeah, that lag is way too much, nope no Lan adapter, but I rarely got lag playing against GAF, I guess someone it's watching videos or something llike that, because it gets good from time to time

if lag continues let's call it out, I know it's no fun playing like that xD

No, but I am juggling and tricking the heck out of direct quote with it. It is an amazing change of pace attack. Heck, I may keep it against some energy projectile opponents

It is also great off ledge for gimping
I'm not a very good metric for testing tactics because I fall for everything..

FluxWaveZ

yeah, that lag is way too much, nope no Lan adapter, but I rarely got lag playing against GAF, I guess someone it's watching videos or something llike that, because it gets good from time to time

Yeah, they're like long spikes. I also don't usually have lag playing against anyone here—though I have an adapter—so maybe it's the combination of distance and that we're not both playing with one. That last match was better, though.

Top Bottom