• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

jrDev

Played the game at a gamestop again and I can't believe how beautiful and bold everything looks. I want a WiiU just for this game ;_;

I have a room up if anyone from Bracket 3 wants to play. No one's accepted my challenge yet (excluding a FFA match with Masked Man, but that doesn't quite count), so I'd appreciate it if someone could drop by before tomorrow.

Spiderduff

Anyone up for some games? I need practice so I don't get destroyed online please lol

NNID: Spiderduff

West Coast CA just in case

Jobbs

Banned
Alright toon link is now my main. Now I need to look for another one

King. Fucking. De. De. De.

After dozens of hours with the game now I think that Dedede is one of the most fun characters to play. The most competitive at the high end? Hmm, maybe not, but very few of us play at the high end! For the rest of us he's so fuckin' fun and quite competitive at mid level play!

At 36 am I just too old to play Smash now? I'm getting my balls busted every time I play online. I did pretty well playing Brawl when it came out but I'm struggling with this one. Maybe I'm just too distracted by the visuals. Part of it is dealing with the lag as I'm often a frame or two behind when shielding but the rest, I'm just not with it.

What's the secret to getting good again GAF?

Dereck

No on screen notification system = criminal

I've said it before but it makes game coordination very difficult with non-GAF people.

Negaduck

King. Fucking. De. De. De.

After dozens of hours with the game now I think that Dedede is one of the most fun characters to play. The most competitive at the high end? Hmm, maybe not, but very few of us play at the high end! For the rest of us he's so fuckin' fun and quite competitive at mid level play!

My man. 3D has been my main dude since I got to try a demo of brawl at GameStop. No more chain throws but he is still so damn fun.

njean777

Is it just me or is bowser a bit OP? My friend is pretty good with him, but I just cannot for the life of me figure out why he can instant recover from being on the ground and just pop out a big hit out of nowhere. It has come to the point where the only person I can fight him with is Marth or Yoshi. Marth for his down+b counter, and Yoshi because he is super fast and hits pretty hard.

jnWake

Is it just me or is bowser a bit OP? My friend is pretty good with him, but I just cannot for the life of me figure out why he can instant recover from being on the ground and just pop out a big hit out of nowhere. It has come to the point where the only person I can fight him with is Marth or Yoshi. Marth for his down+b counter, and Yoshi because he is super fast and hits pretty hard.

From the few Bowser I've fought, it seems that to beat him you don't have to battle him much. Bowser punishes super hard so you can't attack him unless it's safe. So, to some extent, you have to wait for him to attack or bait him because he has many attacks that are easy to punish too.

Bowser shouldn't be phased by Marth's counter. He has three fantastic ways to get around it. Bowser just makes people realize how reckless they play.

At 36 am I just too old to play Smash now? I'm getting my balls busted every time I play online. I did pretty well playing Brawl when it came out but I'm struggling with this one. Maybe I'm just too distracted by the visuals. Part of it is dealing with the lag as I'm often a frame or two behind when shielding but the rest, I'm just not with it.

What's the secret to getting good again GAF?
30 here and doing fine. Practice with goals in mind.

From the few Bowser I've fought, it seems that to beat him you don't have to battle him much. Bowser punishes super hard so you can't attack him unless it's safe. So, to some extent, you have to wait for him to attack or bait him because he has many attacks that are easy to punish too.
He requires patience.

Enforced

Winning strategy for 99% of For Glory Little Mac players:
1) Stand near a ledge.
2) As they run in to dash attack, shield.
3) Grab punish.
4) Throw them off the ledge.
5) Gimp.
Ah no wonder he tried avoid the ledge. I noticed sometimes he stood there in the middle wait for me to attack.
Ok will try this next time.

Gattuso

I made a gif of that sad portion of the battle enforced haha
BigDemandingCaterpillar.gif

Got a WiiU 2 days ago and finally jumped on the new smash boat. Sadly I'm terrible haha. Getting destroyed online. Guess I should have really put in some work on single player before facing real people :/ Just lost like 6 in a row to a captain falcon who would put me from 0 to 50 so quick.

Top Bottom